AFLW Preview Geelong V Collingwood Sat 2nd Feb 6:45pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were missing McWilliams who is a huge presence up forward. I think we lack general speed more than anything but there's some hard nuts in that side that go harder at the ball than Cam Guthrie.
Fair enough just going by what I have seen Cocky ...
For mine we are fast enough if we were cleaner. Once can see how we try to get it over to an outside player..perhaps trying to use the ground size of KP..which just dont have much in the way of a reliable scorer. One girl made position and got the pass 20/30 or so out... and then missed everything on the setshot.
All good. No one could question their effort its only a lack of efficient ball movement that prevents more score.

Hickey, Cranston, Hoare, Rankin to come back into the side:eek:

Rankin played today - she was a late in for Phoebe McWilliams

So you can add McWilliams as someone to come into the side

Rankin played today - she was a late in for Phoebe McWilliams

So you can add McWilliams as someone to come into the side
Yep should have McWilliams and not Rankin, McWilliams will add some more scoring power to the side and take the defensive focus off of Boyd

Thanks again Boxhead, really appreciate all your help + patience tonight.

Wow Morrison is an achiever! Was Captain of Geelong Grammar + scored 99.75 in HSC, not sure what the Vic equivalent is, but she's a winner!

EDIT: Nina was also Dux of Geelong Grammar!

In the NAB AFL Women's Draft Combine, Morrison set a new record of 18.2 in the Yo-Yo endurance test, smashing Bridie Kennedy's 2017 Combine record of 17.3.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked on the K-Rock broadcast from the rooms just before they sung the song, someone from the team said: "If you want your picture taken, just stand next to Nina."

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

We were missing McWilliams who is a huge presence up forward. I think we lack general speed more than anything but there's some hard nuts in that side that go harder at the ball than Cam Guthrie.

:joycat::joycat::joycat:

As I said earlier:
I reckon the Guthrie Boyz should train with the Girlz lol

:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Got there late and had to leave early but I thought it was great.
Don't like going to KP TBH but it was great it was free and if you were early enough you could sit anywhere.
Cool cheap thing to have for Cats fans in the offseason.
Thought our fullback (dark black, sort of frizzy hair) is our best player. Was easily the best kick out there and take a good mark.

Meant to say, I was really looking forward to seeing Phoebe Williams play, really disappointed she was injured.

Well that was enjoyable, I watched plenty of games season 1 as the other half a crows fan we watched their games, didn't really care last year.
Have to say it's a noticeable improvement in the game with the rule changes and just the general improvement of skills over the couple of years.

I think there is a clear difference in the skill from the girls who have gotten to come through from juniors as they are much more adept with the ball and in traffic, Morrison looks a jet. Assuming you can bet on the rising star I think load up!!

there are two other players, Prespakis for Carlton and Tyla Hanks, who I think went to Melbourne, who are right up there with our Nina. Prespakis in particular is a flat-out gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back