RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumour has it that the Gordon brothers will be pulling on the boots for Kilmore this week (finally!)
Will be very handy inclusions if this is true! :thumbsu:

:eek: $hit ya not wrong!!! Nothing on the clearances page???

Looks like the deal has been done.. The Gordon Brothers will be in Kilmore colours starting this week... Well done to Kilmore, hopefully this will see the whole club turn the corner..

Probably puts the Blues well and truly back in the mix for that sixth position too.... :thumbsu:

Just went in to put my tips in for the next couple of weeks and could not help but notice the 2 massive weeks Sunbury have coming up. Diggers at Diggers followed by Riddell at home. Should be 2 cracking games and give a heads up as to where this season is heading.

By the way - it is tough at the top;)

RDFL - Round 4

Woodend/Hesket Vs Lancefield
Big game for the Hawks, they are a much stronger outfit at home, but will need to be this week. If they take the Tigers lightly then they could end up on the receiving end of another loss like last week.
The 40 point loss to Centrals was a big let down for the Hawks who would have been confident of competing for that vital last spot in the finals race. The Tigers fought their hearts out against the Burra but in the end were just outclassed. They need a big effort to get over the Hawks away from home.
Result: Woodend/Hesket by 30 points
Sunday Headline: Hawks bounce back.

Broadford Vs Kilmore
The big news surrounding this game is the clearance of the Gordon Brothers to line up for Kilmore.. FINALLY!!! These two will have their chance to shine and after such a long wait, the Kilmore supporters will be counting down the hours. Add to that the return of Jacobs who missed last week and the Blues will be a vastly different side for this weeks match. Broadford were impressive last week IMO. Even though the scoreboard ended one sided, the young Broadford side moved the ball exceptionally well at times and will be a threat to any opponent in 2011. At home they will be looking to steal the celebration from the Blues and with all that has gone on this week they could slip under the guard.
Result: Kilmore by 28 points
Sunday Headline: Blues down determined Roos

Riddell Vs Rockbank
The Bombers are coming off their most impressive game of the season, giving the Blues a belting last week. With Brian Ruffell missing for a few weeks the avenue's to goal continue to reduce just a little, for the 3rd game running no one was willing to go anywhere near Haydn Ross, maybe the Rams might just have someone man him up this week.
The Rams are also coming off their best game of the season, although it was a loss. They may have just found the game style that suits them best and take it into this game, pushing numbers to the contest and leavng the forward 50 wide open to run back into. This is a big game for the Rams, they need to back up last weeks performance and prove they are a threat to the rest of the competition.
Result: Riddell by 40 points.
Sunday Headline: Allen the key to Bombers blitz.

Romsey Vs Wallan
Romsey win

Melton Centrals Vs Macedon
Centrals sent a bit of a message last week with a big win over Woodend/Hesket. But much like the Rams they need to back it up this week against the Cats. This game could be a challenging one on their home turf, especially if the Cats use the press, on a small ground, it could really cramp up their opponents.
The Cats have just been going along nicely, 3 wins and still flying ever so slightly under the radar. Al Meldrum would be quite content with how they are going and will have his charges pumped for another solid performance this week. This is a battle between two of the best coaches in the competition.
Result: Macedon by 30 points
Sunday Headline: Cats squeeze out another win.

Match of the Round
Diggers Rest Vs Sunbury Kangaroos
Who could go past the local rivalry as the match of the round. The rematch of last years Preliminary Final. The Burra are finding some form early in the season and were able to comfortably account for the Tigers last week. Shane Marchewka in particular impressive up forward with a big bag of goals. The matches between these two are always fantastic to watch and this will be no different. The Kangaroos will be looking to re-establish themselves as the kings of the comp this week after a mini scare last week against the Rams. The James-Caton match up will be a ripper, while the battle of the midfield looms as the key.
Result: Sunbury Kangaroos by 35 points
Sunday Headline: Roos reassert dominance.

Massive round of footy in the RDFL this week, make sure you all get along to support your respective clubs for the Breast Cancer fundraising that each club is doing (the Pink Footy's in the seniors will be interesting to watch)

Also, big congratulations to Diggers Rest, Melton Centrals and Romsey for planning big home day fundraisers for the charity.. The Pink Jumpers in the seniors will no doubt be a treat... :thumbsu:

Re: RDFL - Round 4

Woodend/Hesket Vs Lancefield
Big game for the Hawks, they are a much stronger outfit at home, but will need to be this week. If they take the Tigers lightly then they could end up on the receiving end of another loss like last week.
The 40 point loss to Centrals was a big let down for the Hawks who would have been confident of competing for that vital last spot in the finals race. The Tigers fought their hearts out against the Burra but in the end were just outclassed. They need a big effort to get over the Hawks away from home.
Result: Woodend/Hesket by 30 points
Sunday Headline: Hawks bounce back.

