RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round up - Round 3

Round 3

Talking Points.
  • Have Rockbank turned the corner after a disappointing loss to Wallan last week? They pushed the flag favorites right to the line and only just fell short. Most in the competition don't give the Rams enough credit and there will be more sides than just the Kangaroos that get a fright in 2011 if they take the Rams lightly.
  • With so many sides putting themselves in the mix for a finals finish, can a side afford to be punished the way that Woodend/Hesket were on the weekend? Can they afford to drop a game like that, especially by 40 points? Centrals now put their hand up for that finals spot as well.
  • Riddell, with several key players missing, demolished the Blues. Have they done enough to prove to everyone that they are still the best in the competition?
  • The Burra just keep doing what is required, a solid win over the Tigers, they are flying under the radar again.. How good can they be in 2011.
  • The Kangaroos, while everyone is surprised with the outcome, the end result is still a win for the Kangas, early days, that is all that matters. While the margin was surprising, was it enough for people to suggest that the Roos are not the flag favorites?
Performance Ladder - Round 3
Riddell
Romsey
Melton Centrals
Macedon
Diggers Rest
Sunbury Kangaroos
Rockbank
Wallan
Lancefield
Broadford
Woodend/Hesket
Kilmore

loody spewing Mongrel I wouldn't have minded a run-down from yesty, perhaps you're right hand man go gazza can post or is it an entire big footy ban at your club?

Offer might in crease now to get him across, or was yesty a little hiccup?
He didnt play Saturday and wasnt even there to watch the boys. Maybe it could be true.

i think its great to see Rockbank give it up to Sunbury, at the end off the day the roos won.
a great win by macedon just shows wallan are prob mid field of the pack, still have started the season off really well.
Romesy from what i hear are a super out fit, cant wait till they play a top team in Sunbury, Riddell ect.
Kilmore have no idea whats going on down there they have just kicked 71 points in 3 games
And last for all Broadford look a much better our fit this season keep up the great work.

i think its great to see Rockbank give it up to Sunbury, at the end off the day the roos won.
a great win by macedon just shows wallan are prob mid field of the pack, still have started the season off really well.
Romesy from what i hear are a super out fit, cant wait till they play a top team in Sunbury, Riddell ect.
Kilmore have no idea whats going on down there they have just kicked 71 points in 3 games
And last for all Broadford look a much better our fit this season keep up the great work.

Kilmore lost there score in round 1 against us so it is actually more then 71 in 3 games, it would be bout 140 if they kept there score.

Kilmore lost there score in round 1 against us so it is actually more then 71 in 3 games, it would be bout 140 if they kept there score.

Hadn't heard that.. What happened there?

Hadn't heard that.. What happened there?

Apparently a fella who played in round 1 had his rego number written down wrong on the team sheet . . . . load of $hit if you ask me, especially when the clubs are paying a bloke (or two) full time wage to run the comp. You'd reckon they'd assist volunteer's/team manager's etc in the opening rounds :thumbsdown:

Great for the comp that the lower sides can be competive. Diggers will jump ahead of Wallan shortly and make the top five pretty set (order no doubt may change) but for me the real interest will be in the race for 6th position.

Great for the comp that the lower sides can be competive. Diggers will jump ahead of Wallan shortly and make the top five pretty set (order no doubt may change) but for me the real interest will be in the race for 6th position.

Agreed.. Looks as though outside of the race for the top 4, the race for 6th is going to be a ripper!!! :thumbsu:

are kilmore really that bad, espesially after all the hype on here about just how great they were going to be going into the start of the season ?

Unfortunately (for Kilmore) I think all the hype was well and truly over the top. But then again maybe the same can be said of the Kangaroos, after saturdays result ! To me Kilmore look unfit, overweight (in the main) & slow, moreover they looked like a side lacking direction & purpose, without a real game plan. One can only hope for the competitions sake that they can get their act together & start playing some decent footy as the season progresses.

