FB: Kolodjashnij De Koning Stewart
HB: Zuthrie JHenry Humphries
C: Dempsey Blicavs Bowes
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: OHenry Hawkins Stengle
FOLL: Conway Holmes Cuthrie
INT: Bruhn Atkins Mullin Duncan
SUB: Rohan

Holmes and Mullin replace Parfitt and Clark in the midfield rotations. This automatically gives us more speed and physicality through that part of the ground. Our on-ball group becomes Holmes, Cuthrie, Bruhn, Bowes, Atkins, Mullin and Blicavs (when he's not rucking). Humphries can play off a HBF and rotate with Duncan.

Rohan doesn't deserve to be dropped. He hasn't lost he speed at all and is still performing his usual "flash in and out of the game but apply manic pressure and bob up with a useful goal or two" role. I also think his competitiveness in the air helps us.

I'm not allowed to talk about one of those blokes.
Tuohy was just rested, they'll play him.

Tuohy wont be rested he will be omitted (based on being a late in initially).

i dont follow much of other teams in and out, if anyone here do can you let me know do they do so many "manage" as us??

i understand the "manage" for dangerfiled, hawkins, duncan, etc

but guys like parffait, oconnor, kolodashni, etc should play week in weekout if their form warrants it. they are at their peak and players can lose conintuailty if they play 3 weeks in a row and then just miss a week cause they need to be managed.

Suns managed like 4 last week but conditions had a bit to do with that in darwin.

What was wrong with Parfitt's game?
I didn’t have him coming out in my “4 certain ins”. Indeed I have Guthrie coming out as part of that. I was spitballing that if they wanted to then bring in Hardie (which I don’t think they would) it would likely be for Parfait (like for like)….although it could also be for Clark of course.

I don’t necessarily think Parfait had a bad game (certainly not any worse than anyone else)…but I do suspect the MC needs to shake up our MF given the evidence over last month or so…To put some different “types” in the rotation. A Holmes and/or Miers?

To do that you would need to take out 1-2 of Bruhn, Parf, Guthrie, Clark, Blitz and I would guess Parf and Clark are the bottom at that pecking order (even though if it was me I would see how Guth goes in the VFL!)

Just a view. None of it may happen. I actually think they will stick to only 4 changes personally

After everything that's happened we end the round in 3rd spot. It's shaping up to be another one of those years that whoever falls over themselves the least will be looking good. Just need a win here to steady the ship.
Yep, simply have to steady the ship now.

We've been very lucky to not be punished for our form, as long as we can string a few together the rest will take care of itself. Sides are falling over themselves every week.

It would appear that Art's 'disagree' spamming has spread like the plague.

It was as rare as hens teeth on this board, and now it's every third post!!

Tuohy wont be rested he will be omitted (based on being a late in initially).

I would like them to do that as I think we can’t afford Hawkins, Duncan, Guthrie, 2E, Rohan all in from a team defence (running back and filling the spots). And Rohan and Guthrie will prob get more time to show whether back to peak…2E is at bottom of the pecking for those players.

But I can’t see them doing it yet. It would be close to a death knell to have him miss 3rd time before half way?

There was 1 disagree in this thread up to this post. Odd comment.

Regardless, keeps the board honest. Say something disagreeable and it could happen.

There was 1 disagree in this thread up to this post. Odd comment.

Regardless, keeps the board honest. Say something disagreeable and it could happen.
It's still not nice, and I'm wondering if there's any way to charge you for my first ever therapy session. ;)

Seriously though, chatting is better, and works outside of a few who do seem a little prone to meltdowns.

I imagine a strong performance and win against GWS would soothe just a bit of the angst around here lately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to see Chris Scott make a point and drop both Cam Guthrie and Jack Henry.... or even 1 of them. Just to put a bit of scare in all of the boys to say every player is on notice..
Or the concrete truck FoxDog, to really put the fright into them. When 'does' the next redevelopment stage begin.
:smirkcat: :smirkcat: :smirkcat:

It's still not nice, and I'm wondering if there's any way to charge you for my first ever therapy session. ;)

Seriously though, chatting is better, and works outside of a few who do seem a little prone to meltdowns.

I imagine a strong performance and win against GWS would soothe just a bit of the angst around here lately.
Reduces back and forth disagreements clogging up space. In any case handed out 22 on this board this season.

Predominantly on a couple of topics, those who still refuse to believe our mids our out of step with the rest of the league that rack up touches at will. Those that think Parfitt hasn't been poor and writing off a couple of select veterans. Namely Duncan and Guthrie.

So IMV largely disagreeable POV.

Reduces back and forth disagreements clogging up space. In any case handed out 22 on this board this season.

Predominantly on a couple of topics, those who still refuse to believe our mids our out of step with the rest of the league that rack up touches at will. Those that think Parfitt hasn't been poor and writing off a couple of select veterans. Namely Duncan and Guthrie.

It's kind of alarming that you run the stats on your own dislikes. :p

I enjoy chatting, even if in stubborn disagreement, but don't think of it any more serious than that (a hit list of posters to "dislike", tag and slather with "gotchas"). Fair enough, you prefer the "go to war" approach on your three talking points persistently. I doff my cap at that sort of commitment; it just ain't for me.

