North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

so how does 9 go into 5 as it appears that 9 teams think they will make the finals and apologies to boisdale as i havent hard anything about them. heyfield have picked up 3 or 4 seniors and improved the coaching bench and will have to start favourites Rosedale has lost afew good onballers but have probably got thr Grahams
Glen are training the track down and it be good to see my favourite team back in the finals cOWWARR HAS PICKED UP Sandy who can play and Cooper is training them really ha rd TTU have lost hawking brunts and hector and picked up a few players as for ttu revolving door aitken would still be coaching if he didnt move for work Gormy and woodside have picked up a lot of good players and churchill are dominating the training track so sale city is looking at maybe the team to slip but they still seem to have a lot of good players so its hard to see how 9 can go into 5 i suppose we will know in about 7 weeks

Have heard Sale City have lost plenty. May be a long season to a good club more used to success, in recent times. Hider still in Sale ???

Hider has a gig with Esso. Hard to see him playing when he is on that money.

so how does 9 go into 5 as it appears that 9 teams think they will make the finals and apologies to boisdale as i havent hard anything about them. heyfield have picked up 3 or 4 seniors and improved the coaching bench and will have to start favourites Rosedale has lost afew good onballers but have probably got thr Grahams
Glen are training the track down and it be good to see my favourite team back in the finals cOWWARR HAS PICKED UP Sandy who can play and Cooper is training them really ha rd TTU have lost hawking brunts and hector and picked up a few players as for ttu revolving door aitken would still be coaching if he didnt move for work Gormy and woodside have picked up a lot of good players and churchill are dominating the training track so sale city is looking at maybe the team to slip but they still seem to have a lot of good players so its hard to see how 9 can go into 5 i suppose we will know in about 7 weeks

Can say that I have been speaking to an old Boisdale supporter/member and he cant believe some of the players they might have picked up. Have apparently had 50 on the track and he thinks they might be spending a few bucks. I dont, for one minute, claim to be an authority on Boisdale, but they might be much improved this year.

So being a month out from the season who do you think will win the flag and ladder predictions, league b&f and goal kicking
Ok I will be the first to stick my neck out:D.... Premiers will be Rosedale..... Ladder positions will be Rosedale, Cowwarr, Heyfield, Glengarry and TTU....League B&F will be Ryan Foat (Woodside) and leading goalkicker will be Josh King (Glengarry).

Schuback gone back to Gippsland league....Sale ?????
I'd predict Heyfield, Rosedale, Cowwarr and Glengarry to be strong again!
Hider to help out at Sale ?????
Lots of rumours unsubstantiated yet!

Ok I will be the first to stick my neck out:D.... Premiers will be Rosedale..... Ladder positions will be Rosedale, Cowwarr, Heyfield, Glengarry and TTU....League B&F will be Ryan Foat (Woodside) and leading goalkicker will be Josh King (Glengarry).

Adrian Cox and Brian Graham (if he plays) to tie for league B+F

Heyfield, Churchill, Rosedale, Glengarry and Tyers in no particular order. Gormandale and Cowwarr to push. Can't see any of Woodside, Boisdale improving enough to push for finals, Sale City will drop out of the five in my opinion.

Leading Goalkicker will either be Justin Staley or Andrew Flanagan but I hope it is Josh King (because it means he stays injury free).

Ryan foat thats a big call he is a good player but is he that good ? I think heyfield, rosedale, glen, ttu, churchill will be top 5 but to close to call that 4th and 5th could go to anyone.

Would be good to see Josh King in full flight it hasnt happened for a while

I was under the impression that Foat was continuing at Maffra.

Ryan foat thats a big call he is a good player but is he that good ? I think heyfield, rosedale, glen, ttu, churchill will be top 5 but to close to call that 4th and 5th could go to anyone.

Would be good to see Josh King in full flight it hasnt happened for a while
Foat is a proven vote getter with the umpires having picked up a league best and fairest in the thirds a couple of years ago. With a season in the seniors under his belt he is ready to explode. He is a good size (6'3"-6'4"), quick, great overhead and excellent on the ground, beautiful kick, very rarely beaten, reads the play well and plays calmly with all of the time in the world like all great players.... It would not suprise if he did step up as he is good enough to slot into the Gippsland league..... By the way, If he does play at Maffra, I get another pick for B&F:cool:

Foat is a proven vote getter with the umpires having picked up a league best and fairest in the thirds a couple of years ago. With a season in the seniors under his belt he is ready to explode. He is a good size (6'3"-6'4"), quick, great overhead and excellent on the ground, beautiful kick, very rarely beaten, reads the play well and plays calmly with all of the time in the world like all great players.... It would not suprise if he did step up as he is good enough to slot into the Gippsland league..... By the way, If he does play at Maffra, I get another pick for B&F:cool:

Ummmm...he played at Maffra last year :eek:

BTW not too many centre half backs playing in a weaker side have taken out NGFNL league best and fairest medals...alot different to the thirds where he played ruck and forward in a good side...as the star player.

has anyone got a practice match yet or do they start next week as NGFL starts a week behind MGFL Cowwarr playing YYN over Easter??? did churchill play last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backing Boisdale to make the top 5!
Seeing their recruits it could happen too! Gooch from Sale (who is clearly one of the strongest players in this area), and some other quality players from various leagues may just be enough to have them gel into a finals bound unit.

They have picked up the following:

Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Churchill, Cameron Approved 2013-02-18 2013-02-27
Football Geelong Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Dunn, Owen Pending 2013-03-08
Gippsland League Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Gooch, John Approved 2013-02-18 2013-02-27
Gippsland League Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Kennedy, Joshua Approved 2013-02-18 2013-02-27
Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Mowat, Lucas Approved 2013-02-18 2013-02-19
Gippsland League Boisdale Briagolong Football Netball Club Smith, Bradley Approved 2013-02-18 2013-02-19

Also hearing Kaine Allen and a couple of seconds from Sale.

Unfortunately as I said this won't be enough unless they have picked up other players as well (and this churchill and dunn bloke can play)...they won two games last year and it is a massive step up to win anywhere from 9-12 which is more than half there games. When they were really good they had Plozza, Jacko Glenane, both Gieschens, Luke Pratt, both Forsyths, Johnny Saunders, Joel Lambourn, Ash Watt, Brad Moyle, Ben Langshaw, Shane Piper, Donny Veale all playing. I just can't see them being good enough at that level for long enough to be a finals placed side...the other issue they have is there depth which dramatically drops away, as always during the year your seconds players are relied upon to fill gaps during injuries and whilst they have good players in there two's, they are along way off being the players that drive you into finals. But I may be wrong...hopefully I am as I think Sanderson has done a very good job and deserves some rewards..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back