Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
A thread for all matters involving the North West
---
Berrigan, Blighty, Deniliquin Rovers, Jerilderie, Mathoura, Picola United, Strathmerton, Wunghnu, Yarroweyah

Re: Picola District FL - General Thread 2009

mcculloch to only play a select few games next season ptf.

Everyone from last years side has confirmed they are staying bar 2 players. Mcculloch will play more games than he did last year.

Also PTF bit harsh saying our big fella's went missing. Fitzy had a quiet one in the prelim but played well in the 2nd semi. Braybon played well in both finals. Chris Occonnor was well beaten in the 2nd semi but he wouldnt of been the first and he wont be the last player to be taught a lesson by Aaron Purcell. He had no impact in the prelim but there were medical reason behind that. He had a great year and expecting him to have a big 2010.

Reckon you probably need to do some research there Gorillaman before shooting your lip off. I believe Bode is paid pretty much under the odds as a coach (got offered plenty more elsewhere), coupled with this he coached the thirds last year, and does a power of work behind the scenes of the club. Bit rich trying to say that he is chasing all the money for himself. As for the juniors coming through you may not have watched many of the games, as there are some kids coming through that could be absolutely anything in a few years time and with a year or two of senior footy under their belt. Think you will find that Charles Mac is close to the mark with 10 of last years thirds playing seniors next year at some stage. Would be positive for the future of the club i would think, and perhaps an indication of how well the two thirds coaches performed last year with these kids.

ill cut it simple for you there ctfp#8 bode runs a servo in town lets just say business wouldnt be real crash hot if he took off else where to coach now. his on a good wicket dont let any one tell you different. he doesnt do any thing for nothing.

Everyone from last years side has confirmed they are staying bar 2 players. Mcculloch will play more games than he did last year.

Also PTF bit harsh saying our big fella's went missing. Fitzy had a quiet one in the prelim but played well in the 2nd semi. Braybon played well in both finals. Chris Occonnor was well beaten in the 2nd semi but he wouldnt of been the first and he wont be the last player to be taught a lesson by Aaron Purcell. He had no impact in the prelim but there were medical reason behind that. He had a great year and expecting him to have a big 2010.

have a big 2010 at wakool.

I've never posted on here before, but I thought I needed to clear up a few facts about Andrew May for the un-informed.

The bloke never earned a cent in 6 years at Deni Rams, while winning three premierships and a best and fairest. He was named best on ground in two grand finals and you could argue Deni would have lost at least one without him.

At 23 he was offered and accepted good money at Balranald where he won another flag. Like a lot of blokes that went there (Bull and Seignior included) he left because they owed him money.

He went to Rovers when he came back for good coin, but not as much as other clubs offered.

As a teammate and clubman the guy has always been fantastic. Never misses training. First to club functions. Great bloke to have around the club.

He is still very close to his teammates from Deni Rams including the old blokes like Fisicaro and Marshall as well as all the young players.

If he leaves Rovers the same will apply.

Its the old story. If a player comes to your club for money, he's a gun. If he goes to another club, he's a mercenary.

Just lay off the unsubstantiated personal stuff, unless you want to add your name, teams played for, awards won, flags won, and a few Group Certificates to prove you never got paid to play (or any of your teammates).

We're all perfect behind a username.

ill cut it simple for you there ctfp#8 bode runs a servo in town lets just say business wouldnt be real crash hot if he took off else where to coach now. his on a good wicket dont let any one tell you different. he doesnt do any thing for nothing.

Fair enough Gorillaman, you obviously have your finger on the pulse all things Deniliquin, and have some good info. Im not saying he is getting paid peanuts, but i would have thought he would be relatively cheap from the rovers point of view when you look at the broader picture and how much work he puts into the club. But you probably know more than i do.

I've never posted on here before, but I thought I needed to clear up a few facts about Andrew May for the un-informed.

The bloke never earned a cent in 6 years at Deni Rams, while winning three premierships and a best and fairest. He was named best on ground in two grand finals and you could argue Deni would have lost at least one without him.

At 23 he was offered and accepted good money at Balranald where he won another flag. Like a lot of blokes that went there (Bull and Seignior included) he left because they owed him money.

He went to Rovers when he came back for good coin, but not as much as other clubs offered.

As a teammate and clubman the guy has always been fantastic. Never misses training. First to club functions. Great bloke to have around the club.

He is still very close to his teammates from Deni Rams including the old blokes like Fisicaro and Marshall as well as all the young players.

If he leaves Rovers the same will apply.

Its the old story. If a player comes to your club for money, he's a gun. If he goes to another club, he's a mercenary.

Just lay off the unsubstantiated personal stuff, unless you want to add your name, teams played for, awards won, flags won, and a few Group Certificates to prove you never got paid to play (or any of your teammates).

