RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness, it was the first game and I'm sure they'll get better.
Exactly. Nothing worse than round 1 cristisim. They'll know what works and what doesn't now. It's a fantastic venue. Personally I'd like to see Kyneton host a GF especially with that beautiful old grand stand!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went to Geelong to watch a mate on Saturday and called into the Giants/Lancefield 19s game at Gissy... I know they have a few exemptions to help with a future senior team but, they are just taking the piss. Full grown men who must be at least 24 playing against 16/17 year old kids.

Went to Geelong to watch a mate on Saturday and called into the Giants/Lancefield 19s game at Gissy... I know they have a few exemptions to help with a future senior team but, they are just taking the piss. Full grown men who must be at least 24 playing against 16/17 year old kids.
What some leagues allow is totally bewildering. Pretty sure other leagues allowing things to happen as well so clubs get sides up.

I think that the number of men playing in the women’s comp is also going to become an issue. The league need to show strong leadership on these issues if they want to run a woman’s competition.

Not sure they are 24 but definitely a stretch on under 19.5.

Definitely can’t host a grand final if they can’t even get round 1 right, beers shouldn’t be any more than $5 at any ground
The cost of alcohol has gone up a lot. Around $60 a slab of beer these days.
Most clubs I’ve noticed are selling beers for $6 which I think is fair. Clubs have still got to make some money to survive increased costs.

Rupo was $8 a beer during edfl finals last year. That I can’t agree with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the comp has evened out which is great to see compared to a comp like WRFL D2.

Romsey won by less than a kick against Centrals and beat Wallan the week before.
Wallan then roll the reigning premiers the week later.

Seems like the margins in most games are pretty tight which is great for the competitions on field health.

Romsey by 24 - Kyneton depleated by injuries and suspension - Jewdab back for Romsey is massive

Diggers by 108 - Diggers back to full strength and will make a statement after last week

Riddell by 46 - will stamp there authority as flag favourites - Galea to kick 8

Woodend by 8 - Toman to be the difference through the midfield.

Riddell far too good today and with players to come back. Thought Cannon was amazing and surprised he wasn't named in the best.

Wallan have two great kids in Owen Fowler who was sensational on Dean Galea and Riley Gilchrist who is one tough kid.

A bit off topic, did I hear correctly and after watching last night's 19 game, that giants have season approvals for 8 x 20 year oldplayers? Seems a little far fetched, and a little unfair if true.

Romsey by 24 - Kyneton depleated by injuries and suspension - Jewdab back for Romsey is massive

Diggers by 108 - Diggers back to full strength and will make a statement after last week

Riddell by 46 - will stamp there authority as flag favourites - Galea to kick 8

Woodend by 8 - Toman to be the difference through the midfield.
Romsey 22
Diggers 115
Riddell 21
Woodend 81

Might look at starting a paid tipping subscription after the 4/4 and the first two games nearly within a goal.

Watched Woodend vs Lancefield today, Woodend showed a lot more than what they have the first two weeks. Toman a class above. Woodend had a kid playing for them who dead set I thought was 12 years old, but certainly held his own.

Would be shocked if Lancefield don’t come out firing on Thursday in the Anzac Day clash of the Tigers after the effort they put up today.

Saying that, heard from a Couple who were at Kyneton Romsey today, and they thought Romsey were outstanding - after last week performance the heat was put on them and had contributers across the whole ground. Kyneton poor for a second week in a row they said, lack some serious A Grade talent.

A bit off topic, did I hear correctly and after watching last night's 19 game, that giants have season approvals for 8 x 20 year oldplayers? Seems a little far fetched, and a little unfair if true.

I know they have a few, not exactly sure if there is 8 though.

And I believe some are 21/22 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know they have a few, not exactly sure if there is 8 though.

And I believe some are 21/22 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Are the other teams given compensation for them.playing above their age group or are they not allowed to participate in the grandfinal, seems pretty rough on the younger teams doing the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back