Picola & District SE 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard same rumour and that he had since signed at United.
Has ben denied by others as a rumour being spread by Mooroopna to try and stem the bleeding and others heading to the PDFNL , which is not just to Waaia.
Know anything about the others heading to the PDFNL, or PDFNL club they may be going to Cobey ?
Nah I'm not really sure. I would imagine James Marks would be tempted to go with Simon Russell (who knows where). Trent Freer has been rumoured to go every year since 2012 (Always not true). Wouldn't think BC would play against Mooroopna or Undera (so he could be a chance, but doubt it). Would love for Shepp East to get their hands on K. Atkinson! (but he bleeds blue and white).

but I have heard no real solid rumours.

Think there might be a few vying for this title ATM .
So everyone should, last 8 Grand finals have seen an Average margin on 45 points. Time for it to tighten up!

Nah I'm not really sure. I would imagine James Marks would be tempted to go with Simon Russell (who knows where). Trent Freer has been rumoured to go every year since 2012 (Always not true). Wouldn't think BC would play against Mooroopna or Undera (so he could be a chance, but doubt it). Would love for Shepp East to get their hands on K. Atkinson! (but he bleeds blue and white).

So everyone should, last 8 Grand finals have seen an Average margin on 45 points. Time for it to tighten up!
Do you know off the top of your head how many football Premierships have gone to Central Park in the last 5-6 ?

I'm talking seniors which is unarguably the spectacle of the day. I believe More People from neighbouring leagues would come along if the seniors was a more competitive game, not if the juniors were.
I get what you are alluding to , I was generally interested as to how many flags SE have won lately . Would think it would be well over 50% since joining the comp which is a big effort and I would think is unmatched anywhere over such a period of time ??

I get what you are alluding to , I was generally interested as to how many flags SE have won lately . Would think it would be well over 50% since joining the comp which is a big effort and I would think is unmatched anywhere over such a period of time ??
Preaching the converted!
I think we average a senior flag every 4 years over the life of the club. don't quote me but I think that's since 1925. We only joined the PDFNL in 2006 (and the common denominator is I have played there for 15 years, and haven't played in 1! HAHA)

Preaching the converted!
I think we average a senior flag every 4 years over the life of the club. don't quote me but I think that's since 1925. We only joined the PDFNL in 2006 (and the common denominator is I have played there for 15 years, and haven't played in 1! HAHA)
lets hope you get the chance .

And dont get subbed out :D

I'm hearing James Lloyd (Shepp Bears & Shepp United) heading back to his junior club Shepp East??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the point system did come in, is it worth having concessions: sides with less than 40% get an extra 5 points, sides with percentage over 160 are minus 5 points. This would mean Rennie get an extra 5 while Tungamah and Waaia lose 5. Is this a way to even out the competition without any grey area?

If the point system did come in, is it worth having concessions: sides with less than 40% get an extra 5 points, sides with percentage over 160 are minus 5 points. This would mean Rennie get an extra 5 while Tungamah and Waaia lose 5. Is this a way to even out the competition without any grey area?
There is no correlation what so ever to points and the senior success of clubs . Meaning clubs are not anymore or any less successful at senior level because of the proposed points the club may or may not have . Likewise $$'s there is no evidence what so ever that the highest spending club is the most successful , least less successful etc etc .
Also worth noting that Waaia were near bottom in 2014 and played off in 2015 . Picola in the NW is a similar story and could have easily played off in the flag .
Put bluntly the points system is to assist and encourage clubs in leagues labelled premier league to poach community club players and in particular juniors and to hinder community league clubs chances of recruiting premier league players. Some people think playing premier league under 18's is better for a kids development than playing community league seniors . Likewise some think that you have to play premier league juniors to be identified despite clear stats providing evidence to the contrary . A rule being brought in to assist premier league clubs who haven't and don't want to develop their own , can't handle $$'s and are on the brink of financial ruin .
Basically community clubs are going to be expected to prop of their ugly premier league neighbours .
And how a league is determined premier league is another laughable matter .