Unfortunately (for Kilmore) I think all the hype was well and truly over the top. But then again maybe the same can be said of the Kangaroos, after saturdays result ! To me Kilmore look unfit, overweight (in the main) & slow, moreover they looked like a side lacking direction & purpose, without a real game plan. One can only hope for the competitions sake that they can get their act together & start playing some decent footy as the season progresses.

Yeah it shows what happens when you don't do a pre season, they couldn't get no locals to training it was just the melb bass players that trained.

Heard a rumour this morning on SEN that Ben Cousins will be making an appearance for Wallan. Anyone else heard anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour this morning on SEN that Ben Cousins will be making an appearance for Wallan. Anyone else heard anything?
It was an interview with Romsey president saying they are very hopeful 50/50 that Ben will play one game (against Wallan) to support the Pink Breast Cancer fundraising day. No guarantees though.
Not so good for Wallan if it happens but fabulous for the League:):):)

Snuck into enemy territory tonight and I coulda sworn the Blues asst/coach Rysa was in the middle doing some contesting work . . . . after seeing how successful Mongrel's return to footy has been could the Blues games record holder perhaps be a surprise inclusion for the big clash against Broadford????

Snuck into enemy territory tonight and I coulda sworn the Blues asst/coach Rysa was in the middle doing some contesting work . . . . after seeing how successful Mongrel's return to footy has been could the Blues games record holder perhaps be a surprise inclusion for the big clash against Broadford????

That would be a good match...might head down. Can you get Webby to org 2 x President lunch passes!

What were the numbers like at training mate, and who do you think will win on saturday. Are Kilmore playing there full squad or have they had a few missing.

That would be a good match...might head down. Can you get Webby to org 2 x President lunch passes!

What were the numbers like at training mate, and who do you think will win on saturday. Are Kilmore playing there full squad or have they had a few missing.

Sadly Rysa has text me today to say he wont be lining up :( so unsure if I'll get there AFL but just hover out the front of the social club and you'll be right.

tiwis numbers seemed ok - prediction Im not sure. I do remember a winless Broadford totally playing all over a confident Kilmore 2 years back :D that'd be nice to see again but I just think she'll be a real close one after 4 lopsided games (B'ford 2 Kilmore 2) since we re-joined your comp.

Sadly Rysa has text me today to say he wont be lining up :( so unsure if I'll get there AFL but just hover out the front of the social club and you'll be right.

tiwis numbers seemed ok - prediction Im not sure. I do remember a winless Broadford totally playing all over a confident Kilmore 2 years back :D that'd be nice to see again but I just think she'll be a real close one after 4 lopsided games (B'ford 2 Kilmore 2) since we re-joined your comp.
look forward to hearing the wash-up Doona!
How many games has Rysa played doona?

rumour has it that the Gordon brothers will be pulling on the boots for Kilmore this week (finally!)
Will be very handy inclusions if this is true! :thumbsu:

I can't believe that this topic hasn't exploded on here. Rumour has it that Pedo has taken on old made Ben Cousins to play against his old club Wallan. Bit far fetched I think but does anyone else agree that Pedo has gone too far? Agree it would be good for the league RE crowd figures but Bit far fetched??

I can't believe that this topic hasn't exploded on here. Rumour has it that Pedo has taken on old made Ben Cousins to play against his old club Wallan. Bit far fetched I think but does anyone else agree that Pedo has gone too far? Agree it would be good for the league RE crowd figures but Bit far fetched??

In what way would any side getting an ex AFL player into the side be "going to far"???

The entire post is a contridiction.. First you say getting a player like Cuz in is "going to far" then you say it is far fetched?? No idea what you are trying to say. :confused:

But the reason it hasn't exploded is because it isn't the case... The rumour died 2 days ago in the Whittlesea leader article written by Sam Landsberger...

Might be to play a defensive role on here here ;)

rumour has it that the Gordon brothers will be pulling on the boots for Kilmore this week (finally!)
Will be very handy inclusions if this is true! :thumbsu:

Would be a real positive for the Kilmore footy club if this is the case.. For the players and the club it would be great if this has been sorted and they can all move on... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back