VFL Game Day Northern Bullants V Bendigo Bombers, Saturday 2nd April, Visy Park, 2:00pm (LIVE ON ABC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Northern Bullants V Bendigo Bombers, Saturday 2nd April, Visy Park, 2:00pm

I can certainly tell the difference between Jake Carlisle and Luke Davis, thanks very much. Not only do they wear different numbers (wow!) they also physically look completely different. I'm not a complete nuffie. And we're all entitled to our opinions and I thought Carlisle was average to poor for a majority of the contest yesterday and I don't particularly care what he won in some underage competition... this is VFL standard now and playing with the big boys and he was comprehensively beaten. It's not the end of the world, it was only one game but I personally think he is better suited forward and will improve as a result.

Fair enough everyone sees things how they see them, i though he was Ok but nothing great given Casbolt kicked 3 goals but one could also say he struggled given big Levi did not play a bad game either.

Just want to mention Quinn, now i do not agree with a couple people saying he is below VFL standard, he is not. He is a very good VFL player. Yes he made some mistake yesterday and Saad beat him but one of Quinns short falls is reading the ball through the air so he was never going to be a good match up on Saad.

Quinn does not make any more mistakes than a lot of other good VFL players but that is what they are VFL players, they make mistakes because they are not as good as AFL players.

IMO he will not be an AFL player, he goes hard but you can not play AFL if you can not read the ball in the air. You can find dozens of flankers better than him.
He is in his last years as a rookie so he will probably be delisted at the end of the year.

#### me that's depressing reading all that.

We better hope to Christ that we don't get injuries to senior mids.

Prismall...if he hasn't got it by now he never will. He's not a young inexperienced player any more.

Dyson....offers nothing.

Colyer....our only hope. Wish he was 3 inches taller but.

Good to hear Gumbleton get another game under his belt Won't be long before he's back in the 1sts.

Ahhhh....back to Prismall...I got so excited when we got him...it's all just gunna fizzle out.:eek:

Prismall...if he hasn't got it by now he never will. He's not a young inexperienced player any more.

Colyer....our only hope. Wish he was 3 inches taller but.

Ahhhh....back to Prismall...I got so excited when we got him...it's all just gunna fizzle out.:eek:

Colyer would be a quality player if he could dispose of the ball under pressure. Height has nothing to do with it.

But you know, Colyer isn't 20 yet. He is the same age as Melksham. He has time to learn that ability. I one of his biggest critics on this forum, but he's not going to make it or fail based on height.

I wouldn't write Prismall off yet either. He will never be the star some thought he would be, but he can still improve. He peak might be in front of him, though I expect he can hope for Stanton's current output at his best.

Colyer would be a quality player if he could dispose of the ball under pressure. Height has nothing to do with it.

But you know, Colyer isn't 20 yet. He is the same age as Melksham. He has time to learn that ability. I one of his biggest critics on this forum, but he's not going to make it or fail based on height.

I wouldn't write Prismall off yet either. He will never be the star some thought he would be, but he can still improve. He peak might be in front of him, though I expect he can hope for Stanton's current output at his best.

Yer, only having a dig at the little fellow, not saying he's going to fail because of his height. I really like his attack on the ball and his willingness to go in hard every time. I agree, polish up the skills and he will be a handy player.

Prismall-wish he had half of Colyer's guts.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but at this stage I don't believe Prismall is going to make it-not even as an average player.

But again, hope I'm wrong. We need him to improve-NOW!

A few random observations -

I must of been watching a different game because Quinn is absolutely, completely f****** useless. He shouldn't be playing for Craigieburn Thirds let alone an AFL reserves team. Terrible decision maker, questionable disposal in all areas, has no pace and adds absolutely nothing to the side. We should end this farce now. I would prefer we invest some time in some local Bendigo 17 or 18 year old lad than Quinn. Will not be on an AFL list in 2012. I'm sure he is a great guy behind the scenes and I'm trying hard not to get too personal, but he should not be playing for Essendon or Bendigo ever again and shouldn't of been here in the first place.

So Macca, i take it you're a big fan of Quinn then??!! :D:D

Anyone who maintains 'Quinn has no pace' certainly rates somewhere on the scale, Macca.

As ant said though, Quinn will get reamed playing seniors cos they'll drag him to the goal line and find him out overhead. Long odds at this stage. Lack of pace never his problem, he's quick at AFL level let alone VFL.

Got no idea what they were thinking playing Carlisle in defence.
Maybe "we need someone tall to play in defence because our first tall back and our third tall back are broken" ?

Just throwing it out there...

Or maybe "we would like to see if he can develop to play tall back in seniors" ?

Throwing it out there...

Carlisle had to play back with Steinberg, Gumbleton and Little the main forward targets. Neagle and Carlisle had to play back there and both got towelled up. I dare say it would have been worse if any of the other 3 were in the same position as Neagle and Carlisle.

I think we are now seeing exactly why Geelong played Prismall as a 'rotation' rather than a fully fledged midfielder. Spent a lot of his time across half forward/forward pocket from what I recall.

Wonder if we could bring him in to play the role Zaharakis is currently struggling with?

Also, cannot faulter Colyer's endeavour. Will give you 110% every time. If he can stick within his limitations then he could be a more than handy player whilst Dyson showed why on the weekend why he is one of our better back flankers with his kicking a feature out of defence.

Carlisle back may also have had something to do with the fact that Neagle is struggling and we only have one Trent Shinners at Bendigo, so really he (Carlisle) had to play back.

Would like to see Quinn stick around with Bendigo as a captain or in a leadership role if he were to dissapointingly be delisted. He, as some have mentioned is quite a good VFL player and if many have been to Bendigo games is actually quite vocal (you cant miss the Irish accent :D).

I actually think that Bendigo's problem this season, and in recent seasons is the quality of Bendigo listed players. The output that Duscher, Liddle, Little has actually been quite poor whilst Shinners, Freezer and the ruckmen Tommy Campbell can hold their heads up high. Cant put to much pressure on the younger Bendigo guys like Page and Dennis.

The unity is something that has worried me a little bit, the "play for yourself" mentality, the simple fact that the Essendon game plan is to highly skilled for VFL football, the cows on the paddock may simply not be up to it, it is a combination of many things but I do think we need to change something if we are to really push for a top 4 spot. I know it is early days,but there is some worrying signs with Bendigo this year to date.

Reasonably certain Carlisle playing back would be an Essendon decision not a Bendigo one. Result really not important. Development priority #1. Carlisle back a good example of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Bendigo vs North Ballarat Live on ABC now...

Agreed, i have been impressed with reimers. He looks switched on and pretty fit..his name should be at the top of the list for a recall.

What happened to Gumby? He just disappeared from the game.

Reimers great turn and goal, left 3 players confused. Looks a class above. Havent seen Gumbleton much, Prismall quiet, and havent seen Colyer either. Though i think he was named emergency and perhaps is not playing or ive missed him.

Missed the first few mins but I haven't sighted Gumby at all in the 1st qtr unfortunately. As the others have said, Reimers hasnt had a heap of it but when he's gotten near it he's looked head and shoulders above this level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back