Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to labor the point because I could understand why this was posted last week but tonight was sort of what I was getting at after last week.
And what I wrote was that while he was down it would be foolish to write him off after one bad match? Not sure what point is belaboured here?

And what I wrote was that while he was down it would be foolish to write him off after one bad match? Not sure what point is belaboured here?

Just saying that he wasn’t actually THAT far off it last week, his scoreboard impact just didn’t reflect it whereas tonight it did: I think any player as cumbersome as him will often look a step off it if they aren’t having an impact on the scoreboard so your post after round one was fairly understandable but he finished his opportunities (and last week the two he gave off weren’t) that’s all. I think realistically he was probably just as slow and fumbly at times tonight but he’s often like that anyway even at his peak

Agreed. It's coming from the same bloke who defended The Last Jedi, after all.
Imagine being so offended that I liked a Star Wars movie you didn’t that you bring it up in an unrelated thread… six ******* years later :tearsofjoy:

I will forever admire Rian Johnson for hurting Star Wars nerds so much.

If he was a good honest battler, that would be one thing. But he struts around and gobs off like he's a superstar.

The gap between how good he apparently thinks he is, and how good he actually is, just makes his mediocre performances look so much worse.
This is a thread for blokes who have played on a year too many, not for which ordinary players upset me the most. There is a very obvious reason why Mason Cox is on a list - he's a capable secondary ruck and key forward, a role notorious for there not being too many good ones of. Most if not all clubs would happily list him to boost depth in those areas.

Just saying that he wasn’t actually THAT far off it last week, his scoreboard impact just didn’t reflect it whereas tonight it did: I think any player as cumbersome as him will often look a step off it if they aren’t having an impact on the scoreboard so your post after round one was fairly understandable but he finished his opportunities (and last week the two he gave off weren’t) that’s all. I think realistically he was probably just as slow and fumbly at times tonight but he’s often like that anyway even at his peak
It’s hard to say really
Riewoldt looked alright for us early in the year having some decent impact and kicking a few 3 goal games but it was as the season wore on that his downfall became more apparent especially having to play on the oppo’s best defenders with no Lynch

Although due to Hawkins sheer size he doesn’t need to necessarily rely on his speed/jumping compared to Riewoldt he may not be as prone to a similar decline

Yeah, Brodie Smith had an absolute nightmare. Rd 2 is too early to write off anyone but the signs were there that he's very close to the edge of the cliff.

I'm not sure what surprised me more in Geelong's offseason: that running machine Isaac Smith retired, or that Zach Tuohy didn't, or didn't get a tap on the shoulder.

On the latter, I love the guy, but would be amazed if he's not pushed out of the side by the second half of the season.

Imagine getting to the point of your life where players younger than you are starting to fade away.

From being as young as 10 years to players to Smith, Heppell and Titch, players younger than myself, close to the edge, that's humbling.

When Cameron smith retired from the Storm and I realised there was no professional sportsman in any of the Australian codes remaining born before me I knew it was time to reassess my life.

For the love of God, keep playing Jimmy Anderson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you're being facetious that's clearly not what we're talking about hear.

You've never sat watching a game, damn i hate that prick on the other team, and then been able to cheer extra loud when he get's run down tackled? That adds so much more to the game than if it was a bunch of robots out there.

For example when that hack Shai Bolton did his little, show the ball trick to Docherty last year. It brings me extra joy seeing him spray goal attempt after goal attempt every time now.

Dual Premiership hack if you don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure what surprised me more in Geelong's offseason: that running machine Isaac Smith retired, or that Zach Tuohy didn't, or didn't get a tap on the shoulder.

On the latter, I love the guy, but would be amazed if he's not pushed out of the side by the second half of the season.
I thought a few times last year that Tuohy was cooked
Still a decent user when he has some time but has definitely lost a bit of pace meaning he generally doesn’t have the space he needs to play at his best

Anyone in particular you have pushing him out of the 22?

Imagine being so offended that I liked a Star Wars movie you didn’t that you bring it up in an unrelated thread… six ******* years later :tearsofjoy:

I will forever admire Rian Johnson for hurting Star Wars nerds so much.
So offended that I just made a general, casual observation. Right.

Your threshold for what makes people offended seems incredibly low, much like your sense of theatre. ;)

3 kids at picks in the 20's in Goad, Will Dawson and Riley Hardeman.
double-take-what-shocked-maxwell-smart-hmxc20gvmxzd3hwa.gif

I thought a few times last year that Tuohy was cooked
Still a decent user when he has some time but has definitely lost a bit of pace meaning he generally doesn’t have the space he needs to play at his best

Anyone in particular you have pushing him out of the 22?
Given he's spending more time forward these days, I think Tuohy out, Rohan in instantly would have made us better in round 1-2. If it's an outsidish type further up the ground, Duncan or Bowes would be obvious choices. Fair chance of it being an oldie for an oldie swap, but reckon it would make us better, once some of those options are available.

This is a thread for blokes who have played on a year too many, not for which ordinary players upset me the most. There is a very obvious reason why Mason Cox is on a list - he's a capable secondary ruck and key forward, a role notorious for there not being too many good ones of. Most if not all clubs would happily list him to boost depth in those areas.
I think Cox is one of the most underrated players in the League.
Not because I think his great, but he is survivable. He seems like a player people pile on because everybody else does.
He suffers because of peoples desperate need to fit in.

When Cameron smith retired from the Storm and I realised there was no professional sportsman in any of the Australian codes remaining born before me I knew it was time to reassess my life.

For the love of God, keep playing Jimmy Anderson

Time to give up the dream of being drafted as a mature ager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back