Opinion Politically Correct Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Musk's point that the Australian Government shouldn't have a say in what a foreign company does with foreign property in another foreign country?

In that the footage that the Aus Gov want removed is still available in other countries, and what business is it of Australia to have it removed from their countries.

I get that this particular footage is not one to garner much sympathies, but what if it were something more delicate, like a local Government killing citizens? Where do you draw the line and who draws that line?

Isn't Musk's point that the Australian Government shouldn't have a say in what a foreign company does with foreign property in another foreign country?

In that the footage that the Aus Gov want removed is still available in other countries, and what business is it of Australia to have it removed from their countries.

I get that this particular footage is not one to garner much sympathies, but what if it were something more delicate, like a local Government killing citizens? Where do you draw the line and who draws that line?
Keep the facts quiet. You may get accused of being a cooker.

It just dawned on me that quite a few people who are defending the video being left on X accessible to everyone, are the same people who got their knickers in a knot over drag queens reading books at libraries.

It is very interesting to see what people choose to censor.

Stabbing of man - okay.
Man in a dress - bad.

Pretty sure media of crimes being made unavailable during the legal process for the crime, is nothing new.

That video is a Trojan Horse, I could care less if it’s taken down, the issue is what’s contained in the ”misinformation” bill, & the powers it bestows upon the government and the “eSafety” commissioner.

That video is a Trojan Horse, I could care less if it’s taken down, the issue is what’s contained in the ”misinformation” bill, & the powers it bestows upon the government and the “eSafety” commissioner.
People like you literally gave the Govt social licence to do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary, it's people like you who encourage them.
No. Im happy to call you a bigot.

There is 0 danger to a child being read a book by a drag queen, especially when their parents are there.

So when they hear old bigot like you tell the world there is, they get sick of it. When you wont stop despite it being pointed out how wrong you are, they rely on the Govt to protect them from your hatred.

As I said, im old fashioned, im happy to call you a bigot and im happy to call our board racists, racists and our cookers, cookers.

But other people arent as happy or comfortable to do that. They'd rather the Govt just make you stop.

If they can't control the narrative and silence dissenters, they hate it and it causes them to mentally break
It was a Coalition Bill, now being updated by Labor.

It's literally Bipartisan.

But at the end of the day, on reading, it is actually aimed protecting at people like you.

It was a Coalition Bill, now being updated by Labor.

It's literally Bipartisan.

But at the end of the day, on reading, it is actually aimed protecting at people like you.
Nah, i am referring to X not being under the lefts control anymore and people like you hate it because you don't get to silence dissenters of the preferred narrative.

That we have a government here singling out X for what is allowed and remaining silent on all other big tech forums that sprout disinformation just goes to show that its got nothing to do with disinformation and all about control of narrative

Nah, i am referring to X not being under the lefts control anymore and people like you hate it because you don't get to silence dissenters of the preferred narrative.

That we have a government here singling out X for what is allowed and remaining silent on all other big tech forums that sprout disinformation just goes to show that its got nothing to do with disinformation and all about control of narrative
Our Govt has had fights with Meta as well.

But this is the point with disinformation, you've read that somewhere, probably X , haven't put any thought into it and regurgitated it here.

That's why the Govt has decided to pass bill.

id much prefer us to have people capable of seeing through misinformation, but clearly the community sees otherwise.

Absolutely true.

Yet another wonderful exercise in self immolation from the Coalition and its useless former PM.

That’s not a point in its favour. Should be cause for even more concern.
It is in the context of 'the left controlling the narrative'

Most people would be questioing the bill, even the Human Rights commission is,

But you've spent 4 years spreading lies about COVID and vaccines, so I don't have a great deal of sympathy for you, people like you are after all the reason Govts get away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back