Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

They look great, mate!
Yeah been cleaning and sorting them today, some go to family, some are for our big family Xmas party on Sunday, others are in our fridge to enjoy at our leisure and the rest I pit them and freeze them for pies and cakes etc. I’ve got a sweet sweet bowl in front of me now to chill out with 🤗

Yeah been cleaning and sorting them today, some go to family, some are for our big family Xmas party on Sunday, others are in our fridge to enjoy at our leisure and the rest I pit them and freeze them for pies and cakes etc. I’ve got a sweet sweet bowl in front of me now to chill out with 🤗
Do they freeze well just for eating (like grapes)?

Wait - you can freeze grapes??????
Yep.
Wash them and pull them off their stems, delicious. They go a bit sweeter frozen so are lovely on a hot or muggy evening.

Wait - you can freeze grapes??????
You learnt this today? Frozen grapes are a fav treat in summer, the kids adore them. We used to have them in the school canteen instead of lollies

You learnt this today? Frozen grapes are a fav treat in summer, the kids adore them. We used to have them in the school canteen instead of lollies
I'm way too old to just be learning this but far out. Maybe because at our house they never lasted long enough to be frozen:tongueoutv1:

I haven’t posted here for a while but it’s been agreat summer for fruit but not great for vegis. Melbourne has had extreme weather ups and downs and wind and hail damaged tomatoes, eggplants, and most stuff. Potatoes were ok but not like the last couple of years, it’s just been too wet, and I went away for a few days and the birds ate my rockmelons. But still had plenty of things to pick and cook with :)

Spam incoming :D

IMG_4225.jpeg
IMG_4224.jpeg
IMG_4226.jpeg IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

Today I made pear cake and pickled some chillis…so I didnt waste my whole week on werewolf :p

IMG_2024-2-24-195620.jpeg

IMG_4223.jpeg IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpeg IMG_4231.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice! Much better tomatoes than mine this year.
I have tonnes of cherry tomatoes, the chickens are even sick of eating them

My sole contribution to this is receiving 8 mangoes from a friend. They're delicious and he's so far harvested about 54 mangoes off the tree, in Sydney.
I’d sell all that for 8 mangos lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back