RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Craigieburn might be better suited in a non relegation competition if recent patterns continue
Yes maybe Doona. They have lost a few now. Losing Davies hurts. I wonder why he does bounce around between clubs. If my memory serves my well he didn’t play premier last time they went up either. Doesn’t want to play premier by the looks of things.
Also EDFL heavily reduced cap compared to 2019 hurts a lot of clubs in respect to paying players same coin.

On Viani he lives in Wallan if im correct so maybe his next.

Maybe Craigieburn might be better suited in a non relegation competition if recent patterns continue
This is a perfect example and opportunity for the RDFL to get on the front foot and reach out to Craigieburn. They might even consider approaching Jacana as they are slowly disappearing in the EDFL, the RDFL was the perfect fit for them. If administered properly I'm a little more optimistic about the future of the RDFL than a lot of others. The grass is not (never) greener on the other side.

Disappointing times for Craigieburn. Lance has done a great job putting a group of young blokes together who want to play a high standard of footy. It’s sad that their more experienced players aren’t keen on helping them develop and lead their club in the right direction.

Disappointing times for Craigieburn. Lance has done a great job putting a group of young blokes together who want to play a high standard of footy. It’s sad that their more experienced players aren’t keen on helping them develop and lead their club in the right direction.
Davies good B Grade player , can't cut it with the Big Boy's in Premier EDFL.. RDFL suits him

That’s not that silly of an idea Doona. Craigieburn have a big core group of players that prefer not to play Premier which is a shame. They will be in big big trouble again next year. It’s not healthy to go about the pattern they are going heading up and down like a yo-yo. There current culture would no doubt suit a non promotion/relegation comp! I think they would be a powerhouse in the current RDFL which may not be a great thing but may also help bring the overall standard up over time, but the RDFL should inquire.

That’s not that silly of an idea Doona. Craigieburn have a big core group of players that prefer not to play Premier which is a shame. They will be in big big trouble again next year. It’s not healthy to go about the pattern they are going heading up and down like a yo-yo. There current culture would no doubt suit a non promotion/relegation comp! I think they would be a powerhouse in the current RDFL which may not be a great thing but may also help bring the overall standard up over time, but the RDFL should inquire.
No harm in asking is there ? All they can say is no thank you.

In regards to an earlier post re Jacana. Moving back to the league would be a great point of difference to nearby clubs. As the area is saturated with other clubs with 10 minutes of them.

I agree Bissa from a senior perspective but maybe not from a junior perspective. But definitely worth considering if they keep losing players once they win it. I reckon it’s the travel distance that hampers them recruiting big name players for premier league. What’s your views..

I was very impressed with Craigieburn in last years finals both on field and off.

Yes maybe Doona. They have lost a few now. Losing Davies hurts. I wonder why he does bounce around between clubs. If my memory serves my well he didn’t play premier last time they went up either. Doesn’t want to play premier by the looks of things.
Also EDFL heavily reduced cap compared to 2019 hurts a lot of clubs in respect to paying players same coin.

On Viani he lives in Wallan if im correct so maybe his next.
Viani does not live in wallan and Davies has played premier with Craigieburn and played great football when he did. Maybe if Craigieburn could recruit players from outside the club as they would have needed at least 5 players to even be competitive this year i think would make a great difference as they have had this problem for many years now. Even if all the older players stayed they still would have got beaten every week.

P
Viani does not live in wallan and Davies has played premier with Craigieburn and played great football when he did. Maybe if Craigieburn could recruit players from outside the club as they would have needed at least 5 players to even be competitive this year i think would make a great difference as they have had this problem for many years now. Even if all the older players stayed they still would have got beaten every week.
Pretty sure Viani lives in Wallan mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies was solid player years ago when playing at Crazyburn in Premier but he knows it's too hard for him now.. As mentioned before , has been a good B Grade player for years, that's it so I can see why he wouldn't want to play in Premier comp and instead go back to a level where he is a good player

Bit of a left field Qn amd nothing to do with actual footy.

Been talking toma few of the guys i work with, qnd they said how they are missing the social side of footy and missing the tradional Thursday night meals at the club.

And the topic of price came up, these guys are located around the gippsland area, it was staggetimg the price difference.

Some from $10, $15 pot and meal, to a club charging $30 for a meal and a drink.

Just wondering what our clubs charge in our comp, not a real footy related question.

Majority bave volu teers cook and some had local business to do it.

The general consesus of most popular meals, is the steak night and parma night seemed to be the fav down this way.

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a left field Qn amd nothing to do with actual footy.

Been talking toma few of the guys i work with, qnd they said how they are missing the social side of footy and missing the tradional Thursday night meals at the club.

And the topic of price came up, these guys are located around the gippsland area, it was staggetimg the price difference.

Some from $10, $15 pot and meal, to a club charging $30 for a meal and a drink.

Just wondering what our clubs charge in our comp, not a real footy related question.

Majority bave volu teers cook and some had local business to do it.

The general consesus of most popular meals, is the steak night and parma night seemed to be the fav down this way.

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

$30 is crazy ... I reckon meals would be $10-$15 at most clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back