Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plague I think you have a very biased opinion , also please don't come on here trying to muster support for a NW v SE feud !

My comments prior to the team taken the wrong way so I withdraw them! For a bit of fun (and to promote something other than the usual recruitment rumours this time of year) I am actually more interested in other's opinions on a SE team of the year which effectively, mine is (from my view anyway). Didn't realise blokes in the NW were so touchy - ouch.

There's a bit of banter on the North West Thread about the selection of the interleague squad for next year. I tip that it might turn into a bit of a stink if the "best" team does not include many NW players. Then again if politics come into play they'll (the selectors) try and even the spread a bit. I took a stab (albeit slightly biased you could say) at what is my 2011 SE Team. I put it on the NW thread and apart from the league medallist Gorman I questioned who else from NW would force their way into this team?

Anyway, anyone got a better SE team than this one???

B. Wolfe (R) Gillespie (SE) O'Reilly (Kats)
HB. Gilmour (W) Mangan (R) Woods (R)
C. Frappell (SE) Doyle (T) Morrison (SE)
HF. Dodd (T) Cowan (W) McCabe (R)
F. Payne (T) Strawhorn (R) H Best (SE)
Foll. Osborne (SE) Lewis (R) Kitto (DU)
Int. O’Callaghan (R) Bigg (Katy) Ednie (R)
Coach. Ramsdale (R)

A few in this team wont even be in the comp next year as they have moved on by all reports!! I know you are a rennie boy plague so very suprised D.Bigger wouldnt be in there...? Not sure about Lewis either!!:eek:

Went out to the eagles nest yesterday and wow, im sure the boys out there will do everything the make sure the coach doesnt send them on laps. does anyone out there know if the goals will stay the same or be pushed back.

And just my little comment regarding NW V.s SE if you have a split league you will always a rift. I would love to see a Bye round once a year and make a day off it 4ths 3rds and 1st playing a interleague game. I would pay my gate entry to see that.

Went out to the eagles nest yesterday and wow, im sure the boys out there will do everything the make sure the coach doesnt send them on laps. does anyone out there know if the goals will stay the same or be pushed back.

And just my little comment regarding NW V.s SE if you have a split league you will always a rift. I would love to see a Bye round once a year and make a day off it 4ths 3rds and 1st playing a interleague game. I would pay my gate entry to see that.
Think you mean intra-league game. Last I knew we are one league split in two divisions. Yes there will be the usual rival division bragging rights, same with clubs within a division. But just remember when it comes to interleague we are one PDFL against another league and both sides of our league have worthy participants. The rift we have right now is because opinions that very few NW would be eligible for the interleague team are based on nothing more than opinions of your divisions strength and not on direct comparisons of players ability, which can only be done by those that view both sides of the league.

Have heard that Katy are having their first get together for the 2012 season tomorrow night. A chance for the current players to meet some of the recruites, and the coach.

Seems that they have been smart with their recruiting so far, and haven't tried to attract star players that demand big coin to come and play. Hopefully they will be able to improve on last seasons performances and be more competitive.

I think that they, like most clubs still have a few players on the radar aswell. :) :):) :):):)

Hey Snake... Im pretty sure we are getting new goal post aluminium ones, think like the ones at Deakin, the new fence is up, new seating all the way around ground, new drainage, new lights (they go in about March), new couch has been sown in.... will be good when its all complete...

Have heard that Katy are having their first get together for the 2012 season tomorrow night. A chance for the current players to meet some of the recruites, and the coach.

Seems that they have been smart with their recruiting so far, and haven't tried to attract star players that demand big coin to come and play. Hopefully they will be able to improve on last seasons performances and be more competitive.

I think that they, like most clubs still have a few players on the radar aswell. :) :):) :):):)

IMO, thats the way to do it. Don't try and get from boiled lollies to chocolates in 12 months. Build a bit of a base, get a few more on board the next year after the have as many wins as losses, and then over the next couple load up and get what class you need to add to an already solid outfit that have been playing together for a few years. Sensible approch by thise out at Katty land. :thumbsu:

Very Quiet on here people!!!!!

Stopped by out Central Park earlier in the week and fair dinkum, would NOT want to be doing pre season out there this year. I reckon they have moved the fence back about 10m on the other side of the ground. The ol faithful 400m has grown to about 510m I reckon. So good luck to the plucky young eagles out there, I reckon besty will cash in on the extra miles around the boundry this year:D. Should see a pretty fit outfit come March I reckon.
Apparently Light towers to be up by mid Feb/March! A bit happening out there at the Eagles nest from a facilities point of view.
With regard to recruits/departures. Haven't heard too much on the grapevine coming out of the nest. Maybe wash could add to see if he has heard of any?? You out there Wash!!!

Very Quiet on here people!!!!!

Stopped by out Central Park earlier in the week and fair dinkum, would NOT want to be doing pre season out there this year. I reckon they have moved the fence back about 10m on the other side of the ground. The ol faithful 400m has grown to about 510m I reckon. So good luck to the plucky young eagles out there, I reckon besty will cash in on the extra miles around the boundry this year:D. Should see a pretty fit outfit come March I reckon.
Apparently Light towers to be up by mid Feb/March! A bit happening out there at the Eagles nest from a facilities point of view.
With regard to recruits/departures. Haven't heard too much on the grapevine coming out of the nest. Maybe wash could add to see if he has heard of any?? You out there Wash!!!

