North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^ Hahaha at both of them, Aurisch trained once very doubtful if he plays at all, i would be absolutely astonished if Tayles plays at Boisdale as for Burge he played some games last year so not sure where he "went"?

Im informed that Jono will play more games this year.

Nugget, Im the first bloke to admit I know not much about the NGFL. But my contact has been around it for years and is feeding me this stuff. It's ok to debunk it.... my feelings wont get hurt...lol

Im informed that Jono will play more games this year.

Nugget, Im the first bloke to admit I know not much about the NGFL. But my contact has been around it for years and is feeding me this stuff. It's ok to debunk it.... my feelings wont get hurt...lol

Ok I will debunk it..Aurisch and Taylor Collins won't play at Boisdale. :)

Round 1 tips? Boisdale v woodside - Boisedale 20 points Churchill v Cowwarr - Churchill 10 points Glengarry v Sale city - Glengarry 18 points Gormy vs TTU - TTU 3 points Heyfield vs Rosedale - Heyfield 8 points

Woodside by 2 goals.
Churchill by 8 goals.
Glengarry by 5 goals.
TTU by 3 goals.
Rosedale by 2 goals.

Round 1 tips? Boisdale v woodside - Boisedale 20 points Churchill v Cowwarr - Churchill 10 points Glengarry v Sale city - Glengarry 18 points Gormy vs TTU - TTU 3 points Heyfield vs Rosedale - Heyfield 8 points
Boisedale - 35 pts
Cowwarr - 15 pts
Glengarry - 9 pts
TTU - 1pt
Heyfield - 17 pts

Rosedale to beat heyfield ya reckon?? at home heyfield are hard to beat and they should be stronger than last yr shouldnt they and the loss of pest and suss will be big for rosedale?

Heyfield also traditionally start slow, especially after premierships. I am not doubting that they won't be strong again but I think the goal for them is to go back to back rather than be at the top of there game in the early rounds.

I think we fail to forget that Rosedale were a ten goal better side throughout the year, they just happened to lose the grand final. Admittedly they do have a few very good players not in there line up this year...

I hope I am wrong and Heyfield win by ten goals though!!:)

I'm getting a bit excited about round 1..... 4 more sleeps till we get the first glimpse of how the season might pan out. As most are predicting, this could be the best and closest season for decades with all 10 teams hoping to see finals action.... 5pm Saturday night may give us a better idea on who will push ahead this year.

I'm getting a bit excited about round 1..... 4 more sleeps till we get the first glimpse of how the season might pan out. As most are predicting, this could be the best and closest season for decades with all 10 teams hoping to see finals action.... 5pm Saturday night may give us a better idea on who will push ahead this year.
I too, am keen to see it all get underway. I am really over all the AFL crap with Vlad and all his "rules on the run" stuff. I also happen to support the Demons, so not much love for these massive AFL underachievers anymore.
Bring on real footy/netball where everyone has a go and there are lots of games on one day. This is the reward for those who follow NGFNL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heyfield unable to get over Rosedale today. Maybe having a f** before the game wasn't such a good idea for one of their stars !!!!! Did notice at 3/4 time a few Heyfield players talking about Sat nights and cars, etc whilst in their "groups". Just thought this stuff is probably more suited to pre or post game, not moments prior to a hectic last 1/4. Rosedale seemed a bit fitter and had much surer ball handling IMO. Both teams will play finals but today's game showed both sides to be a bit rusty. Not much between them all day.

Heyfield unable to get over Rosedale today. Maybe having a f** before the game wasn't such a good idea for one of their stars !!!!! Did notice at 3/4 time a few Heyfield players talking about Sat nights and cars, etc whilst in their "groups". Just thought this stuff is probably more suited to pre or post game, not moments prior to a hectic last 1/4. Rosedale seemed a bit fitter and had much surer ball handling IMO. Both teams will play finals but today's game showed both sides to be a bit rusty. Not much between them all day.
The heyfield boys have been smokin darts and talking about cars and carry on for as long as they've had a footy side and they've won 8 flags in the last 15 years. I don't think you're gunna change em any time soon.

