VFL Game Day Round 10: Essendon vs Box Hille, Hangar, Sunday 28/05/23 @ 1:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

My man Jorgesen has been impressive ant555

If we get more out of our AFL listed guys we'd be well and truly in this but at the moment the VFL guys are holding the ship together at the moment.

Voss has been super impressive working up the ground and his pressure is as good as I've seen it, perceived and physical.

I think it's safe to say the McBride experiment will be done at the end of the year.
I think someone should rookie Jorgenson. You are right about McBride he has gone backwards.

Not sure what is going on with Wanganeen but he just can not get into the game . Has been the same story most of the year. Maybe they need to give him a go in the back half.

I think someone should rookie Jorgenson. You are right about McBride he has gone backwards.
He should have been kept forward. His 4-5 games forward in year 2 was better than anything else he's produced

travelling emergency? Thought I saw him signing footballs in the middle of the ground post match last night might explain it

Yeah he definitely flew over with the team

Often they will fly the non-playing emergencies back quickly if they’re not needed and the VFL is the next day. But maybe they thought might game in Perth, too tight of a turnaround? Not sure

To the knob commentator wondering why we would not play all our games at Tulla and not WH going forward . Tulla is not user friendly for spectators . I have to have a crack at what we have done as far as seating goes. How much did we pay the landscape designers to build the rocks with seating on them ? It is a footy ground not a back yard in Brighton ! concrete bas and some basic seats would have done. As for the new sails. Waste of time on that side of the ground.

Last edited:
To the knob commentator wondering why we would not play all our games at Tulla and not WH going forward . Tulla is not user friendly for spectators . I have to have a crack at what we have done as far as seating goes. How much did we pat the landscape designers to build the rocks with seating on them ? It is a footy ground not a back yard in Brighton ! concrete bas and some basic seats would have done. As for the new sails. Waste of time on that side of the ground.
A lot more effort needs to be put into the hanger for the fan experience

This game is over. Box Hill just too strong and more polished .

Nick Cox . Played around 60% game time. 16 possessions and 3 marks down back. Good enough return game.

Hayes . Did a few nice things . Still leanring.

Baldwin. Was solid enough . Did not do a lot wrong defensively .

Lord . Same as he always is.

Monty . very good first half.

Voss . Thought he worked a bit harder to get out on the lead. Goal kicking was way off.

Wanganeen . Struggled to get into the game early. Was better in the second half but has to be more involved. No tackles is an issue. Guys like Sam Conforti continually find more of the footy and have more impact .

McBride. Treading water. Has not really shown anything as a defender.

This game is over. Box Hill just too strong and more polished .

Nick Cox . Played around 60% game time. 16 possessions and 3 marks down back. Good enough return game.

Hayes . Did a few nice things . Still leanring.

Baldwin. Was solid enough . Did not do a lot wrong defensively .

Lord . Same as he always is.

Monty . very good first half.

Voss . Thought he worked a bit harder to get out on the lead. Goal kicking was way off.

Wanganeen . Struggled to get into the game early. Was better in the second half but has to be more involved. No tackles is an issue. Guys like Sam Conforti continually find more of the footy and have more impact .

McBride. Treading water. Has not really shown anything as a defender.
Would you look at any of the Hawkes for recruiting, Long or the big guy maybe?

Would you look at any of the Hawkes for recruiting, Long or the big guy maybe?
Long is on the Hawks list so you would have to trade for him at the end of the year.
Callum Brown has been very good for them all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back