Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Suck s**t Saints. Love seeing them lose. Though I also hate the Dogs and would like to see their spiral continue.
Eh. We know the dogs are shizen, so if anyone other than us should belt the Aints it should be them. Delicious.

As an aside, have they declined just as Henry went out? Coincidence?

It does give me A LOT of schadenfreude to see the Saints get smacked like this on their home deck. Thinking of that smug prick SOS on the Henry trade (and the Henry bid actually) being a part of this list that’s now consistently refusing to turn up. Delicious.

They've got a few injuries but I tell you what, the Saints could end up giving us that mid 20s pick for Henry, even if it blows out on draft night.
Basically, there is two spots in the 8 up for grabs out of this lot and if we win our next 3, it should need us to fall off a cliff not to be one of them

IMG_0867.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, there is two spots in the 8 up for grabs out of this lot and if we win our next 3, it should need us to fall off a cliff not to be one of them

View attachment 1963484
Bulldogs will be on a high and wont be easy. Freo now knows how important this weekend is, regardless of it being a derby.

Is there a logical reason (other than them not having Henry) for Saints playing so badly tonight?

Bulldogs will be on a high and wont be easy. Freo now knows how important this weekend is, regardless of it being a derby.

Is there a logical reason (other than them not having Henry) for Saints playing so badly tonight?
5 day break could be part of it. They were incredibly flat. One of the lowest effort performances of the season.

140 marks is insane.

Are you all cheering for Port or Pies this week?

I think I am so risk averse that I'd rather take the higher probability of Pies finishing outside the 8 than taking a chance on them winning to drop Port down. 2-4 is a long way back.

Go Port I think.
I’m just hoping that one of our legendary posters who’s also a Simpson fan can make us a “monkey knife fight” meme featuring Port and the Pies (with Freo cheering on) in time for Saturday.

This saints second rounder could be useful if they finish bottom 6.
I really hadn’t considered it very much but something in the top 25 would be very nice indeed and help preserve one of the other R1 picks in any trade negotiations

I really hadn’t considered it very much but something in the top 25 would be very nice indeed and help preserve one of the other R1 picks in any trade negotiations
Could be worth more this year than last year if the AwFL do change the points system as they’ve flagged as a possible outcome of the review, making later picks worth less would make it more attractive to teams with academy/ FS prospects in the first round, it could be bundled with our late 1st rounder to move up the order.

Could be worth more this year than last year if the AwFL do change the points system as they’ve flagged as a possible outcome of the review, making later picks worth less would make it more attractive to teams with academy/ FS prospects in the first round, it could be bundled with our late 1st rounder to move up the order.
Should be a nice few chances to get up further with any of our firsts. Hopefully Hawks get Smith and want to break up their 1st, Brisbane with Ashcroft, possibly Gold Coast and Adelaide as well. Such a fun offseason once we get through the slog that is September

We also have the Saints fourth rounder as part of the Henry trade.(they have our 4th rounder as part of the Henry trade too) I could see us trading the two Saints picks to a team requiring points for a pick around 20 in live bidding if the Saints finish in the bottom 6 or 7.

We also have the Saints fourth rounder as part of the Henry trade.(they have our 4th rounder as part of the Henry trade too) I could see us trading the two Saints picks to a team requiring points for a pick around 20 in live bidding if the Saints finish in the bottom 6 or 7.
Pretty sure they ontraded our 4th, the other club wanted ours instead of the saints!

Should be a nice few chances to get up further with any of our firsts. Hopefully Hawks get Smith and want to break up their 1st, Brisbane with Ashcroft, possibly Gold Coast and Adelaide as well. Such a fun offseason once we get through the slog that is September
I could see us doing a similar trade to this one if we rate the top 5 picks highly. A lot can change between now and the draft in terms of player positioning. There are a couple of the highest rated mids that could likely start their careers as small forwards or outside wingers.
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1449524/bulldogs-acquire-pick-4. Herbert, Gross and Moraes are three players that I think we could use to address our small forward needs in the immediate future.

We could also use a combination of the Saints second and the later picks acquired in a trade like that to trade up to either Carlton's or brisbane's first rounder with that pick being used to get Baker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back