Broadford Vs Kilmore
The big news surrounding this game is the clearance of the Gordon Brothers to line up for Kilmore.. FINALLY!!! These two will have their chance to shine and after such a long wait, the Kilmore supporters will be counting down the hours. Add to that the return of Jacobs who missed last week and the Blues will be a vastly different side for this weeks match. Broadford were impressive last week IMO. Even though the scoreboard ended one sided, the young Broadford side moved the ball exceptionally well at times and will be a threat to any opponent in 2011. At home they will be looking to steal the celebration from the Blues and with all that has gone on this week they could slip under the guard.
Result: Kilmore by 28 points
Sunday Headline: Blues down determined Roos

Riddell Vs Rockbank
The Bombers are coming off their most impressive game of the season, giving the Blues a belting last week. With Brian Ruffell missing for a few weeks the avenue's to goal continue to reduce just a little, for the 3rd game running no one was willing to go anywhere near Haydn Ross, maybe the Rams might just have someone man him up this week.
The Rams are also coming off their best game of the season, although it was a loss. They may have just found the game style that suits them best and take it into this game, pushing numbers to the contest and leavng the forward 50 wide open to run back into. This is a big game for the Rams, they need to back up last weeks performance and prove they are a threat to the rest of the competition.
Result: Riddell by 40 points.
Sunday Headline: Allen the key to Bombers blitz.

Romsey Vs Wallan
Romsey win

Melton Centrals Vs Macedon
Centrals sent a bit of a message last week with a big win over Woodend/Hesket. But much like the Rams they need to back it up this week against the Cats. This game could be a challenging one on their home turf, especially if the Cats use the press, on a small ground, it could really cramp up their opponents.
The Cats have just been going along nicely, 3 wins and still flying ever so slightly under the radar. Al Meldrum would be quite content with how they are going and will have his charges pumped for another solid performance this week. This is a battle between two of the best coaches in the competition.
Result: Macedon by 30 points
Sunday Headline: Cats squeeze out another win.

Match of the Round
Diggers Rest Vs Sunbury Kangaroos
Who could go past the local rivalry as the match of the round. The rematch of last years Preliminary Final. The Burra are finding some form early in the season and were able to comfortably account for the Tigers last week. Shane Marchewka in particular impressive up forward with a big bag of goals. The matches between these two are always fantastic to watch and this will be no different. The Kangaroos will be looking to re-establish themselves as the kings of the comp this week after a mini scare last week against the Rams. The James-Caton match up will be a ripper, while the battle of the midfield looms as the key.
Result: Sunbury Kangaroos by 35 points
Sunday Headline: Roos reassert dominance.

Massive round of footy in the RDFL this week, make sure you all get along to support your respective clubs for the Breast Cancer fundraising that each club is doing (the Pink Footy's in the seniors will be interesting to watch)

Also, big congratulations to Diggers Rest, Melton Centrals and Romsey for planning big home day fundraisers for the charity.. The Pink Jumpers in the seniors will no doubt be a treat... :thumbsu:

I always look forward to your reviews but you seem to be doing more and more guesswork. You keep talking up the hawks as a top 6 chance, unfortunately they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. I am looking forward to watching them have big win tom tho. You also mentioned how Ross from riddell had no oppoenent for 3 weeks in row. I saw the macedon game and he was played very tight and had very few touches. and what is with your love for centrals coach, has his team ever won more than 6 games in a year?

Final Scores -

Riddell - 15. 12. 102 Def' Rockbank - 8. 8. 56
Romsey - 19. 28. 142 Def' Wallan - 10. 6. 66
Macedon - 18. 9. 117 Def' Meltonj - 4. 9. 33
Diggers by 52 points over Sunbury.
Kilmore by 9 points over Broadford &
Woodend by 60 over Lancefield.

Final Scores -

Riddell - 15. 12. 102 Def' Rockbank - 8. 8. 56
Romsey - 19. 28. 142 Def' Wallan - 10. 6. 66
Macedon - 18. 9. 117 Def' Meltonj - 4. 9. 33
Diggers by 52 points over Sunbury.
Kilmore by 9 points over Broadford &
Woodend by 60 over Lancefield.
kilmore by 51 over broadford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it actually happened that James hit someone and got rubbed out, that would get him de-registered wouldn't it? As he only has a week up his sleeve I think.

He's already been de-registered...and I believe the rule is something like if you get suspended once again, that's it forever in every league...completely de-registered.

