Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were close enough to full strength. I think Kerr pulled out on the day. Strathy going along very well. I think the last 2 weeks have been the only time strathy have had their full side available all year which is a positive. I was tipping a strathy berrigan grand final but that is out the window now. Cant pick a winner next week but reckon that who ever wins the prelim will win the GF. A positive for Strathy was that Dicko and Matty Shannon had fairly quiet days for their standards yesterday and they still blew mathoura away. They have a very dangerous forward line and big Jye Bunge is playing well at CHB. Dogsy Graham best on yesterday, didnt loose a tap and took a tonne of marks

Great work Strathy. Great to see my old mate Dogsy still getting out and about.

Very interesting point you make Kris considering that his team are already in the grand final seeing as though he plays and follows YARROWEAH....
Good One.
Get your facts right before you come on here spruiking off !!!

Considering most of the posts by BS have involved Strathy in some way, i just assumed they were involved with Strathy, wasn't supposed to be nasty or anything, just a bit of humour. I apologise for getting it wrong.

In contrast may i say whoever you are, get back to the footy and stop mouthing off because this isn't the sort of place for making personal attacks against people. Oh and by the way, you may want to touch up on your spelling and grammar skills mate, because if you are trying to make me look like an idiot, doesn't make you look much better when you have spelling and grammatical mistakes in your post :confused:. (YARROWEYAH...) (Spruiking is not classified as an adjective). Plain english for you KeepOnTurning, before you make someone else look like an idiot, make sure you don't make yourself look like one too.

Yazza to certainly keep a lid on it, happy to be in GF as most sides would be after winning 1 game in 08 and 5 last year. All credit to the people behind the scenes who have built and developed a good list and kept young talent at the club, that is what its all about. :)

Considering most of the posts by BS have involved Strathy in some way, i just assumed they were involved with Strathy, wasn't supposed to be nasty or anything, just a bit of humour. I apologise for getting it wrong.

In contrast may i say whoever you are, get back to the footy and stop mouthing off because this isn't the sort of place for making personal attacks against people. Oh and by the way, you may want to touch up on your spelling and grammar skills mate, because if you are trying to make me look like an idiot, doesn't make you look much better when you have spelling and grammatical mistakes in your post :confused:. (YARROWEYAH...) (Spruiking is not classified as an adjective). Plain english for you KeepOnTurning, before you make someone else look like an idiot, make sure you don't make yourself look like one too.

All good Y&B just stirring the pot, glad you could see the humour in my post.:thumbsu:

Back to footy, does anyone know about signings for coaches next season?? Is Sanderson staying on as coach at Jerilderie?? What about Bode at Deni??

Think you'll find Josh staying at Rovers, as for Sanderson I have heard that he won't be coaching Jerilderie (not sure if he'd stay on as a player).

I have also heard that Dickinson will be moving on next year at Strathy.

I would think Mitsch will stay on at Mathoura.

And lastly, I don't think Wooden will coach Blighty, not sure if he'd stay on as a player though.

Thats just the mail I've received thus far. Someone may no more than me though.

So is the Game Def being played at Strathmerton this weekend becuase i hear a different thing each day? what are everyones tips?

I was there and they seem to lack any sort of gameplan and direction to be honest. They allowed Yarra to have 2 loose men across half back all day who ran and created well all day after Berrigan persisted on kicking to Ben Way 1 against 3 and they continually ran it out all day and caused a lot of havoc.

Ben Way was disappointing but was on a hiding to nothing 1 against 3 when the ball was on the deck, he lacked small forwards around him to pressure the ball on the way out and gave very little in the way of ground level contests himself. We wont even talk about his kicking for goal or to the advantage of his fellow forwards.

His only touches in the 2nd half were too high up the ground which forced low % shots for him or rushed poorly executed decisions going forward.

Berrigans 2 loose men across half back seemed content on saving the game and didn't seem to have any instruction on what to do and when to do it.