Last edited:
It has potential maybe if other leagues follow suit.
Same as footy though, you don't win games on potential!

before the even think of bringing it into place. You'd think they would trial it for a season through team sheet lodging. without a cap of course!

Shep East, Tunga and from what i hear Waaia should be the most concerned. if the system comes into place!
Last time I played Seniors! (last year)
C.Bucktin: Played Juniors at SE
J.Pfeiffer: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
S.Mackenna: Family are club legend since god knows when, trainers room named after grandfather
R.Frappell: 2 x premiership player and league medalist at SE, 100+ gamer, 7 years at club
B.Corish: Played Juniors at SE
B.Cooper: Played Juniors at SE
J.Borg: May have played juniors at SE. come with friends (not recruited) played first 6 games in 2's
R.Osborne: 2 x premiership player and 2x BnF at SE, 100+ gamer. 7 years at club
H.Ismet: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
B.Cecchin: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
D.Wood: Played Juniors at SE
S.O'Brien: came with friends. Closely related to the club legends the keady's
N.Watson: Played 2's at SE for 4 years, played in high school flag with 6+ SE players, Family in netball
D.Vidler: Coach, related to Henderson (4 time bnf winner, been at the club since Jesus was born)
D.Lloyd: hadn't played in 4 years. 8+ mates and ex-team mates at SE
C.Aynsley: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
J.Aynsley: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
L.Cecchin: Played Juniors at SE (played as SE Bombers)
M.Frost: 4 x premiership player, Captain, 200+ gamer (played as SE Bombers)
D.Gibson: Previously played at SE maybe 5 seasons? (played as SE Bombers)
J.Spencer: Played Juniors at SE
R.Stephenson: Relocated from Tas, Person from work bought him out and he liked it.

I'd say we have the least to worry about. For good reason too!

Shep East, Tunga and from what i hear Waaia should be the most concerned. if the system comes into place!

I'm guessing by the way you talk SharpElbows you must be on a committee or pretty involved at one of these clubs to know what they actually spend, and have good contacts at the other 2 clubs to know their budgets as well? You really have no idea on either how the point system works or no idea on the players that play at these clubs as the three clubs you mentioned would be least effected with the amount of juniors that have come through their clubs and a majority of the other players they have topped up with have been at these clubs for a few years, meaning they would have small points allocated to them. Although I think you have no idea I give you credit for creating a bit of chat on this dead forum ;)

Just a bit of good news for Bears they have reappointed Obrien for next year and have already signed 80percent of there list with the talk of a couple of good recruits coming one is a ruckmen from the Bendigo league that played with the Bendigo Pioneers also a couple of local guns returning dosnt look like they are going anywhere yet

And I forgot to mention I was at the Grand Final and I thought Obrien spoke very well it was just a bit of tongue in cheek well done I thought

And I forgot to mention I was at the Grand Final and I thought Obrien spoke very well it was just a bit of tongue in cheek well done I thought

Hey can you tell us how much you did spend on the recruits you had? im guessing in vicinity of $80k plus. o'brien didn't actually answer the question on everyone's lips. Geez if you're gunna bring it up in the acceptance speech at least be totally honest.....

Sure you have good numbers of your own but it's what you top up with that counts and costs, right?

Jerilderie managed to be polite in their speech after a 3 peat and they cop just as much talk about buying flags as your mob.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat" especially during league presentations isn't that what's expected?

Oh and I nearly forgot. Might be an idea to close your clubs Facebook from public view. I'm sure you are aware of post I am referring to and being someone in the know will be looking into it.

Hey can you tell us how much you did spend on the recruits you had? im guessing in vicinity of $80k plus. o'brien didn't actually answer the question on everyone's lips. Geez if you're gunna bring it up in the acceptance speech at least be totally honest.....

Sure you have good numbers of your own but it's what you top up with that counts and costs, right?

Jerilderie managed to be polite in their speech after a 3 peat and they cop just as much talk about buying flags as your mob.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat" especially during league presentations isn't that what's expected?

Oh and I nearly forgot. Might be an idea to close your clubs Facebook from public view. I'm sure you are aware of post I am referring to and being someone in the know will be looking into it.
????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back