News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP offers more around the ground and as much in the Ruck as Pete. Pete shouldn't be judged on his ruck work nobody here has ever rated him as a Ruck he's a tall mid.

He lost position & tap outs to Silvagni lmao he was soft as all fukc
Have people just realised this about Ladhams? Ladhams is tall and plays small that's about it. He was never this elite ruck that people made him out to be. For me it's no coincidence Marshall is blossoming with Ladhams out of the way in the forward line.

Have people just realised this about Ladhams? Ladhams is tall and plays small that's about it. He was never this elite ruck that people made him out to be. For me it's no coincidence Marshall is blossoming with Ladhams out of the way in the forward line.

I don't think anyone ever said ladhams was an elite ruck. Hayes is way way better as a ruckman.

But ladhams still has potential around the ground, if he could get his rucking up to at least "serviceable" I still think he's handy.

Until we see a consistent run of games for Sinn we won’t be able to judge the success of the Ladhams trade.
Sinn could turn into Chris Judd and it doesn’t validate the decision to trade a first 22 player for less than peanuts after talking him up as worth a high pick at the same time you’re making it clear you want him out of the club.

I've taken extra notice since I lost Grundy in my draft fantasy and had to pick him up his last 3wks have been s**t house.
Won't be surprised if he's drop next WK.
But still should of got more in return nothing will change that.

Regardless of whether it was worth keeping Ladhams or not every other club with a spine would have gotten value for Ladhams.

Richmond got pick ******* 20-22 in this draft for Coleman-jones, a player who had shown less than half of what Ladhams has, was out of contract, and can’t even make the side in a s**t awful north Melbourne team.

It was an almighty cluster* by our football department, and nothing after the fact will
Change that.

Still worth more than a 4 pick upgrade, which we only did with Sydney because they gave us Aliir for bugger all and we're super nice like that.

I don't think anyone ever said ladhams was an elite ruck. Hayes is way way better as a ruckman.

But ladhams still has potential around the ground, if he could get his rucking up to at least "serviceable" I still think he's handy.
if Hayes can get his around the ground to serviceable he is elite...

I love how people in here say in one sentence that his ruck work isn’t very good and he could still be serviceable at best, but then in the following sentence say we got peanuts for him.

We identified Sinn and wanted him badly. We weren’t getting him without this trade. I have no issues with that. We also got Finlayson for him don’t forget with that future 3rd. Right now on form I would have done a straight swap for Finlayson with Ladhams.

We won this trade. Simple as that.

Trouble with Ladhams is that he is a midfielder in a ruckmans body, He has no physical presence , is easily pushed of the ball and cant overhead mark. Until he develops some mongrel which Sydney may help with and develops a physical aspect to his game , he will remain a frustrating hybrid who does some good but then follows it up with crap. Continues to be a very frustrating player to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how people in here say in one sentence that his ruck work isn’t very good and he could still be serviceable at best, but then in the following sentence say we got peanuts for him.

We identified Sinn and wanted him badly. We weren’t getting him without this trade. I have no issues with that. We also got Finlayson for him don’t forget with that future 3rd. Right now on form I would have done a straight swap for Finlayson with Ladhams.

Yea nah we win the trade because we got Finlayson for unders not because the Ladhams trade in it’s own was good or even fair

In fact the timing of the finlayson trade took even more bargaining power from our hand because it was obvious to everyone (except Ken Oaths True believers) that Ladhams was going

Ladhams is a ruck/forward Hybrid not a ruck his best games for us were when he could support Slyce and Charlie not pure ruck or forward so it’s not a surprise he’s not great at either when forced to play 100% in that role

I dispute those statements

There’s no evidence that we couldnt have traded up from our pick to west coasts pick with the second rounder we offered or manufactured a deal. This deal wasn’t dependent on taking a s**t deal from Sydney.

We got finlayson with a 3rd rounder. It was not dependent on losing Ladhams. We could have used any 3rd rounder.

Neither of those deals were dependent on letting Ladhams go for unders.

We might think differently about Ladhams after watching Biclavs run off of Hayes for 4 quarters.

Then again if Hayes can dominate the taps and the aerial contests we might not care

Sinn could turn into Chris Judd and it doesn’t validate the decision to trade a first 22 player for less than peanuts after talking him up as worth a high pick at the same time you’re making it clear you want him out of the club.
No Way Reaction GIF by Miami HEAT

Matt Rendall called Rucci out on SEN today over the Peter Ladhams trade to Sydney. Basically said that Ladhams and SPP went on a massive bender after the Geelong semi final win. Said port tried to get rid of both players after that.

Rucci tried to play dumb like he didn't know but was forced to admit that he did.

Anyway that was the first I'd heard about it so for all those that wondered why Ladhams was traded, then there it is....it was his final strike.

Lucky for us that no other club wanted SPP other than for nothing otherwise he'd be gone too. Fortunately, he seems to have finally got his act together.

Matt Rendall called Rucci out on SEN today over the Peter Ladhams trade to Sydney. Basically said that Ladhams and SPP went on a massive bender after the Geelong semi final win. Said port tried to get rid of both players after that.

Rucci tried to play dumb like he didn't know but was forced to admit that he did.

Anyway that was the first I'd heard about it so for all those that wondered why Ladhams was traded, then there it is....it was his final strike.

Lucky for us that no other club wanted SPP other than for nothing otherwise he'd be gone too. Fortunately, he seems to have finally got his act together.
Yet both were selected and played in the prelim.

The why was traded, not the why of accepted a soggy half-eaten sandwich for him. Port are so bad at this. The club walks into trades reeking of desperation to off load a player, rather than ‘We reluctantly will give <x> an opportunity elsewhere, but only if we get a decent return’.