Picola & District FL SE 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another season done and dusted well done to shepp east eagles and also all winners!! Was a tight game sunday but to much run and probably just to many good players got the eagles over the line! waaia will need to add a few more next year and lose no one to go one better! As for eagles i read that 6 have retired and the coach isnt going around again so they also might be back to the pack next year! (finally)
Any other news or coach talk from other clubs

Another season done and dusted well done to shepp east eagles and also all winners!! Was a tight game sunday but to much run and probably just to many good players got the eagles over the line! waaia will need to add a few more next year and lose no one to go one better! As for eagles i read that 6 have retired and the coach isnt going around again so they also might be back to the pack next year! (finally)
Any other news or coach talk from other clubs

Was a good grand final, Shepp East just to good though.
Who were the 6 players to retire Marcopolo?
Shepp East still seem to have plenty of depth shows how strong they are there 2s are always very strong

This thread has gone very quiet!
Who won everyones B&F's?

Any player movements to note at this stage or retirements?

This thread has gone very quiet!
Who won everyones B&F's?

Any player movements to note at this stage or retirements?

Shepp East
Seniors: Winner - Roberts Osborne, R/U - Ricky Frappell
Reserves: Winner - Dylan Sheppard, R/U - Luke Kenny

Few old blokes retiring to join ramnuts on the hill ;)

Shepp East

Hey mate it's been awhile, is this your once a year visit done & dusted? :D
By all reports you might be spending some time on the hill also?? haha

Shepp East

Yeah, I might have a few mates on the 'other side' of the fence next year. Its been a while since I posted, but may I say a big congrats to the Shepp East footy club. Well done to H and Gibbo for saluting in the big dance - great job by all coaches, players, committee, trainers, canteen ladies and all supporters. Frosty must be really starting to string a collection together - I think that is 4 - great effort! We also had some joy on the netty courts to, although the A graders had the tables turned by the Kats this year - i think thats 1 all.
Super effort for the Big O to win the B & F in a flag year. I think it was his first which suprises me, but apparently u don't get votes for good looks:p. Another great year for Fraps seeing he missed 6 games. I genuinely believe the retraction of his suspension went a long way to the boys winning the flag. It just seemed to be the spark they needed when enduring a bit of a slump, and they never looked back once Rick was reprieved.
I know they are still in the process of naming a coach, but news is its only a few days away! So watch this space. Seems to be a few coaching possies still open. Feel free to fill the blanks anyone:
SE - not yet
Waaia - Meyland
Rennie - a past player I believe - McHenry???? is that his name?
Tunga - Payney
Dookie - Still looking
Katty - Gypsy
Katunga - ???
Katandra - Still looking????

Looking forward to another even and exciting 2013!! See if we can get this thread up and about - the KDL one is good reading, it would be could to get a few regulars on here to kick start the silly season for next year.

On a parting note - I did hear that the Kelly boys were on the move from Katty - they would be a bit dirty on that seeing the did some hard yards to get them out there!

Hey mate it's been awhile, is this your once a year visit done & dusted? :D
By all reports you might be spending some time on the hill also?? haha

smooth mover, yeah mate, found the power switch to the com and thought put up a post...
hopefully wont be spending to much time on the sidelines and ready for Round 1, hopefully just a late pre-season start, see how we go.. What about you, any chance to pull the Shepp East jumper back on, has been a while?

Heard it was Forsyth that was the new coach at Rennie.. Not sure if correct.. Alot of clubs looking for coaches in the district this year, not just picola league, hopefully the new coaches can bring in a few players with them to keep a reasonable standard of footy and the competition strong.

heard sam ahmet and rum yze or how ever it is are in the mix at shepp east. Havent heard much bout dookie distanced myself from it all. New coaches new players shoud make for alot of talk on here. Dookie to maybe have 4 or 5 out of the side from this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Yze has committed another year in the GV.
Have also heard that there are a couple of departures form the Eagles along with the retirees - Besty & Ozzie heading back into the GV for one last hoorah! - Good luck to them - We'll see them back about rnd 2 when their bodies fall apart due to the rigours of GV preseason - :D . It will be good to see how some of the young guys that were intergral in the 2's flag this year make the transition into senior footy. I have no qualms saying that if 4-5 of them had have been at most other PDFL clubs, they would've been playing ones. Good for the club to have such a young reserves side that can play senior footy.

Have also heard that there are a couple of departures form the Eagles along with the retirees - Besty & Ozzie heading back into the GV for one last hoorah! - Good luck to them - We'll see them back about rnd 2 when their bodies fall apart due to the rigours of GV preseason - :D . It will be good to see how some of the young guys that were intergral in the 2's flag this year make the transition into senior footy. I have no qualms saying that if 4-5 of them had have been at most other PDFL clubs, they would've been playing ones. Good for the club to have such a young reserves side that can play senior footy.

