News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

What stopped him getting an AFL game in the back half of the year? Looks like he was kicking a fair few goals in the SANFL and you guys weren't going that well.
I'd say that Hinkles had already decided to delist him and didn't want him to kick goals in a final and make him look like an idiot.

Nobody taught Fanta Pants about Ken Inkley Football Club - you play when you're crippled.

Boak telling him to go get it in a supportive way, is the honeymoon over? Is he no longer Kenergised? Is he thinking Hinkley FC ain't the Beez kneez?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Boak telling him to go get it in a supportive way, is the honeymoon over? Is he no longer Kenergised? Is he thinking Hinkley FC ain't the Beez kneez?

It's kinda ironic coming from the most professionalest preparer in footy history.

How could you not know? I mean living in ignorance because the money is good is one thing, but surely seeing his best mate & one of our greatest ever retire with jack s**t team success must resonate somewhere.

How could you not know? I mean living in ignorance because the money is good is one thing, but surely seeing his best mate & one of our greatest ever retire with jack s**t team success must resonate somewhere.
It's a cult

Boak may have only started to see it when for the first time in his career there was a bit of uncertainty over his position in the clique

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair players are professional and are happy to wish players that leave all the best. Its just a job for them you have to remember that and with the draft its rare that you play where your heart was as a youngster.

If Fantasia gets another contract well good for him. And I wish any player leaving the Ken Hinkley Football Club all the best, like any person who escapes the Church of Scientology.

Good luck to Orazio I hope things work out. A player with talent but just could not get onto the park. It makes you wonder what the Carlton medicos know that our medicos don't.
Their fitness team is headed up by Andrew Russell.

The guy who got Shaun Burgoyne through 250 games at Hawthorn, while Port thought his knee was cooked.

Maybe he still thinks Port are useless at getting players on the park.

The guy who got Shaun Burgoyne through 250 games at Hawthorn, while Port thought his knee was cooked.

There were comments at the time that Burgoyne made himself unavailable for games for Port that he probably could have played and his knee may not have been as bad as the impression he was giving.
It was also mentioned his reluctance to take the field was connected to him being overlooked for the captaincy after apparently being told by Choco he was his choice for the role.

Whether there was any truth to the above is obviously debatable, but there is little doubt Andrew Russell is much higher rated than the person doing the same role at Alberton, and it will be interesting to see if he can get Fantasia on the park and keep him there consistently.

I see Orazio has now risen to the rank of "Star" Port player in the Sunday Mail today 😳

Must have shown some superhuman form in the ten games he played for us when uninjured 🧐

Are we going to get a 4th Rounder for him for compensation or do we get buttkis?

willy-wonka-you-get-nothing-you-lose-good-day-sir.gif

Are we going to get a 4th Rounder for him for compensation or do we get buttkis?

Even a 4th this year would be something.
This is the part I don’t get. We supposedly offered him a 1 year contract. He doesn’t have the right to just find another contract somewhere and sign it as a free agent. We have to delist him for him to leave, or he goes to the draft. Did we just delist him out of the goodness of our hearts so he can get where he wants?

This is the part I don’t get. We supposedly offered him a 1 year contract. He doesn’t have the right to just find another contract somewhere and sign it as a free agent. We have to delist him for him to leave, or he goes to the draft. Did we just delist him out of the goodness of our hearts so he can get where he wants?
Yes this is what is happening. They have obviously said to him that they will delist him if he can find a better contract. All the 1 year contract stuff is just distraction for the white noise. Stinkers has quite obviously put a line through his name early in the season.

I was thinking along similar lines as I don't recall Fantasia being delisted. I think Fantasia, Hayes and Lycett are still unsigned players on our list and none of them are free agents. If we get anything it will not be much but I suspect we are entitled to some compensation as none of these guys are free agents. Carlton have picks #70 and #78 and when you don't get into the Draft until pick #73 either of those should be welcome.

Wait and see I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back