I hope it's all bigfooty beat-up...Jamsey has been great since he came back to the RDFL.

He's already been de-registered...and I believe the rule is something like if you get suspended once again, that's it forever in every league...completely de-registered.

I hope it's all bigfooty beat-up...Jamsey has been great since he came back to the RDFL.

Well if he is lost to the RDFL maybe an SOS will go out to Grub. Just the lazy 10 goals last week. :thumbsu:

Only caught the last half of the Kangas game. I love the kangas always have and always will. They didn't fire a shot in the 2nd half. I also love what King James brings to the rdfl. My 2 questions are ( and not bein a smartarse) Why drag a player with a volotile history/ personality to get closer to the crowd when your down by 5 + goals and the game is gone? (unless he was injured) Also, mongrel should never have gone back on. I really do hope he is ok!
This is the preimership team...... They just need to look inside themselves. Remember boys.... A champion team will always beat a team of champions.....

Only caught the last half of the Kangas game. I love the kangas always have and always will. They didn't fire a shot in the 2nd half. I also love what King James brings to the rdfl. My 2 questions are ( and not bein a smartarse) Why drag a player with a volotile history/ personality to get closer to the crowd when your down by 5 + goals and the game is gone? (unless he was injured) Also, mongrel should never have gone back on. I really do hope he is ok!
This is the preimership team...... They just need to look inside themselves. Remember boys.... A champion team will always beat a team of champions.....

I know Mongrel said he wont be on here anymore, but if he happens to sneak a peak here's hoping the injury isn't a season ender and he can get back on the park as we near the finals :thumbsu:

Hard to work out what exactly happened and I am sure that the league investigation will clear it all up... Especially hard when you get conflicting reports, some close to the mark and some horribly off (thanks Blues12).

Apparently there was an incident to the crowd, according to one of the Diggers guys I spoke to, it was more a scuffle than anyone getting hit, but still disappointing that it has to come to that more than anything..

Most disappointing thing out of the game is the injury to Mongrel, looks as though it could be a career ender which is horrible news for him, so I am sure everyone on here sends him all the best and hopefully the injury isn't as bad as suspected.

Re: RDFL - Round 4

I always look forward to your reviews but you seem to be doing more and more guesswork. You keep talking up the hawks as a top 6 chance, unfortunately they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. I am looking forward to watching them have big win tom tho. You also mentioned how Ross from riddell had no oppoenent for 3 weeks in row. I saw the macedon game and he was played very tight and had very few touches. and what is with your love for centrals coach, has his team ever won more than 6 games in a year?

Thanks for the input.. Now let me respond..

I wrote this weeks review in about 8 minutes when I realised I hadn't done one this week and I copped about 20 messages in 10 mins asking why I hadn't done one yet, so it was rushed.. In 3 of the 4 games this season, Haydn Ross has dominated the contest, he is a floating half forward that has a bag of 5 and 6 goals next to his name after 4 weeks, ok, next week I will make sure I write how your beloved Macedon were so awesome that they were able to shut him down... :rolleyes:
On to Woodend/Hesket, this year, in my opinion only, the top 5 spots are set, outside of these five, there are another 5 sides that are capable of filling the sixth spot, if the Hawks are not chasing sixth, then they are wasting their time this season. Wallan, Rockbank, Woodend/Hesket, Melton Central and now Kilmore all have the opportunity to fill that final spot in the top 6, depending mainly on how they go against each other, I am not suggesting that the Hawks will be that side, only that the window of opportunity is there, especially given that they are a far superior side on their home deck.
Now. Mark Greenshields. Have you ever listened to Mark speak? He has gotten much more out of the cattle he has on the park than anyone else could have, it's all about the cattle available to you, while some of the top sides in the competition, MACEDON INCLUDED, have had the financial stability to recruit some very good players into their sides over the past 4 years, Centrals haven't had the same luxury, they have had to depend on the guys that are committed to building a competitive side without any guns, Mark has been able to bring out the best in some young guys who wouldn't have a second look anywhere else (refer Jono O'Brien) and turn them into a side that many sides in the RDFL hate having to face, due to the danger that Centrals are always capable of pinching a game, from effort and work rate alone, this is why I rate Mark Greenshields.

Hope this clears up my guess work for ya.... :thumbsu:

If it actually happened that James hit someone and got rubbed out, that would get him de-registered wouldn't it? As he only has a week up his sleeve I think.

Yes, he has already reached the 16 weeks and been reinstated once.

Correct, you only get one appeal where you would generally get another chance, once that has been used up you are unable to appeal again.

I thought he got banned from the RDFL for life in 2006???

No.. He copped a 15 week suspension, but wasn't banned from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back