****Official Manchester City Football Club Thread****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m3yz1xP0W11r1182no1_500.jpg

hero. no other words.

How has the season been for you personally Mario?

"I think a lot of people talk to much and now they should shut up"

Not verbatim but close enough.

God love him. :heart:

I'm not too sure I'll be sleeping tonight.

I'm going to try now.

Great night lads, can't wait to hear from moomba tomorrow.... :D

Oh and,

It's been emotional.

CTID

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still in shock.

**** all sleep, at work absolutely knackered and can't stop smiling.

Got my old Brother sponsor shirt, Tiatto 19 shirt and current Dzeko 10 shirt hanging up in the office and a scarf around my neck.

Ya****inghoo!!!

CTID

Still buzzing and still speechless. It was gone. Dead. Buried. It'll never be repeated. Not like that.

Also at work and feeling like shit but loving every minute.

This is what we've waited for fellas. Soak it up.

Posted this in the matchday thread however I feel it's probably appropriate here too.
----------
Just watched the replay, the feeling is still surreal. I welled up again near the end. :eek:
Vinny is such an inspiring captain. There was no man more worthy to stand up there holding the cup.

A couple of things I picked up on while watching the replay:
* Paddy Kenny kept very well. His work has probably gone unnoticed because of the two he conceded late, but he kept out two very good chances from inside the 6-yard box in those last 10 or so minutes (Aguero's hit and Balotelli's header).

* In the amazing aftermath of Aguero's goal, he took his shirt off in the emotion. Is that not a yellow card every day of the week for exuberant celebrations? Obviously he couldn't have given two shits and nor did I, but I was just wondering whether the ref could have technically booked Kun for that.
---------------

On another note, what are we going to be buying to commemorate the win lads? I'm almost definitely going to preorder one of the "Champions" kits tonight. I was thinking would it be better if I just held out for next year's kit with the gold badges, but bugger it. This one is too sweet. :p Thinking of getting a badge/lapel or keyring as well. Just something trinkety that I can have on me all the time. :)
Maybe a poster too, although I'm not a massive fan of how there's a hashtag next to where it says "champions" on all the merchandise. Save that for twitter aye. I do hope there's a DVD released soon too, because I'd love to watch the game with the Sky Sports commentary. I was talking to my City-supporting mate today and we both agreed that Martin Tyler is a great caller.

I might have mentioned once or twice before that not many people follow football in my area, so I got a real kick out it when I walked down the main street of my town with my City kit proudly displayed and a couple of kids 100 metres away yelled out and fist-pumped. :thumbsu:

BLUE MOON!

P.S. Is "Australian Big Footy Time" a new time zone? :D

Should get a frame mate. They're always good, expensive but they're well worth the money.

Mmm I wish I could although being a student I probably don't have the cash. :(

What I won't like is the price of all City stuff on eBay going up. I've been checking out cheap City kits on the bay for a while now, picked up our cool black away kit from 07 a couple of months ago and I just missed out on a Wayne Bridge player issue kit that went for 15 bucks!

People will try and make money off this win no doubt.

On another note, what are we going to be buying to commemorate the win lads? I'm almost definitely going to preorder one of the "Champions" kits tonight. I was thinking would it be better if I just held out for next year's kit with the gold badges, but bugger it. This one is too sweet. :p Thinking of getting a badge/lapel or keyring as well. Just something trinkety that I can have on me all the time. :)
Maybe a poster too, although I'm not a massive fan of how there's a hashtag next to where it says "champions" on all the merchandise. Save that for twitter aye. I do hope there's a DVD released soon too, because I'd love to watch the game with the Sky Sports commentary. I was talking to my City-supporting mate today and we both agreed that Martin Tyler is a great caller.

I might have mentioned once or twice before that not many people follow football in my area, so I got a real kick out it when I walked down the main street of my town with my City kit proudly displayed and a couple of kids 100 metres away yelled out and fist-pumped. :thumbsu:
I might commemorate by finally updating my old Thomas Cook to an Etihad shirt. Have put it off long enough now. I will also be looking into a YaYa poster me thinks. The great man deserves to go up on my wall.

It's always a kick when passers by give you the thumbs up or the "go City" when they see your colours, though expect that to become alot less common once we start filling up the trophy cabinet. :)

I've watched the last 10 minutes several times now and I absolutely well up. Even my diehard United mate had to concede that this was one of the greatest footballing moments of all time that will be talked about for generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back