VFL Round 5, 2018: Box Hill v Sandringham, 5th May 2:00PM AEST - Nathan Freeman Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

511759-tlslargeportrait.jpg

He's got that Robert Harvey hairstyle, I like it.

Jesus H Christ look at that hammy, about to explode through the skin.

By the time they wait for freezer to be ready for the AFL later this year, he will do his hammy! No risks richo will pick lonie and Arno etc. lot of richo fans will be happy about the stability, never mind the weekly thrashings...and the fact we are heading for a few spoons in a row—-
Stability the richo fans have been yelling over the past few years...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give him one more week, at least.
Also, we play in Perth next week and that surface is meant to be terrible.

Ewww yeah plane trip not ideal either. Perhaps hold off a week, but straight in after that I'd say.

TBH I'd still be tempted just to play him. Confidence and momentum and making 'human' decisions are underrated.

Missed most of the last quarter but probably still a fair way off it mate. Improving and on a good trajectory. But the same people calling for him to come in are probably the same people calling for O'Kearney to come in last year (before he was delisted and not even picked up by another VFL team). Honestly not sure you would notice if he wast out there. Would take 15 Lonie / Sincs / Freezer touches over 30 from Phillips (at this stage)

Freezer a big positive. But remember the hardest game is always second up. Needs a month or so here IMO

Lonie and Sincs pretty good (not that they will ever play in the middle in the ones). Thought Austin was okay given the amount of ball down there.

If Geary wasn't captain Rice would be playing ones.

Battle couldn't get near it. McKenzie on borrowed time

Interesting, thanks to you and Kilroy for the reports (and anyone else)

Where did Sinc play mostly?

By the time they wait for freezer to be ready for the AFL later this year, he will do his hammy! No risks richo will pick lonie and Arno etc. lot of richo fans will be happy about the stability, never mind the weekly thrashings...and the fact we are heading for a few spoons in a row—-

Jesus Christ

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they will give him at least 3 weeks in the 2s before thinking about Freezer - hasn't played a full game for about a year and he got the ball a bit / not bad , he will be playing firsts for sure
next week Acres will be back in

Ewww yeah plane trip not ideal either. Perhaps hold off a week, but straight in after that I'd say.

TBH I'd still be tempted just to play him. Confidence and momentum and making 'human' decisions are underrated.
Two weeks time - round 9 Saturday night V Collingwood.

If he gets through next week uninjured I'd announce he was in on the Monday before the game - at least we'd get some decent media coverage during the week.

That would be 4.5 years after he got drafted he plays his first game - so around 1650 days between draft and first game - the media would love it, the AFL would love it - s*** even the Pies fans would even probably love it.

Two weeks time - round 9 Saturday night V Collingwood.

If he gets through next week uninjured I'd announce he was in on the Monday before the game - at least we'd get some decent media coverage during the week.

That would be 4.5 years after he got drafted he plays his first game - so around 1650 days between draft and first game - the media would love it, the AFL would love it - s*** even the Pies fans would even probably love it.
You get the gig as Promotions and Marketing Manager.

I disagree with waiting. This guy deserves a senior AFL game and if his hammies burst one more time, that dream is over.

What do we have to lose? Give this guy his chance in the big leagues and I know he will try harder than a couple of Richo's favourites who get picked week after week.
How does he deserve a senior AFL game?

Interesting given some good numbers for the St Kilda mids that we got thrashed so badly. Must have been a few passengers out there.

Someone commented on having too many full back types... it's an issue for Sandy now similar to the ruck issue last year. With Austin, Goddard, Clavarino and Joyce it's a very samey backline, very unbalanced.

Fantastic to see Freeman rack up some possessions. Let's see how he goes over three weeks, a debut would be a great story he definitely seems to have the tools if he can get his body right.

Very disappointing result for Sandy today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back