News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

What stopped him getting an AFL game in the back half of the year? Looks like he was kicking a fair few goals in the SANFL and you guys weren't going that well.

What stopped him getting an AFL game in the back half of the year? Looks like he was kicking a fair few goals in the SANFL and you guys weren't going that well.
I don't think they trusted him to rock up and be fit the whole game, and have written him off completely.

I don't think they trusted him to rock up and be fit the whole game, and have written him off completely.
When you think of all the banged up guys we rolled with at times as well, trust completely out the window.

At this rate if Fantasia ever plays 10 games in a season again it'll be quite a turnaround.

No doubt Janus will be telling us all next year that you need at least 2 small forwards who average 1.4 goals a game or more as the reason why we've failed to make the top 8.
Poor ken just can't catch a break

Having a break from BF has been great but when I get back to have a read and someone mentions ‘Ken’ it feels like a nightmare, hotel scene at then beginning of Apocalypse Now.

Because he only kicks goals and doesn’t “run really close to oppo players without laying a tackle” like McEntee and we all know the latter is how you should judge a forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfit and unprofessional. Looks like a skinny fat teenager. Through no coincidence gets injures more than any player you've ever seen. Must've had literally 15 quad/hamstring/calf injuries over the past 2 years. Gets back from a month out and lasts a quarter and a bit before pinging something else. All the talent in the world but he's nothing more than a tease.

Fantasia' s preparation has been more than questionable however he should've been selected after two games back in the two's. He knows where the goals are and kicks them. That's what a small forward is supposed to do, right?
Also, I'm loathe to write off players totally when we are handicapped by Hinkley and our fitness dept........with the exception of McEntee that is.

Fantasia' s preparation has been more than questionable however he should've been selected after two games back in the two's. He knows where the goals are and kicks them. That's what a small forward is supposed to do, right?
Also, I'm loathe to write off players totally when we are handicapped by Hinkley and our fitness dept........with the exception of McEntee that is.

Evans was kicking goals also, dropped twice after kicking 3 in the previous game.

Good luck to Orazio I hope things work out. A player with talent but just could not get onto the park. It makes you wonder what the Carlton medicos know that our medicos don't.
Worth a swing for no trade capital and minimum wages. I do wish we had done the same just for the even potential upside in a position we have * all depth in.

It's almost like leaving a gaping hole in different parts of the field is by design at this point
It has seemed to be the way of our list managers for years now. Have a massive hole in one area, spend an off season filling that hole with multiple options, and move on to the next hole the year after. I do wish they would balance the list out sometimes.

It has seemed to be the way of our list managers for years now. Have a massive hole in one area, spend an off season filling that hole with multiple options, and move on to the next hole the year after. I do wish they would balance the list out sometimes.
Bit like the road works around my way.
Dig holes disrupt traffic for weeks then dig the same holes up again in a couple of months.
Never ending work in progress.

Bit like the road works around my way.
Dig holes disrupt traffic for weeks then dig the same holes up again in a couple of months.
Never ending work in progress.
Forever competitive, but never too good or uncompetitive.

Just keeping their heads above water out of fear going down the ladder will kill the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back