North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Was also at Anzac game. Ttu looked really good and seemed to run and spread well. Ttu seemed to be fitter and out classed and out ran rosedale. In saying that rosedale have played 3 games in 11 days. Not ideal start to the year and talking to a couple of rosedale people that it had taken its toll on the players.

i am starting believe you guys do not believe rersults and are very very parochial . sale to beat woodside i would love to be your bookie .
Hahahaha... Thats why I dont back the horses VICMAN. I take your point about Woodside, having not hearing much about them preseason other than they have recruited well, their start will make everyone sit up and take notice.... Good on them and I hope they have a ripper season.

I too was at the ANZAC day clash and was impressed with the speed of the game. Both teams looked very quick through the middle and in their forward lines. I dont think Rosedale will be too dissapointed as they had a few big names out, and as wanyen has said "3 games in 11 days" is not ideal.

3 winners only - This week

Cowwarr at home narrowly over Boisdale/Briag.
TTU by 8 Pts at home over Glen
Rosedale by 48 pts v Gormy
Woodside.... Just, in the match of the day over Churchill
Heyfield too strong for Sale City

As always depth will be the issue at Woodside, there seconds are hopeless but it is great to see the good early form though. When Trav Ronaldson had them flying a few years back, injuries came and really cut them down. There top six are as good as anyone in the league and if you don't give them the respect they deserve then you will pay.

Mind you I wonder who played on Staley as I am sure he wouldnt have kicked 11 if Dale Patterson was playing, Churchill were also missing Jenkins and Brendan Holt.

The test will come for Woodside this week who play Heyfield at home, this should be a cracker going on form.

Jacob Mowat (Former Traralgon, West Adelaide and Knox midfielder) to play for Rosedale this week onwards.

Also hearing Steve Pollard has requested a clearance to Boisdale after being dropped to the seconds at Sale.

Jacob Mowat (Former Traralgon, West Adelaide and Knox midfielder) to play for Rosedale this week onwards.

Also hearing Steve Pollard has requested a clearance to Boisdale after being dropped to the seconds at Sale.
That would be amazing if that is true. He has played 4 senior games in the past 3 years, surely he can't be surprised to have been dropped?

P.S. there is no clearance on the website for him.

That would be amazing if that is true. He has played 4 senior games in the past 3 years, surely he can't be surprised to have been dropped?

P.S. there is no clearance on the website for him.

ttu44 Mowat was a good player for Rosedale before leaving after losing to Cowwarr I think in 2006?? Is a Rosedale boy through and through though, so makes sense.

The clearances website for NGFNL is not automatically updated, so I guess that it hasn't been manually updated from the NGFNL administration.

As for Steve Pollard my source is a Boisdale player, I never said that his reason was after being dropped, I said that he has requested a clearance after being dropped to the seconds, I have no idea why, or even if it is related to playing seconds???

5 from 5 last week:D.... The same again this week I hope:thumbsu:.

TTU 45 point winners against Bois/Briag
Churchill by 3 points against Rosedale
Sale City by 11 pts at home in an upset win against Cowwarr
Heyfield and Woodside will draw
Gormandale to narrowly take the points and get off the mark against Glengarry

Chocolates to boiled lollies... 2 out of five o_O.

Tough contest out at Glengarry today... Daniel Risol BOG for mine, but he had plenty of mates busting their guts for the win. Tim Fitch, Luke Hegarty, Sam Marks were tough when it really mattered, I could go on as the whole team wanted it more today... Glen just seemed to be going through the motions after half time and even though the margin was only 12 pts in the end, Ryan Potter would be furious with some of the efforts this afternoon..... If they don't improve dramatically it will be Glengarry for the wooden spoon this season I'm afraid.

Tips for this week;
Gormy
Churchill
Rosedale
TTU
Heyfield

Here's something to ponder over - The 4 players who would be missed the most (not necessarily the best), in no particular order.

Heres my attempt:cool:

Churchill – Darby, Brighton, Whykes, Holt
Bois/BriagHelmke, Gooch, Pratt, Sim
Rosedale – Flannigan, Caldwell, J Mowat, Cantwell
Glengarry – Potter, King, McMahon, Little
Woodside – Staley, Michaelides, Norman, Scholz
TTU – Stolarczyk, Graham, Middleton, G Sinclair
Heyfield – Dowse, Cox, Bedggood, Anderson
Gormandale – Risol, Domaille, Solomon, Henry
Sale City – Lutze, Grainger, Shingles, Broadbent
Cowwarr – Johnston, Sandy, Stasinowsky, Cooper

Tips for this week;
Gormy
Churchill
Rosedale
TTU
Heyfield

Here's something to ponder over - The 4 players who would be missed the most (not necessarily the best), in no particular order.

