Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

Wosh how are your fruit trees going, I’m looking at a great pear crop this year and my quince tree has gone absolutely crazy. Also I have 9 chooks now 🥰

Wosh how are your fruit trees going, I’m looking at a great pear crop this year and my quince tree has gone absolutely crazy. Also I have 9 chooks now 🥰
Oh man the cherries, apples, pears and especially the plums this year are mad! So many blossoms and the neighbours bee colony came over and did their work!
I’ll take some photos tomorrow. Do you make quince jam? I’m not a fan but my bro in law loves his quince tree and it’s overflowing this year.

Chookies 😍 my daughter has 5 now so I live vicariously through hers.

Do you make quince jelly? And share it with your friends?

Do you make quince jelly? And share it with your friends?
My wife makes quince paste and shares it around I’m not a big fan of it, will give a heap of quinces to the hospital auxiliary group so they make stuff to sell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have not been able to garden or cook for that matter for a while. Wandered outside on Sunday and saw the cherry still had some blossom and both apples (espaliered) were covered in blossom. So nice. Garden is a complete disaster, so the guy Who helps out will have a full day or so.

I damn well forgot to get him to plant the broad beans that are really vital for the sandy bayside soil. So I am going to plant stacks of Russel Lupins among the tomato and corn seedlings. Hopefully that works as a nitrogen and structure fix.

Not cooking has made me bloody lazy, so I am setting at least one doable project per day.

Tomorrow I am gunna make Hasselback spud bake loaded with cream and parmigianno. If I still have some duck or tuna confit lurking in the freezer I will chuck in that instead of bacon.

Wednesday I will make some tarte tatin.

For the first time in ages I am totally out of preserved fruit in brandy and pickled spiced fruit. So I have ordered in kilos of small pears and some brandy. Thursday is fruit day.

Have not been able to garden or cook for that matter for a while. Wandered outside on Sunday and saw the cherry still had some blossom and both apples (espaliered) were covered in blossom. So nice. Garden is a complete disaster, so the guy Who helps out will have a full day or so.

I damn well forgot to get him to plant the broad beans that are really vital for the sandy bayside soil. So I am going to plant stacks of Russel Lupins among the tomato and corn seedlings. Hopefully that works as a nitrogen and structure fix.

Not cooking has made me bloody lazy, so I am setting at least one doable project per day.

Tomorrow I am gunna make Hasselback spud bake loaded with cream and parmigianno. If I still have some duck or tuna confit lurking in the freezer I will chuck in that instead of bacon.

Wednesday I will make some tarte tatin.

For the first time in ages I am totally out of preserved fruit in brandy and pickled spiced fruit. So I have ordered in kilos of small pears and some brandy. Thursday is fruit day.
it doesn't take long for a garden to be a disaster, i've had alot more motivation for my garden in the last few months and it's looking pretty good.

on the topic of food i tried a french pastry called canele the other day and it was awesome

Has anyone ever had a raspberry syrup + gingerbeer float? I've got this recipe and am dithering as to whether I take the plunge when the raspberries come into season. LOZ, just remembered I can buy frozen berries these days....:embarrassedv1:

Has anyone ever had a raspberry syrup + gingerbeer float? I've got this recipe and am dithering as to whether I take the plunge when the raspberries come into season. LOZ, just remembered I can buy frozen berries these days....:embarrassedv1:

I’ve never heard of a float before, we call something like that a spider in sa. Does raspberry and ginger beer go together??

I’ve never heard of a float before, we call something like that a spider in sa. Does raspberry and ginger beer go together??
Well according to this it does but I have my doubts to be honest. Am asking if anyone's tried it...otherwise its a deep dive experiment LOL

we called them Spiders in vic back in the 80s and 90s

float is american I'm pretty sure though

Oh I still make spiders sometimes! Blue heaven in lemonade are the best!

Ruddy hell that sounds delish. Do you use a shank for the beef?
Yep, very meaty one. I actually prefer just the vegi borscht but the son in law has to have the beefy one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back