News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Rendall called Rucci out on SEN today over the Peter Ladhams trade to Sydney. Basically said that Ladhams and SPP went on a massive bender after the Geelong semi final win. Said port tried to get rid of both players after that.

Rucci tried to play dumb like he didn't know but was forced to admit that he did.

Anyway that was the first I'd heard about it so for all those that wondered why Ladhams was traded, then there it is....it was his final strike.

Lucky for us that no other club wanted SPP other than for nothing otherwise he'd be gone too. Fortunately, he seems to have finally got his act together.
so Ken lied when he said it was the perfect build-up to the prelim? why am i not surprised.

If you can't go on a bender with a week off when can you?
the way they played it looks like they were all on benders. Personally i couldnt care less if they took benders every week as long as they do their job on the field. this presumption that afl footballers are to be role models for the community is a load of garbage, you give me the best clean skin in the afl and i bet you they have skeletons in the cupboard, or they have views or morals i dont agree with. Im not saying to my kids 'lets aspire to be hypocritical smooth talkers that say what's needed to look good to the public' then go out and do the opposite. Im saying to my kids 'sack Ken' because he a lying dog. Give me truth and transparency anyday over smiley face mumbo-jumbo.

Personally i couldnt care less if they took benders every week as long as they do their job on the field. this presumption that afl footballers are to be role models for the community is a load of garbage

It's not about being role models though is it

Going on benders affects performance

It's not about being role models though is it

Going on benders affects performance
This is the one that matters. Footballers are paid a s**t ton, of which part of the price is to keep their bodies in a condition that requires sacrifice in what they can eat, drink and partake in, if they want to play at their peak level. If they don't want to pay that price, play at a lower level for much less. When the retire they can go to the Darren Jarman school for 'Those who can kick a footy, but don't yet eat 12000 calories a day'.

The professionalism thing is applied selectively and with a low bar. If you set the bar for professionalism at Travis Boak (which is where it should be set) then how many of our players would get over it? Not many, if any, is my guess.

So in the end I don't think it's really about professionalism affecting performance, because they don't set a very high standard for professionalism to begin with. It's more about insubordination.

The professionalism thing is applied selectively and with a low bar. If you set the bar for professionalism at Travis Boak (which is where it should be set) then how many of our players would get over it? Not many, if any, is my guess.

So in the end I don't think it's really about professionalism affecting performance, because they don't set a very high standard for professionalism to begin with. It's more about insubordination.
i use to get a 007 for insubordination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Rendall called Rucci out on SEN today over the Peter Ladhams trade to Sydney. Basically said that Ladhams and SPP went on a massive bender after the Geelong semi final win. Said port tried to get rid of both players after that.

Rucci tried to play dumb like he didn't know but was forced to admit that he did.

Anyway that was the first I'd heard about it so for all those that wondered why Ladhams was traded, then there it is....it was his final strike.

Lucky for us that no other club wanted SPP other than for nothing otherwise he'd be gone too. Fortunately, he seems to have finally got his act together.
We beat Geelong in the QF and had the SF off. If they went on a bender the night of the QF or the next night, its not like they hadn't recovered for the PF. Where they carrying injuries after the QF?

Recall seeing Choppy on Hindley St about 4am 6 days prior to winning the Norm Smith in 2004.

Saying that, Pep and Pete were in the wrong. How hard is to hold out a couple of weeks and then go full Bailey Smith, with a medal around your neck.
The smart ones get pissed at home or at a close friends place & you never hear about it.

Recall seeing Choppy on Hindley St about 4am 6 days prior to winning the Norm Smith in 2004.

Saying that, Pep and Pete were in the wrong. How hard is to hold out a couple of weeks and then go full Bailey Smith, with a medal around your neck.
Would of been the same night I seen him and Brogan lol

Would of been the same night I seen him and Brogan lol
I assume that was Friday night / Saturday morning a few hours after we beat St Kilda. Fair enough it was a bloody pressure cooker game and no wonder they blew the lid off. If it was 24 hours later I would have beem worried.