Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If the eagles were to finish botttom again this season, would Adam Simpson be the only coach to have an achieved a Premiership and 2 wooden spoons?

No. Ron Barrassi won 3 wooden spoons as a coach. one with demons in 1981 with a 1 win season. Got spoons as the swans in 1993 and 1994 at the swans.

doesnt take away the fact we won Premierships as a coach at Carlton and North Melbourne though.

your point?

Yes Barrassi got a spoon at Sydney swans in 1993 when the swans got 1 win. Swans got another spoon in 1994 when they only got 4 wins. That swans side eventually made finals in 1996-99.

Barrassi coached the demons from 1981-1985. 1st season he got the spoon, 1 wins and 21 defeats. next 4 seasons.... demons got 8 wins in 1982, 8 wins in 1983, 9 wins in 1984 and 6 wins in 1985.

that demons side would eventually make finals in 1987-1991.

‘Is Adam Simpson the only coach to win a premiership and two wooden spoons.’

My point being that Barassi is another coach you can add to the list who has achieved that. In fact he has won more than 2 spoons.

Apologies for answering the original query.

What does sacking Simpson accomplish?

They are winning this and next year's wooden spoon even if they were coached by the best coach in the history of the AFL.

May as well let him keep losing and then sack him once they've truly bottomed out.

No point subjecting a new coach to this.

Might as well let Simpson cop the abuse and hatred from supporters instead of saddling a new coach with it.

Am I imagining this - I don’t pay a lot of close attention to the Eagles - or didn’t this ‘rot’ set in when they just lost an absolute plethora of players to injury and basically were just doomed to losing matches hand over fist anyway?

If that was the case, losing kind of becomes a habit and by the time any of those players were back they were probably past the point of being able to contribute much anyway.

It’s probably only right now that they’re reaching the stage North were at a few years ago so he’s really only starting out so he probably deserves to have the chance to start with a healthy albeit completely clueless-about-winning list

I totally get that a side that is up a long time might have a dip, but it’s still mystifying they’ve become so totally uncompetitive most weeks. It screams that there are issues off the field.

Pretty much every premiership coach in recent memory who wanted another job got one, except Mark Williams. I think his problem is that he lingered too long when Port turned crap. If Simpson doesn’t jump soon I think he’ll struggle if he wants another chance.

What does sacking Simpson accomplish?

They are winning this and next year's wooden spoon even if they were coached by the best coach in the history of the AFL.

May as well let him keep losing and then sack him once they've truly bottomed out.

No point subjecting a new coach to this.
The only thing that might make it worth considering is if the players are in silent revolt or something. Neeld, Noble, McKenna and McCartney were all removed after allegations part or all of the playing group had turned on them.

Something seems seriously not right here. I can understand a slide but it’s been a while since a premiership team became so uncompetitive after just a few years.

If they’re confident the players are fine and they are just terrible then best to let Simpson take the hits.

Am I imagining this - I don’t pay a lot of close attention to the Eagles - or didn’t this ‘rot’ set in when they just lost an absolute plethora of players to injury and basically were just doomed to losing matches hand over fist anyway?

If that was the case, losing kind of becomes a habit and by the time any of those players were back they were probably past the point of being able to contribute much anyway.

It’s probably only right now that they’re reaching the stage North were at a few years ago so he’s really only starting out so he probably deserves to have the chance to start with a healthy albeit completely clueless-about-winning list
I thought it started in 2022 when they lost availability most weeks to COVID and injury. Might have killed morale and made it futile at the time but you’d think they’d have started turning the corner by now. It’s been two years.

I totally get that a side that is up a long time might have a dip, but it’s still mystifying they’ve become so totally uncompetitive most weeks. It screams that there are issues off the field.

Pretty much every premiership coach in recent memory who wanted another job got one, except Mark Williams. I think his problem is that he lingered too long when Port turned crap. If Simpson doesn’t jump soon I think he’ll struggle if he wants another chance.

We can always swap coaches end of the year!

If Simpson wants to coach elsewhere, I think he would get a gig.

If the eagles were to finish botttom again this season, would Adam Simpson be the only coach to have an achieved a Premiership and 2 wooden spoons?

We'll set records like this because the club can ignore a lot of media because of the clubs finances. Other clubs would absolutely have sacked Simo by this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that might make it worth considering is if the players are in silent revolt or something. Neeld, Noble, McKenna and McCartney were all removed after allegations part or all of the playing group had turned on them.

Something seems seriously not right here. I can understand a slide but it’s been a while since a premiership team became so uncompetitive after just a few years.

If they’re confident the players are fine and they are just terrible then best to let Simpson take the hits.

Have you taken the time to actually look at their list?

It's absolutely disgusting. Worst of all time.

As I said before the greatest coach of all time couldn't work with this lot.

I think the injuries & COVID stuff is an excuse as every club deals with injuries.

Its a case of overrating their list, underperforming veterans who are cooked just getting a paycheck, no real youth coming through.

They won't be competing against until the 2030s.

John Worsfold is another coach with a premiership and two wooden spoons.

He coached the West Coast Eagles to the 2006 premiership and was coach of the Eagles and of Essendon when these teams were wooden-spooner in 2010 and 2016 respectively.

Chris Scott had 11 years between premierships.

Adam Simpson has until 2029 to turn fix the sinking ship!

If you haven't yet realised, the WC ship is sunk, bottomed out, scuttled, in Davy Jones locker, if they were Coles then they would be giving it away, they make Atlantis look like a mountain playground, if Chumbawamba were Weagles fans they would even be a one hit wonder etc etc ..................................

If you haven't yet realised, the WC ship is sunk, bottomed out, scuttled, in Davy Jones locker, if they were Coles then they would be giving it away, they make Atlantis look like a mountain playground, if Chumbawamba were Weagles fans they would even be a one hit wonder etc etc ..................................

Chris Scott was also a 1 hit wonder until 2022!

Adam Simpson just needs WC supporters to stop accepting uncompetitiveness .

They used to not accept mediocrity and that’s why they’ve been so good for so long ……well that’s what 99% of the supporters always used say ad nauseum.

Stop accepting uncompetitiveness and everything will just turn around !

Have you taken the time to actually look at their list?

It's absolutely disgusting. Worst of all time.

As I said before the greatest coach of all time couldn't work with this lot.
No need for hyperbole. The list is in trouble, but with Allen, Kelly, Yeo, McGovern, Barrass and young kids like Ginbey and Reid, it's hardly the worst of all time. I've seen worse in my lifetime with Melbourne and Carlton of the 00s, 10s.

Anway, coach long enough in a league built on equalisation and you'll spend time at the time and time at the bottom.

My memory is that they were fine until a couple of COVID outbreaks where they couldn't play half their list.
They never recovered.

When do North stop getting free passes because youf? They should be playing much better than they are with this amount of talent on their list.

Clarko destroyed Hawthorn's list, when will the football world wake up that he was gifted a once in a generation list?

Clarko destroyed Hawthorn's list, when will the football world wake up that he was gifted a once in a generation list?
So what your saying is if they had a better coach, they would have never lost a premiership between 2004-15 :roflv1:

Back