Hey nutta yeh it is defintaly all happening out central park and its pretty exciting knowing that the facilites will be at a high level!! The pre season will defintaly be that bit harder with the 400,s now becoming 500,s but that might be a blessing for the eagles!! As for recruits yeh we have really got some exciting talent coming in for season 2012 which include jason rachele (ex swans) luke durling (ex swan,m,pna) Dan Freeman (ex murch) and Brad Orr (ex m,pna) to add to our stocks and with only 1 or 2 confirmed departures i hope we can really be there abouts again nutta but im sure waaia,rennie,dookie,tunga will be recruiting hard as well so i think all 8 teams will be very competitive next year as katty have signed a few (saunders,kelly ex shepp) and also have heard katunga have more than a few ex seymour players in there den??? :thumbsu::thumbsu:

there a Few handy players heading out to the east, dookie has its meet the coach night and x'mas party tonight so be interesting to see how many new faces are out there for a light run and a few heavy beers.

Have Waaia kept their Numurkah connections from last year? You would think if they can keep them all, they would be better for having a year togehter + if they can top up with another couple they could be there abouts. Butht ey want to be on their fitness. Sounds like the eagles will be punching out 500's instead of 4 hunjy's.:eek:

Have Waaia kept their Numurkah connections from last year? You would think if they can keep them all, they would be better for having a year togehter + if they can top up with another couple they could be there abouts. Butht ey want to be on their fitness. Sounds like the eagles will be punching out 500's instead of 4 hunjy's.:eek:

This forum goes off!!!

Yeh waaia will be a bit of a force next year as they arent holding back trying to recruit players!! Have heard stephen scott is back and are talking to a few more!! How did dookies meet and greet the coach go last week?? Whats the news with recruits out that way?? Also very quiet out tunga way atm, can you shed any light gambi?? I see dookie,s night series kicks off on the 8th of feb?? That is way to early i would have thought and have heard the season proper starts april 12th so thats 9 weeks before rnd 1 which i found staggering!! Oh well time for someone else to dribble some s**t ey;)

Ive actually heard this rumor also.... Any truth to it?

Makes you think that if Rennie are looking to fork out so much money at the end of the season for a quality player that they arent too confident with their existing stock to do the job?? Or have they already paid Craig so he can enjoy an overseas trip??

Just to put it into perspective thats $1666 per game, just think if Craig was available to play the whole season, would he be getting paid a total of $30k ?? puts Rennies budget right up there, no disrespect to Craig he is a quality player but what do the other Rennie players think about this after they slog away all season and he comes along at the end to enjoy the spoils of their hard work for a rather large payday??

Something to think about......

He played against us in London and killed us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Steven Scott and McCarty waaia will have to be the team to beat both played Vs each other in the GVFL grand final and had ripper finals series for united at MRP. Dookie has had 25 or so at every training with different players coming each night hopefully 10 signings before x'mas but with cashed up clubs poaching anyone and everyone maybe tough.

Any news how the boys are looking at east heard big Kuta wont be able to do much training?????

And a few had heading to the KDFL

Had 35 take on the Central Ave 3km time trial thursday night, Luke O'Brien recruit from Undera leading the pack home, Big Kouta is looking a treat finished in the front half. Cobey Aynsley is off to Stanhope along with his two brothers, Still a few more signings to come maybe...

Katty ave recruited
Tyson Saunders
Tim Kelly
Ben Kelly
All from bears
Jedd wright
Daniel bye
Daniel brophy
Have come back after a year away with shepp east and Heathcote
There is still another five on the radar and hopefully should be signed up early January

Katty ave recruited
Tyson Saunders
Tim Kelly
Ben Kelly
All from bears
Jedd wright
Daniel bye
Daniel brophy
Have come back after a year away with shepp east and Heathcote
There is still another five on the radar and hopefully should be signed up early January

Add Mick O'Shea returning from a shoulder reco he was named in the Shepp News on Saturday played at Dookie previously not sure what type player he is though.

They would need Daniel Bye to do better then his form at Shepp East this year played mostly 2's i thought, but is a very good player on his day

An have heard some of the players that have been rumoured to be on Katty's radar and if they signed a couple of them, would say they should play finals.

I hope the footy in 2012 is more exciting than this thread!

Any news or is it all being kept under wraps?

What preseason comps are clubs playing in? I see that Dookie is running one and Barooga is always popular.

I hope the footy in 2012 is more exciting than this thread!

Any news or is it all being kept under wraps?

What preseason comps are clubs playing in? I see that Dookie is running one and Barooga is always popular.

I did hear a little rumour that former yarrawonga star and recent mulwala coach Tim Hargraves is thinking of a move to rennie for next year as he is very unhappy with mulwala and a so called move to tocumwal went pearshaped!! If he does lob at the hoppers then that makes back to back a real possibility but with waaia recruiting strongly and the eagles landing a few as well and luck with injuries then its set up to be a bumper top 3 or 4 sides next year!!

Shepp east have lined up a practice match against blighty in late march but will also be looking for 2 more so PM me if interested for a hit out and see if we can work something out!! ( possible night games to if suits at central park) :thumbsu:

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Waaia
shepp east
rennie
katunga
tungamah

dookie
katandra
katty

Anyone else prepared to have a go at the ladder

Leauge medal:

Status