Berrigan also appeared to have too many half fit blokes with what looked like leg injuries which are really telling on the big grounds late in the game.

Berrigan could also do with some practice on running back defensively as their midfield only looked interested when there was a chance to push forward to get a kick or snag a goal. Maybe some more midfield rotations might help this area for them, also maybe give their ruckman a bit of a spell up forward as he looked completely stuffed in the last quarter and Yarra took it out of the centre cleanly too often. He kicks like his brother though as he missed a very simple shot late in the game to kill Yarra off but I think Ben Way could be very handy for patches in the ruck.

Also Tim Cooper who is their most attacking defender could also give alot of drive if he wasn't playing in the last line of defense, I would have him across half back and on a lesser opponent so he could be the 3rd man up and create for them from their.

Just my observations from the game.

All quite valid points, they have never used the bench enough and the way the game is played today you need to use the bench at least 4 times a quarter to ensure leg speed is maintained in the midfield for the entire game. agree with the 'coops' comment too, i know he is their key defender, but feel he would be much better utilised as a half back flanker doing the kickouts instead of FB(think they have him at FB mainly due to his long kicking ability).
fingers crossed for the sainters in the ones and twos and bring home the double whammy.

Not a good day Saturday for the Siants but a good night last night with Craig Glanvill getting up for the 2's PDFL B&F and a tough effort by Matty Gorman in the 1's.
Both great blokes and good to see something positive come out of the season for the saints senior boys.

Fair bit of rain forecast for Saturday, plays right into Strathys hands for mine.
Matt Shannon to cap off his runnerup B&F with a premiership medal and B.O.G in the big one.

I must say I was surprised Dan Fitzpatrick didn’t poll more votes than he did. Some guys poll well and others don't I guess.

Didn't see the game, but Berrigan seemed to be in front all day, did they run out of legs, unlucky?

I still think their best is easily 3-4 goals better than the other 2 sides ON THEIR DAY, it will just depend whether they can produce it. The Hoppers will hope that both teams flog Friar Tuck out of each other this week. Should be a good game, Strathy in awesome form. Mathoura were ordinary though, far from their best.

I'll stand by my original prediction and say Berrigan will still go all the way.

Given your form Herb, I would not think Matty Shannon would welcome your support, or should I say, the kiss of death.:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is the Game Def being played at Strathmerton this weekend becuase i hear a different thing each day? what are everyones tips?

Isn't it interesting that only a week ago we were discussing the possibility of the NW preliminary final being moved away from strathy and now the SE GF has been moved from dookie to strathy

Well said NTO, although i also think Strathy might get over the line. Not sure if playing 1 game of footy in a month is the best way to lead into a GF at this level of football (unless you have injuries of course). Should be a good game though. Mind you if Herb has picked Strathy, then Yarraweyah are every chance of winning, Poor old herb struggles to pick his nose, let alone pick a winner.

Whats everyones thoughts on the Pearce medal, great effort by Matt Gorman, 19 years old and a league medallist.

A lot for the yarroweyah brains trust to consider tonight. 1.Playing arguably the best wet weather side in the league tomorrow with the rain about to bucket down tonight. 2. Having only played 1 game of Footy in the last 26 days. 3. And risking playing a player who may have or may not have qualified for finals legally (would hate to have that hanging over me if I was yarroweyah and the somehow managed to get up).

Don't go out and do what Moama done in the MFL a couple of years ago BS, Booked all the post grand final celebrations and didn't even make it :D. Should be a good contest, hoping the Berrigan boys have a good win in front of the Strathy locals. Can anyone tell me if Mathoura were at full strength yesterday?? They looked very poor against a side that is definitely beatable.

Youve been pretty quiet since we won the flag yellowman??? Who's gunna beat us now!!!

Looks like we will have to change the name of this thread to the Intimidator Hour, but i guess that is probably fair enough. Well done to the Strathy boys.

Has anyone had their B & F yet and who got up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back