Ovens & King football 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How did Brick win best on
I was having a chat about the BOG at the 15 min mark of the last 1/4 - a mate summed it up beautifully: "Norden or Thayer should get it, but that would require the umpires to actually think about it - so they'll just stick with something familiar and give it to Porter"

I was having a chat about the BOG at the 15 min mark of the last 1/4 - a mate summed it up beautifully: "Norden or Thayer should get it, but that would require the umpires to actually think about it - so they'll just stick with something familiar and give it to Porter"
Note , neither Norden or Thayer named in Tarra best on O&K website. Reliable advice was " Norden leading at 3/4 time , Porter good last quarter " on the umpires cards. My reply was "neither of them will get a vote on the clubs cards". Good win either way.

Congrats to Tarra, really great job & deserved premiers.
Gave Milawa's play makers no time & space. I lost count of how many times McClounan, Allan & Clarke were gang tackled.
120 minutes of manic pressure all over the ground & also played the conditions far better.
I thought their close checking game made Milawa bomb it long & lose their shape & structure which made scoring tough.
Given Milawa scored twice in an hour (middle 2 quarters) I reckon that tells you a lot about how much the opposition were switched on.

What a joke - what your saying is that they thought Norden was leading at 3/4 time - and then Porter dominated once the game was well and truly over.
No , not what I was saying. The umps put together a group of best players each quarter. Then decide on the best based on the 4 quarters. ( so even the best player on the loosing team could win.) pretty fair. Porter good all day, and as you said , game over from mid last quarter , so Norden not much to do late.
So maybe why , even at AFL , defenders find it hard to get votes? Game over , but mids and fowards very much in the game 4th quarter , defence just trying to keep warm.

Last edited:
Well played Tarra, looked like another really even team performance, kept Milawa big guns from hitting the scoreboard.

Tomorrow marks the offical start of silly season! Anyone got any solid rumours to start us off?

Hawks coach?
Where are the Glenny boys heading?

Well played Tarra, looked like another really even team performance, kept Milawa big guns from hitting the scoreboard.

Tomorrow marks the offical start of silly season! Anyone got any solid rumours to start us off?

Hawks coach?
Where are the Glenny boys heading?

Heard Norman not interested in the hawks job. Bats and Doon still to make announcements on coaches yet.

Well done to the dogs well deserved good effort to beat a powerhouse that has won 4 of its last 13 finals including its last three grand finals. Most overrated side in the country, so much top end talent no ******* heart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad I finally got a tip right for the year and tipped Tarra pretty comfortably. Milawa never looked in the game. Conditions meant pressure was king and Tarra do that better than Milawa.
Trev Edwards stepping down. Who to take over.
Jamie Allen to stay at Milawa?
Who else finishes up at the two sides. Both sides have a couple of older players. And champions which will have big impact.
Could be very open for any side next year with a couple pick ups

Glad I finally got a tip right for the year and tipped Tarra pretty comfortably. Milawa never looked in the game. Conditions meant pressure was king and Tarra do that better than Milawa.
Trev Edwards stepping down. Who to take over.
Jamie Allen to stay at Milawa?
Who else finishes up at the two sides. Both sides have a couple of older players. And champions which will have big impact.
Could be very open for any side next year with a couple pick ups

I reckon Tarra won’t have too much trouble filling Trevs Vacancy, Joel Fisher runs the bench and has senior coaching experience if a suitable candidate doesn’t present they could do worse than let him take the top job.

If Pettsy coaches Milawa he will be poplular and well liked, I’m not sure who he will bring out of Wang seconds but if they lose Allan and Mclounan and if Pell or Bomber retire they will come back to the pack a bit. However they are always good for a few key signings so don’t expect them to drop off much.

Expect that Glenrowan will have a much younger and different looking side next year as they are chasing all the rovers and Magpie thirds kids.

Bright and KV will likely be no worse off than this year with their lists and hopefully Greta and Moyhu improve to challenge the top 4. If all that happens we will have pretty healthy top 7-8 sides. It will just be the Bats hawks and Doon that are off the mark.

So coaches for 2019 anyone fill in some of the ?s.
Tarra - ?
Milawa - Ricky Petts
Benalla - Harry Moran
Glenrowan - ?
KV - ?
Bright - Dalbrosco & Mullane-Grant
Greta - Newbold
Whorouly - Meyer
Moyhu - Balf and Smith
Gbat- ?
NW- ?
Bonnie Doon - Ken Murray

Tarra - ?
Milawa - Ricky Petts
Benalla - Harry Moran
Glenrowan - ?
KV - ?
Greta - Newbold
Whorouly - Meyer
Moyhu - Balf and Smith
Gbat- ?
NW- ?
Bonnie Doon - Ken Murray

Can add Kneebone to Meyer at whorouly

Tarra - ?
Milawa - Ricky Petts
Benalla - Harry Moran
Glenrowan - ?
KV - ?
Greta - Newbold
Whorouly - Meyer
Moyhu - Balf and Smith
Gbat- ?
NW- ?
Bonnie Doon - Ken Murray

Heard Patto tell his players out on the ground after the final against Glenrowan he was staying on for 2019
What happen at Nth Wang to the so call 4 people that had approached them wanting to coach , Now I see
them advertising for a senior coach

What happen at Nth Wang to the so call 4 people that had approached them wanting to coach , Now I see
them advertising for a senior coach

Pretty sure that it's standard Club procedure to advertise regardless of interest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back