RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching 2 Round 1 Games in person and video footage of 3, here is my updated premiership market, and fair to say there has been some big moves since my previous one

Diggers Rest $1.6
Riddell $3.20
Kyneton $3.40
Wallen $7.00
Romsey $9.50

Woodend $15
Macedon $21
Lancefield $41
Melton $67
Riddell were poor. I wouldn't even have them second. Probably fifth. Although taking nothing from Macedon. They came ready to play.

Half time at Riddell:

Riddell 4.7
Kyneton 2.3

Entertaining, physical, hard fought game. Riddell got the upper hand in 2nd quarter, but not really reflected on the scoreboard.

Galea with 2 and also initiated a fair scuffle after HT siren.

Sizeable crowd.

Pity Play HQ scores in most games aren’t being recorded or kept up to date. Same in EDFL I notice. Club’s responsibility?

Last edited:
Half time at Riddell:

Riddell 4.7
Kyneton 2.3

Entertaining, physical, hard fought game. Riddell got the upper hand in 2nd quarter, but not really reflected on the scoreboard.

Pity Play HQ scores in most games aren’t recorded or kept up to date. Same in EDFL I notice. Club’s responsibility?
Yes I've noticed some of the scores aren't working. Also wondering why the ressies and under 19/18s don't get done live either.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensational performance by Wallan. 4 quarters of excellent team footy. Couple of highlights, Matt Perry coming from 20 odd meters away to run down a Diggers player and Chris Stewart's goal out of the ruck like he did for EK. He has an amazing ability to grab the ball and still have time to effect a positive kick.

Got to give the coach a wrap too. Kept key players on the ground longer and made key tactical changes. The back six, who apart from Mannix, are all reasonably young were fantastic too.

On the down side, sad to see Caruana in a wheelchair after the game. I asked what happened as he did leave the ground earlier and apparently suffered a concussion.

I also wondered why the canteen seemed quiet. Upon closer inspection the prices may need to be looked at. Sorry guys, but $7 for a pie is way OTT.

That said, the whole complex looks even better than it did earlier in the year and is an outstanding facility.

Yes I've noticed some of the scores aren't working. Also wondering why the ressies and under 19/18s don't get done live either.

Yeah can’t get on play hq.

Went to have a look at the Diggers new facility today which are very nice.
Wallan lead at every change & won by 31pts.
Had plenty of contributors. Both sides will be in the thick of it come finals time.
Hope Jaidyn Caruana who left after the game in an ambulance is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Half time at Riddell:

Riddell 4.7
Kyneton 2.3

Sizeable crowd.

Pity Play HQ scores in most games aren’t being recorded or kept up to date. Same in EDFL I notice. Club’s responsibility?

The mouse in the wheel that powers the PlayHQ system died LOL.

Seriously, this happens on the first day that most leagues around Australia are now underway.

Most clubs do not do live scores for 19s and ressies. Just input final scores.
Sensational performance by Wallan. 4 quarters of excellent team footy. Couple of highlights, Matt Perry coming from 20 odd meters away to run down a Diggers player and Chris Stewart's goal out of the ruck like he did for EK. He has an amazing ability to grab the ball and still have time to effect a positive kick.

Got to give the coach a wrap too. Kept key players on the ground longer and made key tactical changes. The back six, who apart from Mannix, are all reasonably young were fantastic too.

On the down side, sad to see Caruana in a wheelchair after the game. I asked what happened as he did leave the ground earlier and apparently suffered a concussion.

I also wondered why the canteen seemed quiet. Upon closer inspection the prices may need to be looked at. Sorry guys, but $7 for a pie is way OTT.

That said, the whole complex looks even better than it did earlier in the year and is an outstanding facility.
Canteen was quiet as they ran out of food before reserves game was completed. Very poor. All prices were excessive including alcohol which was way over the top

Most clubs do not do live scores for 19s and ressies. Just input final scores.

Canteen was quiet as they ran out of food before reserves game was completed. Very poor. All prices were excessive including alcohol which was way over the top
Definitely can’t host a grand final if they can’t even get round 1 right, beers shouldn’t be any more than $5 at any ground

Definitely can’t host a grand final if they can’t even get round 1 right, beers shouldn’t be any more than $5 at any ground

In fairness, it was the first game and I'm sure they'll get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back