Onto the game and our midfield: Bruhn cannot play that badly again; his early season form was heading in the right direction. Holmes should get a full game in midfield. Bowes too, even if he was rusty in his first game back. I'd like to see these 3 be our primary on ballers for the GWS game. They can't be written off for a poor game, in the case of Bruhn and Bowes.

I suspect we are not past Guthrie, Blicavs, Parfitt and Atkins getting heavy midfield involvement though. So get ready to complain about a dysfunctional midfield again. And these players have had big midfield minutes for the last 3 weeks or more. I'd see them as running out of chances first, but the MC probably disagrees with me.

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

Full on conservative Kitty this week.

Many are all about: 'Steadying the ship'', to me it means wins + finals. Because finals are the best experience for younger players. While I'd love to win the flag, just don't see it for us this year. But finals are vital to develop the young guys.

Obviously, Hawkins will play to beat the record.
Duncan to return, not only for his mate's game, but to add leadership to MF. While he's not living up to some posters' expectations, he does some fine work.
Cameron, hoping no concussion hangover, as Stewart seems to be experiencing.
Blitz has worn too many hats lately, put him in the MF, with some ruck work.
Conway to remain.
Neale rested, to play next week.
Manage Cuthrie.
Mullin + Clark play.

Pick holes, as it's 3:47am + struggling without sleep. There might be a few spots I missed, for Mannagh + ???

Main determination is to have a cohesive team. GWS will turn up + want the win.

Next week, Richmond, is the game to bring in VFL stars.

We're in a time of transition, older players are tired, VFL players are smashing at the door to play.

Am very keen to discover how Boris332's graphs for MF experiment with different combinations works out.

I actually just can't pick a 23.

It's hard
Lots of hard questions.

1. Ruck situation. I suspect that Stanley will come back in for Conway but who knows. Personally I think the club has a cautious plan for not exposing Conway too much right now and that involves an AFL game every 3 or 4 weeks. In the meantime, Stanley bears some of the load. I expect him to come back in with a bit of a point to prove this week.

2. Midfield. This is where things are up in the air. There's hardly anyone that's cemented a spot at the moment. And yet you also have a guy like Hardie who's demanding selection at a time when we have injuries and plenty who are down on form. You'd want Blicavs and Cam Guthrie in to return to something near their best but what's the best avenue toward that? Parfitt and Atkins are kinda just doing enough to hold their spots. Not sure Bruhn is 100%? And does that mean we try to steal Holmes from the backline to play that role particularly with Danger still out? Or could Hardie come in and do a job? Is Clark playing VFL a sign he's going to have a spell at that level over coming weeks? Or does it indicate the intent to keep his match fitness up for a full game at AFL? As much as I'd like to see Hardie come in, somehow I don't think we'll see wholesale changes.

3. Defence. You would think that SDK will come back in and I wonder if we will see J Henry or Kolo managed? The mix hasn't been quite right this year. I like Mullin back there. Let's see what he can do with a job on Toby Greene perhaps. What better way to learn? We simply can't afford to load up the back 6 each week with talls, intercepters and playmakers without making sure there are players also accountable for the ground level threats and the dangerous small forwards.

4. Speaking of forwards. The biggest question mark for me is still over big Hawk. He and the club need to do whatever it takes to have him in good enough shape to impact this season in a meaningful way. If that means missing a bunch of games around this time of year, I'm all for it. I'm just not convinced that that is the answer though. If it's not, a hard call needs to be made. There's a question mark next to Cameron too this week so Neale should be have an opportunity to retain his spot and build some form at this level. I actually didn't mind the look of Neale - Henry - Rohan as the marking options. Let's see how it goes in a game where our midfield works a bit harder to provide some opportunities.

So:
Ins: Stanley, Duncan, SDK
Outs: Conway, Clark, J Henry

IN: Hawkins, Cameron, Duncan, SDK, Humphries
OUT: Neale, Parfitt, Clark, Tuohy, MOC

FB: Kolodjashnij De Koning Stewart
HB: Zuthrie JHenry Humphries
C: Dempsey Blicavs Bowes
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: OHenry Hawkins Stengle
FOLL: Conway Holmes Cuthrie
INT: Bruhn Atkins Mullin Duncan
SUB: Rohan

Holmes and Mullin replace Parfitt and Clark in the midfield rotations. This automatically gives us more speed and physicality through that part of the ground. Our on-ball group becomes Holmes, Cuthrie, Bruhn, Bowes, Atkins, Mullin and Blicavs (when he's not rucking). Humphries can play off a HBF and rotate with Duncan.

Rohan doesn't deserve to be dropped. He hasn't lost he speed at all and is still performing his usual "flash in and out of the game but apply manic pressure and bob up with a useful goal or two" role. I also think his competitiveness in the air helps us.
Rohan as sub a good idea. Can play numerous roles.

No argument that our mf has been comprehensively beaten...... it'll be interesting to see how Scott and the MC address it, because we really need to stop the rot.

They've found one piece of the puzzle with Conway (game fitness aside) and need to build around him.

Selections this week will be interesting as to how they begin doing it, and who with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back