Heres my attempt:cool:

Churchill – Darby, Brighton, Whykes, Holt
Bois/BriagHelmke, Gooch, Pratt, Sim
Rosedale – Flannigan, Caldwell, J Mowat, Cantwell
Glengarry – Potter, King, McMahon, Little
Woodside – Staley, Michaelides, Norman, Scholz
TTU – Stolarczyk, Graham, Middleton, G Sinclair
Heyfield – Dowse, Cox, Bedggood, Anderson
Gormandale – Risol, Domaille, Solomon, Henry
Sale City – Lutze, Grainger, Shingles, Broadbent
Cowwarr – Johnston, Sandy, Stasinowsky, Cooper

I think Boisdale would miss Nicoll Sandison alot more than Pratt??

But all in all a good attempt, I think it is fair to say take a key back, a key forward and the two best mids and any side is on trouble...

Not real good this week BB50 !!! I saw City V Gormy. City now a bit more settled and will be more competitive from here on in. Some of their younger players now adjusted to senior tempo. Also have some real size to compete.

Saw a D.Stubbe played for Heyfield in the 2's on the weekend!! Kicked three and named in the best...

A good win for the seniors, with Heyfield missing a few I thought Tyers might roll them...anyone at the game that can give us a report??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I have no idea if it is one off or what his plans/shifts are for work etc...but I would assume that if he plays three games and is available for the finals, then Heyfield will gift him a spot in the seniors!!

Had a beer with him on Sunday night, he is living up north, came back for the weekend for a mates 30tj, was flying back Tuesday morning. Sounded like a one off thing cos he was down here.

First time poster here..

Thoughts on games from the weekend?
Churchill look to be the real deal, winning by a huge margin, albeit against a disappointing sale city.
Cowwarr starting to play a good brand of footy, resulting in 2 strong wins in a row against more fancied opposition. Could see them going a long way this year. TTU never fired a shot and were no match for the saints.
Glengarry also have improved a considerable amount with the return of Josh King boosting there confidence, and have won there last two. Woodside were again disappointing, for the second week in a row, and many people would be tipping them to slide down the ladder, despite their early season form.
Heyfield comfortably accounted for a Gormandale side which will take a lot out of Saturdays game. Heyfield are a quality side and are the benchmark of the competition, and to see Gormandale put in a spirited effort is a good sign for the rest of the season.
Rosedale also looking in ominous form, accounting for Boisdale/briag to the tune of 66 points. The blues form has been good this year, while the bombers have been inconsistent

City are a very young side now and their inconsistency shows that. Cowwarr are rapidly becoming the darkhorse of the comp. Heyfield are travelling the best, I'd have Cowwarr and Churchill on next level, then Rosedale , TTU, Woodside, followed by the rest who will really struggle to play any finals at this stage.

Have heard that Tim Aitken is moving back to the valley and will be playing for TTU for the remainder of the season. Anyone know if this is true?

Have heard that Tim Aitken is moving back to the valley and will be playing for TTU for the remainder of the season. Anyone know if this is true?
I heard a couple of whispers in the crowd on this subject in the outer at Monday's Morwell/Traraglon clash Hysteria.... These guys were saying that apparently TTU's Coach spent a week in hospital with a very serious neck injury after an "off the ball" incident the week before and won't play footy again. Has anyone heard about this?

Having coached before, Tim Aitken would certainly add some extra on-field leadership.... But I reckon its a long bow.

I hadn't heard that. If true that is a big loss for them.
You're right, also a big loss for football in general as no one likes to see that sort of thing happen (if the rumours are correct), I guess it will become clearer if he doesn't line up this week.

Tips for this week;
Glengarry (Great to see Josh King back and firing)
Cowwar
Heyfield
Rosedale
Woodside

I saw Cowwarr v Gormandale on Sat and reckon Cowwarr would be disappointed with the end result. Gomandale took it right up to them but also couldn't snatch the full 4 points. I actually thought Cowwarr would romp it in pre match, but might have to rethink my views on them a bit. Ground was very slippery but both sides had to deal with that.

I hadn't heard anything about him coming back but i see he played on the weekend and he recently had a baby so may have moved back to be closer to family but not sure
Looks like the Tim Aitken question has been answered, he will be a good acquisition, as 6'4" key forwards that can take a mark and kick goals do not grow on trees .... Glad I forgot my tips this week as I would have picked 2 at best. What an interesting season it has been so far, with 7 teams battling for the top 5 spots.... The next few weeks will be crucial for all sides.

Well the rumours are up and about at Heyfield with Bomber Wojcinski and Leigh Brown set to play this weekend if all goes to plan. Also rumour about that Digga Stubbe is back for good...

Pretty dissapoiting if it is to happen in this round from a competition point of view, as as Heyfield would be favoured to win regardless of the inclusions against Boisdale.

Heyfield have a few worries with a few injury concerns and players out of form at the moment...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back