Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

How many weeks do you think Hall v Staker is now?

If Parker's is 6

i really believe that could get half, even a full season ... not just for the obvious brutality of it, but for the sheer fckng dumbness a player would be exhibiting belting someone that way these days
you must punish the stupidity as well, in that context

Last edited:
Apparently* our membership may reach mid 70s and we easily the largest and best supported Club in Oz.

We reportedly had to turn away a thousand or so fans from our last home game. Thousands more may have stayed home believing they could not get in. The SCG is charming and has a great history but it is too small, does not provide great viewer experience and is failing to meet the challenges of climate change. There are limits on improving the joint.

The city lacks a signature large capacity building for concerts that includes immersive and other technologies.

U2 just completed a 40 show program at the Las Vegas sphere… see below for a brief description of the building and tech.

The Las Vegas Sphere

Sydney Racing and cricket are also stuffed from rain caused meeting cancellations and days lost. Build the new stadium as a public, Pte and sporting code joint venture.

Not a sphere shaped design but one that is beautiful, fit for playing and watching sport replete with all tech enhancements would be as iconic as the Opera House.

Apparently* our membership may reach mid 70s and we easily the largest and best supported Club in Oz.

We reportedly had to turn away a thousand or so fans from our last home game. Thousands more may have stayed home believing they could not get in. The SCG is charming and has a great history but it is too small, does not provide great viewer experience and is failing to meet the challenges of climate change. There are limits on improving the joint.

The city lacks a signature large capacity building for concerts that includes immersive and other technologies.

U2 just completed a 40 show program at the Las Vegas sphere… see below for a brief description of the building and tech.

The Las Vegas Sphere

Sydney Racing and cricket are also stuffed from rain caused meeting cancellations and days lost. Build the new stadium as a public, Pte and sporting code joint venture.

Not a sphere shaped design but one that is beautiful, fit for playing and watching sport replete with all tech enhancements would be as iconic as the Opera House.
This is just rubbish!

Accor Stadium (previously ANZ Stadium) holds 80,000, we played there for years... it was the pits!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just rubbish!

Accor Stadium (previously ANZ Stadium) holds 80,000, we played there for years... it was the pits!!!
Nice to see you open minded. Despite it being a mausoleum with a poor surface it could fit in larger crowds. Tell me how the SCG can cater for increased demand. It cannot even cater for drop in pitches.

Do you reckon the SCG will still be used in 20 years, 40 years?

Nice to see you open minded. Despite it being a mausoleum with a poor surface it could fit in larger crowds. Tell me how the SCG can cater for increased demand. It cannot even cater for drop in pitches.

It's not just the surface, had no atmosphere. I went there three times and hated it. Plus, they ran out of pies at 3/4 time and only sold Tooheys! Disgusting

Yep, pretty much guarantee it.
Also, in my opinion, the view from most parts of the ground are on par with the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back