Picola & District SE 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions from fellow pdfnl people please...

Does anyone else think browntown represents AFLGM?

Well I guess you’re saying that depends...

When did he join? Well just before the affiliation agreement decision

What’s most of his posts about? Juniors and rules and a lot about the failings of the website . You know things AFLGM had to offer.

Has he said anything positive about a club or the league in particular the board? Well no in fact in all his posts he disagrees with everything the board has done pretty much.

Has he been nice to fellow posters who disagree with him? Well no he is downright rude and claims to be victimised whilst at same time using large paragraphs to demean anyone who disagrees with him/her. Funny that’s how afl do things in the media play the man.

Does he have a posting pattern? Well yes he does seem to post questions about rules after every weekend.

Why would someone from AFLGM go to all this trouble wilty ?? Well AFLGM cost AFLvic around $80k by losing us and that’s just the start then there is the prospect of other leagues seeing they can go it alone and the more that leave the more pressure on junior pathways so their last little claim for existence starts to disappear. Geez they may lose their jobs.

To be fair though he does claim to care about juniors but it’s funny because he uses the line used by AFLvic to promote their points and salary cap system and that is that everyone should focus on their own local talent it’s all about the locals.

To be fair to us I reckon all our clubs do a great job of that anyway.

But I hear you ask does he attack other leagues and how they treat their juniors especially major leagues that poach our juniors? Not that I’ve noticed I think he may be focused solely on us.

Anyway just asking the question interesting how this new system of two completely separate governing bodies progresses.

I was asked on the weekend if I had seen the above post and asked if the poster was actually serious or taking the piss because they had never heard anything so ridiculous as suggesting I have anything to do with AFL GM (I won’t repeat the expletives they added).

So I thought after enjoying a weekend of seeing my son play his first fourths game for my old club that I would respond.

No WILTY I don’t represent AFL GM – nor as previously mentioned do I take it upon myself to represent any specific club due to the fact I hold no official role and are involved in a couple of clubs.

I probably hadn’t realised the coincidence that I first posted around the time the affiliation issues arose – as previously stated I had written to the local press previously about concerns over perceptions about the quality and opportunities for PDFNL juniors and my first post addressed that at a time when my son was due to start playing ‘big kid’ footy. I have not been rude to fellow posters, and am not nor ever will be a victim. I apologise for using big sentences - I was taught at school to express oneself fully and clearly to avoid misunderstanding - I am truly sorry if my comments confuse you.

Although I do know several people who have juniors playing in a number of different leagues at a variety of levels it would be highly inappropriate to comment on how they treat their juniors when not directly involved. (although I could tell a tale or two)

I am still unsure why you feel it is inappropriate for any player – young or old – to try their hand at a higher level in higher leagues – and why you suggest that anyone doing that has been poached as opposed to making a conscious personal choice - I am left wondering if you or your children have had a bad experience in such a situation?

On a side note, I would welcome your opinion WILTY – do you think the departure of the AFL GM Commission Chairman will help promote a proper review of the performance and behaviour of Martin Glesson – maybe it is the start of a clean out ......:D

What will our leagues look like in 2019? What have you heard is likely to happen?

From what I have heard is that the arrangements made in the Murray and Kyabram leagues are just for 2018.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On agenda for next club meeting.

Are you able to provide feedback on the outcome from the meeting please in regards to points allocations from forfeited games/uneven number of byes etc please.

Also - can you please clarify if the rule about playing 16 a side DOES or DOES NOT apply in finals as your reply suggested it does but in effect doesn't end up getting used?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back