News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Until we get an ex ruckman as our list manager or as our head recruiter or as our coach we are going to continue this s**t house list management, of our ruck stocks.

These bozos have proved they are incompetent when it comes to managing rucks.

How ******* hard in a squad of 42, or 44 or 47 players to have a list management strategy where we have at least;

1 x 18-21 year old developing his craft
1 x 22-25 year old progressing nicely - ( this is where Ladhams was in 2020 and 2021)
1 x 26-29 year old as number 1 or number 2 ruck
1 x 30+ year old veteran either leading the rucks or playing support role during games and at training.

Our list management committee seem to think this is more difficult to manage than managing a trillion dollar public company.
So we keep Ryder, Howard and Ladhams and out list isn't as dire as it looks now.

So we keep Ryder, Howard and Ladhams and out list isn't as dire as it looks now.
Not necessarily. As much as I like Ryder I have no problem with trading him out, provided we for several seasons had a ruck profile of Lycett turns 30 this year, Ladhams is 24, Hayes who turns 23 in June, and Visentini as a 19 year old and we played 2 rucks at a time and we gave the young guys a go if they were in form.

I can live with a 1,2,1,0 age bracket profile instead of 0,2,1,1 as Ryder's achilles is an issue.

But getting rid of Howard to use the draft pick for him and effectively replace him with Williams, whose fitness level is more Carl Williams' than Carl Lewis', is a grossly incompetent list management decision.

I wish Pete all the best and great to see him have an impact Friday night.

I am going off topic but I sadly believe that a lot of our kids are just damaging their careers at Ports.

Ken would have just made him a full time sub or played him out of position.

I think of just some of the below stupidity and it frustrates me how he can be regarded as a coach.

Boak - Midfielder but was reinvented as a HFF and didn’t look up to AFL standard. It took Ken two years to get it.

Wingard - AA small forward and Ken persisted with playing him in the midfield whilst playing Sam Gray forward.

Jacko - Defender forever forward, even losing Jonas for 2017 EF and being defenders short Ken was too proud to bring him in against the Twin towers. Played Impey as West Coast piled on the first 6 goals.

Dougs - Exciting key defender, Ken forced forward for some reason. Not sure if it was to make room for Jack Watts/Bailey Fritsch. Anyway, we traded him away for some basketball cards and Jack Watts retired not long after.

There are probably more but these ones piss me off as he is so stubborn and persists for so long.

The midfield forward invention is rinse and repeat too.

Sam Gray - Got 5 Brownlow votes in his first two games as a midfielder, persisted with him out of position as a forward for 3 years.

Sam Mayes - Key forward, WTF.

We have had some young small forwards on our list who get cut after a year or two yet we persist with trying to turn a midfielder into a forward.

I get that it can work with defenders as Hinkley was a half back flanker chipscab himself but being a goal kicking forward is a special trait to have.

I wish Pete all the best and great to see him have an impact Friday night.

I am going off topic but I sadly believe that a lot of our kids are just damaging their careers at Ports.

Ken would have just made him a full time sub or played him out of position.

I think of just some of the below stupidity and it frustrates me how he can be regarded as a coach.

Boak - Midfielder but was reinvented as a HFF and didn’t look up to AFL standard. It took Ken two years to get it.

Wingard - AA small forward and Ken persisted with playing him in the midfield whilst playing Sam Gray forward.

Jacko - Defender forever forward, even losing Jonas for 2017 EF and being defenders short Ken was too proud to bring him in against the Twin towers. Played Impey as West Coast piled on the first 6 goals.

Dougs - Exciting key defender, Ken forced forward for some reason. Not sure if it was to make room for Jack Watts/Bailey Fritsch. Anyway, we traded him away for some basketball cards and Jack Watts retired not long after.

There are probably more but these ones piss me off as he is so stubborn and persists for so long.

The midfield forward invention is rinse and repeat too.

Sam Gray - Got 5 Brownlow votes in his first two games as a midfielder, persisted with him out of position as a forward for 3 years.

Sam Mayes - Key forward, WTF.

We have had some young small forwards on our list who get cut after a year or two yet we persist with trying to turn a midfielder into a forward.

I get that it can work with defenders as Hinkley was a half back flanker chipscab himself but being a goal kicking forward is a special trait to have.
Stopped reading this at the Wingard bit. Gun midfielder, hasn't been any good whatsoever up forward since about 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see anything in tonight's game that makes me miss ladhams too much. Plenty of clangers and poor efforts in amongst the good plays.
Same, there were a few moments last night were I thought we aren't missing much.

Players have their ups and downs, but with Finlayson finding some form and Hayes continuing to improve, this thread hasn't aged well.