RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Inapickle

John West
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone got any information on the young rdflnl young fellas who’ve nominated for draft?
Ethan Beer,Riley Mason,Corey Pertzel all Romsey
Liam Bianco,Jacob Stewart Woodend
Jackson Cardillo Rupo
Are any of these fellas genuine chances of being picked up?

If they were legitimate chances they would have played Calder Cannons and had that reflected next to their name.

If they were legitimate chances they would have played Calder Cannons and had that reflected next to their name.
I think u will find Cardillo played the full season with Calder in 19 and some part in 18. He’d be a chance but sorta debunks your story of listing him as a Calder player doesn’t it.

I think u will find Cardillo played the full season with Calder in 19 and some part in 18. He’d be a chance but sorta debunks your story of listing him as a Calder player doesn’t it.

Not really, if AFL clubs are aware of him through scouting and vision of Calder games doesn’t matter what the lad has listed on his draft nomination form, however the original statement might have been inclined to be taken by the fact the they had the gents listed as Woodend with no referral to a NAB league clubs. There are many instances that occurs with just anyone nominating.

Hermes70 Do you think that the league should target East Sunbury to join the competition in 2022 ? To eliminate the bye ?
the rdfl shoud approach a few clubs in the region that coud fit in with the teams that are left. East sunbury, kyneten are good startin points
being stand alone and not having to deal with goldfields could offer something diffeent Time will tell if the current teams are able to keep the league competitive

With the league now cutting ties with Goldfields, what are peoples views of changing back to the age groups we use to have, so they don't run in conjunction with the other Goldfields comps?

My opinion was the evens, 10,12,14,16 for juniors worked great.

And then having the u18.5 was a good way of introducing new players to a senior club.

I think the upping of the age to 19.5 was a bad decision, as most of these kids are now starting an apprenticeship or uni dont want to play footy as some bosses want them to work on the weekends.

Just wondering what other people think.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My 2 cents worth is the even ages all the way through the juniors.

18.5 is the right age for introduction to the senior club.

the key item is to get the grading correct for the junior sports. So you get the kids playing against kids of similar levels.

With the league now cutting ties with Goldfields, what are peoples views of changing back to the age groups we use to have, so they don't run in conjunction with the other Goldfields comps?

My opinion was the evens, 10,12,14,16 for juniors worked great.

And then having the u18.5 was a good way of introducing new players to a senior club.

I think the upping of the age to 19.5 was a bad decision, as most of these kids are now starting an apprenticeship or uni dont want to play footy as some bosses want them to work on the weekends.

Just wondering what other people think.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2 cents worth is the even ages all the way through the juniors.

18.5 is the right age for introduction to the senior club.

the key item is to get the grading correct for the junior sports. So you get the kids playing against kids of similar levels.
Grading is important but I personally think the odd ages were the way to go. By far the biggest difference in age groups happens at under 14 where top age kids have generally started puberty and bottom age kids have not. Kids don’t stop playing overnight it is generally the compounding of several issues.

More good news for the clubs left in rdfl.
Hopefaly this gives clubs moor imput how things go
Hope its start off good things
Can slap it with whatever you want metro or country but the fact is it will be the worst metro league in melbourne.

Can slap it with whatever you want metro or country but the fact is it will be the worst metro league in melbourne.

I don't think we are trying to be better than any of the of metro leagues, we are building our own identity, and I think as you can see from the recruits from all clubs, attracting other gun players to our league is happening more easily.

We may never be as good as the the major metro clubs, Essendon, Western, Eastern etc, due to their size and money, but I think we offer a point of difference to other leagues, like decent fanatical local crowds, and a country feel in a metro comp.

Pretty ordinary call SuburbanScout

Its only metro in name
The way the things are goin is that the RDFL is gettin back to ther beginings an gettin the clubs back to have a say in how things are done
if that meens being the worst league in melbourne, then that is ok with me.
With the way of the world today i reckon that this seeson will be a great year an there will be bumpa crowds becuase people have missed footy so much. The rdfl will only get stronger hopefully

I don't think we are trying to be better than any of the of metro leagues, we are building our own identity, and I think as you can see from the recruits from all clubs, attracting other gun players to our league is happening more easily.

We may never be as good as the the major metro clubs, Essendon, Western, Eastern etc, due to their size and money, but I think we offer a point of difference to other leagues, like decent fanatical local crowds, and a country feel in a metro comp.

Pretty ordinary call SuburbanScout
Agree 100% with this.... Not the best standard but streets ahead of most other "metro comps' in regards to pure enjoyment of local footy with some terrific country grounds, hospitality... Netball ect....
Give me the atmosphere of a Riddell v Woodend at Riddell compared to Strathmore v Pacco at Lebanon Reserve//Deer Park v Altona at Deer Park everytime

Agree 100% with this.... Not the best standard but streets ahead of most other "metro comps' in regards to pure enjoyment of local footy with some terrific country grounds, hospitality... Netball ect....
Give me the atmosphere of a Riddell v Woodend at Riddell compared to Strathmore v Pacco at Lebanon Reserve//Deer Park v Altona at Deer Park everytime

an absolute ripper community competition with some of the most beautiful venues in the state.

I’ve said many times I wish I’d played in the comp when I had the chance and I’d take that over metro grounds any day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back