Duane hueston to coach katandra anyone else heard this

As i'm sure you are well aware Ramnuts The Eagles have spoken to a plethora of candidates but IMO the "NEW" coach will be interveiwed tonight (Monday) Gun player and Top bloke, spoke to him yesterday and he is keen to keep the youngsters on board and maybe pick up a couple of key position players, this might be tough though as a ex coach is trying hard to lure the youngsters out Numurkah Rd way...with the promise of of atleast starting in the late game.
There is no doubt in my mind that half the 2012 reserves side could easily hold down a spot in the late game especially with the "outs".
Bring back a few of last years 3rds guns who from all reports did not enjoy their time in at the "nest" and spent more time out Central Ave watching this year to compliment the likes of Frappel, Hodgetts, Freeman, McCluskey, Crowe, Spencer, Young, Handley to name a few... add Milne, Sheppard,Hanning, Serafini, Donovan, Watson could be interesting? early early days though!!!!

As i'm sure you are well aware Ramnuts The Eagles have spoken to a plethora of candidates but IMO the "NEW" coach will be interveiwed tonight (Monday) Gun player and Top bloke, spoke to him yesterday and he is keen to keep the youngsters on board and maybe pick up a couple of key position players, this might be tough though as a ex coach is trying hard to lure the youngsters out Numurkah Rd way...with the promise of of atleast starting in the late game.
There is no doubt in my mind that half the 2012 reserves side could easily hold down a spot in the late game especially with the "outs".
Bring back a few of last years 3rds guns who from all reports did not enjoy their time in at the "nest" and spent more time out Central Ave watching this year to compliment the likes of Frappel, Hodgetts, Freeman, McCluskey, Crowe, Spencer, Young, Handley to name a few... add Milne, Sheppard,Hanning, Serafini, Donovan, Watson could be interesting? early early days though!!!!

Yes totally agree fence! Those young blokes coupled with the nucleus listed above I'm sure will be in the mix again next year. I believe the candidate interviewed very well and was very organised and had done some homework on the playing list. So hopefully, they can agree on terms in the not too distant future to get him on board! By all reports he will do a good job.
With regard to a few guys tempted to head out the road, I'm sure the approaching coach is showing due diligence by trying to recruit, as all clubs are at this stage, but I just hope those spoken to don't get too caught up in the hype and at least wait until an appointment is made before they make a committment to leave a club that won senior and reserve flags this year. Its not often you get to be involved in a club like that and sometimes 'the grass isn't that green'. So hopefully these guys will wait to talk to the new coach before deciding on next year.
Any news on Katandra & Dookie coach?

Big news is brad lowe to coach shepp east will more than likely take a few from the mainland
We'll be confident of keeping most of the group together. Timmy K has committed so there's one Shepp east boy to stay. Aynsleys will be the ones he would try and take with him you would think, possibly Micka Coad too. Depends what he needs and how much he will spend.

We'll be confident of keeping most of the group together. Timmy K has committed so there's one Shepp east boy to stay. Aynsleys will be the ones he would try and take with him you would think, possibly Micka Coad too. Depends what he needs and how much he will spend.

brad lowe is a good pick up for shepp east, quality player who could still be playing gvl, not sure i would have bringing the aynsleys back to shepp east be high on the agenda, they didnt seem to miss them to much this year? be good to see a lot of those reseres players get their chance and hopefully lowey could snare a few gvl type players...how many have shepp east lost? could be a open 2013 pdfl ladder

brad lowe is a good pick up for shepp east, quality player who could still be playing gvl, not sure i would have bringing the aynsleys back to shepp east be high on the agenda, they didnt seem to miss them to much this year? be good to see a lot of those reseres players get their chance and hopefully lowey could snare a few gvl type players...how many have shepp east lost? could be a open 2013 pdfl ladder
I've heard they've lost 10-13 but that could be all talk too.

I've heard they've lost 10-13 but that could be all talk too.

Nah your right on the money their Earl, atleast 10! 6 retirements & 4 departures so far, but from my knowledge & knowing shepp east they wont slide very far at all! Got a very good hard working committee, & with lowey coaching I'm sure they'll get the recruits they need 2 stay right up there....

Nah your right on the money their Earl, atleast 10! 6 retirements & 4 departures so far, but from my knowledge & knowing shepp east they wont slide very far at all! Got a very good hard working committee, & with lowey coaching I'm sure they'll get the recruits they need 2 stay right up there....
He didn't seem to do much with Stanhope this year, in fact they went backwards.

Is he playing or non playing as I don't think he played against VT this year or maybe he just had a bad run with injuries.

Maybe coad will get a 2nd chance at kicking that 100 goals he said was going to kick about 5 years back..... Got about 98 to go!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back