NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

Mam was put on report for what he said to leniu according to the telecast.

Dumb idea all round, but happy to see both the broncos and bunnies open the year with a loss.
News just reported it the other way around and the vision seemed to show Leniu remonstrating with the ref.

I enjoyed both games and thought it a good move by the NRL. Only going to get bigger.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Manly/Souths was a banger.

Thought the roosters/broncos was a lower quality overall but still not bad, might be sour grapes at my boys getting rolled.

Manly/Souths was a banger.

Thought the roosters/broncos was a lower quality overall but still not bad, might be sour grapes at my boys getting rolled.

As a south’s fan was disappointed but DCE turned it on second half. Kudos to Manly and hope Saab recovers well. Clubs will be scrambling now to play Vegas. The exposure and potential growth was massive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I'd just skim through it on kayo. Assuming majority of the crowd would be supporters of the 4 teams living and travelling over there? Interesting to know they split. Whilst personally I can't really get my head around the sport I can see this continuing into the future. Not sure if it will be as lucrative as they think but hopefully it works out.

Without knowing anything about the finances, from an optics perspective I thought 40k was about the bare minimum they needed for it to be a success. They should've been able to get that out of tourists and expats without drawing in many locals at all.

I thought it looked and sounded pretty good on tv, but commentators trying to explain empty seats when the stadium already looked fine did nothing but take away from it.

Curious to know how much the ground held as video I’ve seen from a friend there shows half the seats empty on one side and barely anybody up top.
It holds 65k.
Crowd was announced as just over 40k

Great day for RL!

The NRL wanted to do some deals and give out some freebies to locals but it was reported the stadium dont allow it?? Never heard of that before but no freebies were given out.

16K travelled (aust n uk).

24K+ Amercians....

Live on fox 1 throughout the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day for RL!

The NRL wanted to do some deals and give out some freebies to locals but it was reported the stadium dont allow it?? Never heard of that before but no freebies were given out.

16K travelled (aust n uk).

24K+ Amercians....

Live on fox 1 throughout the US.

Yeah, that doesn't mean there were 24k Americans there...

Great move by NRL

Going to Vegas, masterstroke.

It's what the AFL should of done. Not China.
Imagine choosing China over Las Vegas.
Imagine how many Aussies would travel to Vegas.

And they should of sent Collingwood
Not port and suns

Vlandys does good things.

All over social media for some reason AFL fans are taking Vegas so personally... Why?
"Comments such as 90K at the G is better then 40K at Vegas" LMFAO
"If you want to watch fast pace watch AFL"

Why are AFL fans so salty over this move? Jealousy?

Reality is AFL fans should be a little worried, for decades RL has been run by morons who ran it day to day pay check to pay check basically... Finally we have money, finally we are run by people with brains, AFL should be worried! More and more money will be pumped into neglected country areas of NSW & QLD and into juniors and expansion etc.

Last edited:
All over social media for some reason AFL fans are taking Vegas so personally... Why?
"Comments such as 90K at the G is better then 40K at Vegas" LMFAO
"If you want to watch face pace watch AFL"

Why are AFL fans so salty over this move? Jealousy?

Reality is AFL fans should be a little worried, for decades RL has been run by morons who ran it day to day pay check to pay check basically... Finally we have money, finally we are run by people with brains, AFL should be worried! More and more money will be pumped into neglected country areas of NSW & QLD and into juniors and expansion etc.
AFL wouldn’t be embraced by the Americans the way that league should be.

I say should be because I don’t know if it actually will.

hahaha salty much!
40K in Vegas + thousands and thousands of eye balls on Fox 1.

Not salty at all. What do I have to be salty about?

Just stating a fact.

With the US eyeballs V'Landys might finally have the chance at matching the AFL's broadcast deal.

Not that it's relevant, as the AFL is likely to rake in another $1b worth of infrastructure investment this next 18 months.

Not salty at all. What do I have to be salty about?

Just stating a fact.

What fact are you stating though?

24K of the 40K + Crowd was US citizens or ex pats?

45K+ tickets were sold the weather apparently was awful (Hence the roof being closed, it was never planned to close it).

This was massive... AFL wouldn't get this kind of crowd in the US! How is China going? The massive crowd of 10,000 translate to you guys taking over yet? When are the Beijing nuggets entering the AFL?

What fact are you stating though?

24K of the 40K + Crowd was US citizens or ex pats?

45K+ tickets were sold the weather apparently was awful (Hence the roof being closed, it was never planned to close it).

This was massive... AFL wouldn't get this kind of crowd in the US! How is China going? The massive crowd of 10,000 translate to you guys taking over yet? When are the Beijing nuggets entering the AFL?

My statement of fact was the ground capacity.

Lol insecure much?

Rugby League is a global game.

The AFL isn't.

It's played on the same size field as American football, the format is somewhat relatable to American Football. The is a very similar code played throughout the USA, of whom the USA already compete in World Cups in.

Of course it will be far more successful.

Still doesn't stop most NRL supporters being the most triggered bunch over the size of the sport in our own country.

I hope V'Landys is right and you rake in hundreds of millions of dollars a year extra from the USA, it will finally get you on equal footing in your own country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back