We're all perfect behind a username.

are you sure thats correct

You might think I'm being harsh CM and your entitled to your opinion, but I think it was quite obvious in the 2nd semi that your inside mids dominated early, your forwards didn't capatilise and inturn your mids were knackered and eventually outnumbered in the last quarter and a half. Game realistically should have been out of Jerilderies reach by half time.Braybon for mine didn't play well, Fitzy was OK early.
Bode in the ruck I think deletes your ability to win contested footy once it hits the deck, significantly. He starts a large percentage of your attacks by winning the ball at ground level and uses his bigger frame to get the aggot out to your outside runners, like May, McCullouch, Benji.
I thought all your big blokes were soundly beaten in the prelim and had absolutely no impact, against a side who proved vunerable against sides with multiple tall forwards for the most part of the season.
From what I seen I thought McCullouch was the only one who could honestly say he beat his opponent in the Prelim.

You might think I'm being harsh CM and your entitled to your opinion, but I think it was quite obvious in the 2nd semi that your inside mids dominated early, your forwards didn't capatilise and inturn your mids were knackered and eventually outnumbered in the last quarter and a half. Game realistically should have been out of Jerilderies reach by half time.Braybon for mine didn't play well, Fitzy was OK early.
Bode in the ruck I think deletes your ability to win contested footy once it hits the deck, significantly. He starts a large percentage of your attacks by winning the ball at ground level and uses his bigger frame to get the aggot out to your outside runners, like May, McCullouch, Benji.
I thought all your big blokes were soundly beaten in the prelim and had absolutely no impact, against a side who proved vunerable against sides with multiple tall forwards for the most part of the season.
From what I seen I thought McCullouch was the only one who could honestly say he beat his opponent in the Prelim.

Agree with that.

Yeah the business would struggle immensely if he left Rovers. It absolutley amazes me how it got going in the first place considering he played for Nullawil when it was established! You seem to have pretty strong ties to Mathoura Gorillaman, don't comment on things you OBVIOUSLY have no idea about.

As for Wakool, no one has committed out there, but it's no secret they have spoken to a couple of the boys. Pretty confident we won't lose anyone out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where you including the recently appointed Echuca Bombers ( GVFL ) reserves coach Robert Hogan in those two ?

What kind of coin would a young bloke like jon tucket from united get at clubs looking for recruits in the picola league

DENI ROVERS IN TROUBLE

Robert Hogan caoching and may take the other Deni boys living in Echuca with him - Robo, Liam Bones Fleming, Alex and Leon.

Wakool - Taking a number of younger players on the promise of good coin.( Have Wakool paid for season 2007 yet?)

Andrew May fallout:- will be taking 10 blokes with him to Kerang or is it Mathoura or is it blighty or is it the Rams or is it?

Hay - From memory 6 - 7 blokes going to Hay including Bode and Fitzpatrik

LOVE SILLY SEASON :D:D:D:D

DENI ROVERS IN TROUBLE

Robert Hogan caoching and may take the other Deni boys living in Echuca with him - Robo, Liam Bones Fleming, Alex and Leon.

Wakool - Taking a number of younger players on the promise of good coin.( Have Wakool paid for season 2007 yet?)

Andrew May fallout:- will be taking 10 blokes with him to Kerang or is it Mathoura or is it blighty or is it the Rams or is it?

Your right there old man. Have heard that with those 23 players mentioned above leaving they are considering folding for a year and hopefully be back in 2011 with better numbers.

Silly season. i think it is getting closer to IMC season.

how are the hoppers shaping up have they gained or lost players, wouldnt think they would lose too many with all there younger players geting better each year, the hoppers future looks good.

Have heard few players leaving strathmerton some names mentioned Taylor,luchi, smith, jeansch(spelling?)

DENI ROVERS IN TROUBLE

So the rumours suggesting Mick Flemming joining the Wakool committee might not be true ? :eek:;):D

DENI ROVERS IN TROUBLE

I think the rovers will be there abouts again. Like most clubs they may lose a few but will keep the majority of there key players, So id expext them to be in it again when the good weather hits in September.

So the rumours suggesting Mick Flemming joining the Wakool committee might not be true ? :eek:;):D

Yep Mick gone. Apparently on $500 per committee meeting. Mick was again elected to president at Rovers AGM so he will be able to sign his own clearance making it impossible for us to keep him. The 4 of us left at Rovers have decided to change our mascot from the traditional Kangaroo to a black dog. We feel that it is more appropriate at the moment.

Come now CM Mick Flemming $500 a committee meeting? With the hourly rates accountants charge these days and how long footy meetings go for way too cheap! This rumour cannot be true!

Yep Mick gone. Apparently on $500 per committee meeting. Mick was again elected to president at Rovers AGM so he will be able to sign his own clearance making it impossible for us to keep him. The 4 of us left at Rovers have decided to change our mascot from the traditional Kangaroo to a black dog. We feel that it is more appropriate at the moment.
A 50 % pay cut !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back