Ovens & King football 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on new coaches at Nth Wang, KV, Whorouly and Tarra?

Dont think Tarra need a new coach. I believe Trevor Edwards is still doing it. Thought that was known half way through the year. I could be wrong though.
Will be interesting what happens with a couple of the big clubs next year. Tarra have got some older players that if they lose will leave a big hole. They also have some high quality younger players so if they pick up a couple more they could improve some more. Will be tough to kick goals if Hoggan or Raven dont play. Word I am hearing is that they are both a chance to continue to play. Lachie Raven will be interesting to see what he does. Also hearing he may head to Rovers. he is a high quality player. They will be trying hard to keep him.
Milawa I believe will improve this year. They will not be happy with falling back a little this year. But they are in a similar boat. They have some high quality players coming to the end which will be very hard to replace. They need to recruit well but I believe they will and make up some ground.
Glenrowan always an unknown. could be anything at either end of scale. They could hold most of players and have a go at winning another one or they will drop off a lot. Im not going to predict anything with them as I have been wrong nearly every time I have predicted they may fall away a bit.
Think Benalla with some good man management could be the favourites leading into the season.
Any word on any other clubs? I know this is about the time of the year where navyblueman and other Greta people will be starting to get excited about there chances next year. I honestly hope one year you are right and they are competitive at top end of ladder soon. They are a good club that deserves to have a bit of finals success soon. Dont think they are that close to winning one but hopefully they are starting to get together to maybe playing a final or two.

Dont think Tarra need a new coach. I believe Trevor Edwards is still doing it. Thought that was known half way through the year. I could be wrong though.
Will be interesting what happens with a couple of the big clubs next year. Tarra have got some older players that if they lose will leave a big hole. They also have some high quality younger players so if they pick up a couple more they could improve some more. Will be tough to kick goals if Hoggan or Raven dont play. Word I am hearing is that they are both a chance to continue to play. Lachie Raven will be interesting to see what he does. Also hearing he may head to Rovers. he is a high quality player. They will be trying hard to keep him.
Milawa I believe will improve this year. They will not be happy with falling back a little this year. But they are in a similar boat. They have some high quality players coming to the end which will be very hard to replace. They need to recruit well but I believe they will and make up some ground.
Glenrowan always an unknown. could be anything at either end of scale. They could hold most of players and have a go at winning another one or they will drop off a lot. Im not going to predict anything with them as I have been wrong nearly every time I have predicted they may fall away a bit.
Think Benalla with some good man management could be the favourites leading into the season.
Any word on any other clubs? I know this is about the time of the year where navyblueman and other Greta people will be starting to get excited about there chances next year. I honestly hope one year you are right and they are competitive at top end of ladder soon. They are a good club that deserves to have a bit of finals success soon. Dont think they are that close to winning one but hopefully they are starting to get together to maybe playing a final or two.
I saw in the paper that Tarra advertised all footy coaching positions, might just be part of their constitution to advertise year on year.

As for getting excited about Gretas chances, I’m excited about a new footy season every year no matter our position on the ladder. Would love to see us play in and win a final soon, been a few years since we won one.

Nonch, have heard a few times that Brad Murray is on his way to Bright, any news..

Only wants to play in the magoos, all the good players play seniors

Rumours are that after a few to many nose beers on AFL granny day big bad dylan corcoran signed with glenrowan, i reckon this one is worth chasing up nonch

Only wants to play in the magoos, all the good players play seniors

Rumours are that after a few to many nose beers on AFL granny day big bad dylan corcoran signed with glenrowan, i reckon this one is worth chasing up nonch

Not exactly news about Crocs' ability to stuff his nose. Just another club for the King. Does what he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard corey smith and an elder statesmen of Moyhu's half back line for last 20 years joint coaches

Well you proved to be spot on.

Interesting article in the paper Nonch,
I’m not quite sure what to make of it all.

Mutually agreed to part ways after a lengthy review of the direction of recruiting and club operations or something to that effect. What does that mean?

Any talk of player movement? seems very quiet this year. Points System and Salary Cap may be making it a bit slower.
Many Teams losing any players?

Well you proved to be spot on.

Interesting article in the paper Nonch,
I’m not quite sure what to make of it all.

Mutually agreed to part ways after a lengthy review of the direction of recruiting and club operations or something to that effect. What does that mean?

I think in a nutshell, they would have lost quiet a few of the senior and seconds playing list if they didnt make a change, and Moyhu's season has been over for 2 months maybe or more, And there was no sign that recruiting had started, from what i hear

Last edited:
And I think you will find that Trevor Edwards will coach Tarra again. Great coach won't find many better around the area!

Trev is certainly well liked by everyone you talk to and obviously a good coach.

Anyone going to let on who Whorouly have lined up to coach?

Nth Wang? Haven’t heard a peep out of their camp for a while.

Glenrowan- Nig/Matt robbo?
Tarra - Trev
Blacks - Harry
Milawa - Owen and Athanitis
GBat - McKean
Moyhu - Balf/CJ Smith
Greta - Newbold
Bright- Jones

KV- Patto?
Bonnie Doon -?
Whorouly - ?
Nth Wang- ?

Trev is certainly well liked by everyone you talk to and obviously a good coach.

Tarra - Trev
Blacks - Harry
GBat - McKean
Moyhu - Balf/CJ Smith
Greta - Newbold
Bright- Jones

KV- Patto?
Bonnie Doon -?
Whorouly - ?
Nth Wang- ?
Nth wang ricky petts was a strong rumour going round, or maybe shonny vasterink might step up, would be perfect for the role

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tarra - Trev
Blacks - Harry
GBat - McKean
Moyhu - Balf/CJ Smith
Greta - Newbold
Bright- Jones

KV- Patto?
Bonnie Doon -?
Whorouly - ?
Nth Wang- ?