Picola & District SE 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from what I hear the "squad" will go shocking if there preparation has anything to do with it. They had ONCE player show up and three officials. IMO that's is pathetic. Artical in the Shepp News today said the had a few call and say they couldn't make it. The coach didn't even show up. Great to see the league really ensuring that the clubs and players get behind it. If that's the way it's going to be run they shouldn't do it at all. Waist if money and time.

No it hasn't been very well supported in the South East unfortunately. Many of the "Top Line" players haven't made themselves available and I think one club didn't even have any of their nominated players attend training. Training was on last night and they had ok numbers but your right, if the players don't get behind it then interleague is a waste of time.
The North West has been supported better this year by the players. We will actually have players miss out which is a good thing. A few things need to change for interleague to succeed and one of them is we need the top line players to put their hands up and play.

Well from what I hear the "squad" will go shocking if there preparation has anything to do with it. They had ONCE player show up and three officials. IMO that's is pathetic. Artical in the Shepp News today said the had a few call and say they couldn't make it. The coach didn't even show up. Great to see the league really ensuring that the clubs and players get behind it. If that's the way it's going to be run they shouldn't do it at all. Waist if money and time.
The coach informed the league even before the first training run he was unavailable for the training last Sunday and made plans himself to cater for his unavailability.
The clubs voted for interleague and the concept .
The league implemented fines for players not fronting to the first training which many clubs have objected to .
All training dates were sent to clubs with nomination form , so knowing when to train wasn't a issue .
The league and the coach isn't to blame , the clubs assumably with the support of there players, request for interleague to occur and then don't support it .
Don't bother blaming the league or coaches .

The coach informed the league even before the first training run he was unavailable for the training last Sunday and made plans himself to cater for his unavailability.
The clubs voted for interleague and the concept .
The league implemented fines for players not fronting to the first training which many clubs have objected to .
All training dates were sent to clubs with nomination form , so knowing when to train wasn't a issue .
The league and the coach isn't to blame , the clubs assumably with the support of there players, request for interleague to occur and then don't support it .
Don't bother blaming the league or coaches .

So one player shows up.... I hope we get thrashed by the frappe at team alive!

I assume by WE you are a PDFNL member and as such have had the opportunity to influence / promote interleague football .
If you haven't done everything possible to get players to attend trainings or support interleague you are as responsible as the next , whether the result be positive or not .

So is there a squad for inter league? And who's in it and who do they play and where? I didn't see it on the work safe scoreboard during the footy show tonight. Saw 32 other games happening. But didn't see the pdfl team named .

s**t attitude. Your 1 of 2 types of footballers. 1, your a spud who will never have the ability to play rep footy. Or 2 you have the talent but are 2 soft to put your balls and ego on the line to see how you will go. Once interleague disappears in a year or so because of a lack of interest players and clubs will be wanting it back, by then it will be to late. Players need to get on board and have a crack.

GREG MEYLAND fronts tomorrow night over the broken jaw that a katunga player received during their recent clash he also has
to answer another charge for striking another player in the same match Ill have a stab at the penalty and say 10 weeks !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on that smooth . the inside info that I have is Meyland will not be calling witnesses where as the katunga player is calling at least 3 remembering this
guy has 2 steel plates in his jaw for life 6 weeks off work and will most likely not play again greg will need more than ian McDonald his advocate to get off this one!!!

Wouldn't that tip him over the 16 week mark Swoop??

Not sure on that smooth . the inside info that I have is Meyland will not be calling witnesses where as the katunga player is calling at least 3 remembering this
guy has 2 steel plates in his jaw for life 6 weeks off work and will most likely not play again greg will need more than ian McDonald his advocate to get off this one!!!
I think that there maybe a few Katunga people making some 'OUT THERE' predictions! if ricky frappel got his case reduced to 2 weeks im pretty sure Meyland gonna get the same. because of the extent of the injury Meyland will get some weeks.... that's just how the tribunral goes. on the down low I believe Katunga having a bit of trouble finding an advocate!!! since the incident has cooled off a bit the truth has surfaced a bit clearer....... maybe greg joinbee NOT SO INNOCENT????? haven't heard the term king hit for a couple weeks! honestly I believe NOONE seen the injury, just the out come. only my opinion. was not there. just keeping an eye on the big topics

I think that there maybe a few Katunga people making some 'OUT THERE' predictions! if ricky frappel got his case reduced to 2 weeks im pretty sure Meyland gonna get the same. because of the extent of the injury Meyland will get some weeks.... that's just how the tribunral goes. on the down low I believe Katunga having a bit of trouble finding an advocate!!! since the incident has cooled off a bit the truth has surfaced a bit clearer....... maybe greg joinbee NOT SO INNOCENT????? haven't heard the term king hit for a couple weeks! honestly I believe NOONE seen the injury, just the out come. only my opinion. was not there. just keeping an eye on the big topics

I am not sure what that has to do with it. Don't think I have seen a retaliation excuse in the rule book. Doesn't matter who started it. You hit a bloke break his jaw you deserve weeks. Also didn't Fraps get his reduced from 10 to 6? That's what I recall anyway. Either way. No matter who started it. Didn't need to end up where it did. Should of walked away. He is a great footy player and doesn't need to do that stuff. Kicking a heap and tormenting blokes on the field does more than a smack in the face ever will.

I am not sure what that has to do with it. Don't think I have seen a retaliation excuse in the rule book. Doesn't matter who started it. You hit a bloke break his jaw you deserve weeks. Also didn't Fraps get his reduced from 10 to 6? That's what I recall anyway. Either way. No matter who started it. Didn't need to end up where it did. Should of walked away. He is a great footy player and doesn't need to do that stuff. Kicking a heap and tormenting blokes on the field does more than a smack in the face ever will.
I think you will find in any rule book that your allowed to defend yourself

Frapp did 6 weeks before appeal. And got 4 given back.... That's why he still dishes it out! The likes of Meyland and frap only give half of what they get! Both quality Targeted players

Can asure you that someone did see it. And quite clearly.
Have spoken to a couple of older Waaia guys and even they believe that it was a d!ckhe@d thing to do.

Greg Meyland picked up 8 weeks last night at the tribunal I would have thought a bit light when 2 of those weeks were for striking
another player also His record only showed 3 weeks 1 stemming from a num vs rumba game and 2 from a katandra vs wa game
It will be interesting if his beloved club also hands down some sort penalty ??
GREG MEYLAND fronts tomorrow night over the broken jaw that a katunga player received during their recent clash he also has
to answer another charge for striking another player in the same match Ill have a stab at the penalty and say 10 weeks !!

Greg Meyland picked up 8 weeks last night at the tribunal I would have thought a bit light when 2 of those weeks were for striking
another player also His record only showed 3 weeks 1 stemming from a num vs rumba game and 2 from a katandra vs wa game
It will be interesting if his beloved club also hands down some sort penalty ??
You are not correct swoopin pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back