VFL Game Day Round 12: Carlton vs Essendon, Princes Park, Sunday 11/06/2023 @ 2:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

So playing young forwards in defence or young midfielders off the half back line early in their careers isn't a thing then?

What if they want to fast track his tank so they are putting him on ball?
Or they want him to get his hands on it and bit more?

There are plenty of reasons why younger players might spend time in different positions.
Come on That’s totally different, a mid playing off half back which is moreorless just another mid spot is nowhere near playing a lanky 6’6 kid as an onballer when he’s never played in that position before and trains as a defender during the week.
Cox needs to be settled in the backline for an extended period

I don’t really care. Is this game helping him get some confident in the role he’ll play in the afl side. No
So is it helping his development, no

If you wanna keep calling him a unicorn then it pays for him to learn lessons around the ground. Some of the best lessons that I've learned in my own profession was when I was pinch hitting in different areas, all lessons I then applied to my regular role.

Sometimes you need that variety and more strings to your bow. I think Cox's main objective at the moment isn't positioning but getting more consistency into him and generating a bigger tank. Because let's be honest, he's not gonna be in the VFL side for much longer, it's in the AFL side that he will learn his best role.

i Don’t care about Elijah’s size. That can come.
his intent with his defensive play concerned me a little last year.
zak butters is a little fella but competitiveness always unquestioned
elijah can and will have to be a bit better with this part of his game but he has a lot of natural talent.

We shut down their run off half back well that quarter. Midfield, despite being makeshift is doing well.

Hunter and Jorgensen are very dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone at the game I've set up close to the bar
So have I but a totally different bar 👍
Enjoying a few cold ones on the harbour savouring another Panthers win 🙂

I was on board with giving Voss a debut earlier this year, but Hunter 1.5 games in already looks like he has a better understanding of leading patterns and can affect aerial contests better.

Voss looks alright when the ba hits a deck, but that puts him in the Stringer/Langford category more than the KPF mold and would explain why he hasn't played.

I know he’s going to get stronger after a few more pre-seasons but nearly six quarters in and he hasn’t even looked close to being able to stick a tackle.

Especially compared to the physicality being displayed at AFL level by Sheezel/Wardlaw/Humphries/Ginbey/Phillipou at AFL level.

I’m not saying he’s soft, a dud or anything like that, he’s clearly willing to cop a hit but I still concerned with how far back his physicality is compared to his peers.

Whether those concerns are unfounded remains to be seen.
not an expert but probably hard to build strength when your back’s all ****ed up, he’d be a few steps behind gym-wise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back