Watched TTU-Gormy. For Round 1, it was a pretty high standard game. TTU smashed them early, and were 5 or 6 goals up at 1/4 time. Gormy got back to within a goal in the 2nd quarter, and were 3 goals down at 1/2 time. Margin ended up 6 goals in the end. Brian Graham was several classes above everyone else on the ground. Kicked 7, but should have kicked 10. The Melbourne recruits TTU picked up were all good - the Coach would have had 40 touches, and the bald midfielder (No 5) also had a heap of it. They have a huge unit that plays CHB - he's an intimidating looking dude, and will put the wind up most CHF's in the league.

Gormy are far improved from last season. For the first 30 minutes, they played like a group of players thrown together for the first time, which is essentially what they are. Played some really good footy at times though. With Skippy and Risol in the midfield, they aren't going to be beaten in the clearances too often.

Haven't really been up with NGFL footy over the last couple of years ,but took an interest when i saw the Sale City team posted outside the local shop with so many young guys just up from U/18's yet they got up and beat Glengarry,was that a good win or aren't Glengarry that good this year? Sale city have had a good junior program for a number of years now so it would be good for them to see some of these guys coming through and playing seniors.

Great first up round of matches.... still to early to pick fianilists yet.

1 single winner for me from my round 1 tips.... I'm either a crap judge or that's how close this season will be I reckon.

Round 2 Tips

Rosedale to upset cowwarr in a thriller by 1 pt
TTU to beat Churchill at home by 5 pts
Heyfield at home v Glengarry by 11 pts
Gormy to upset Woodside by 3 pts
Sale City at home by 27 pts v Boisdale/Briag

Great first up round of matches.... still to early to pick fianilists yet.

1 single winner for me from my round 1 tips.... I'm either a crap judge or that's how close this season will be I reckon.

Round 2 Tips

Rosedale to upset cowwarr in a thriller by 1 pt
TTU to beat Churchill at home by 5 pts
Heyfield at home v Glengarry by 11 pts
Gormy to upset Woodside by 3 pts
Sale City at home by 27 pts v Boisdale/Briag

Sale City left it all a bit late, to play Champagne footy in the last 1/4 on Saturday. Bois/Briag were more consistent and had a clear winner in attack with Gooch, plus good service from their onballers. One 1/4 of good footy won't win too many games, even at this local level. Whilst the B/B coaching staff were sweating it out on the boundary in a tense last 1/4, City will rue their sloppiness earlier in the match. City will still bother quite a few sides as will B/B but these two teams will be just annoying types for 2013, in my opinion.

3 this week.... a bit better.

Rosedale by 27 pts
Heyfield... easy
Cowwarr by 20 pts
Churchill....easy
Sale City....easy

5 winners this week!

Geez I got a bit of a surprise at the ease in which TTU handled Rosedale at Rosedale today..... Anzac Day!
Yeah I know injuries etc may have an effect, but TTU seemingly still had plenty in reserve when I left 15 mins into the last 1/4. Just way too good for most of the game.
63 point margin in the end.......................

Saw Anzac game first time saw both sides - good standard the first half was quick and both teams in last quarter looked tired, Ceremony before game went a long time - as always though good effort both teams should be congratualed in doing this - talking to a few TTU guys they had been up serving breakfast from 6 am - and not sponsored by RSL anymore. Roseadale had 7 out still look a good team even though it was a 10 goal loss TTU reserves has no depth which is an issue for them and the reserves standard was poor. TTU started well last year and fell away it will be interesting if they have learnt lessons, Churchill favourites for flag now as TTU guys admitted the small lost last week was not indictative of game - Churchill was better team SO flag favourites will be Churchill and Heyfield - as they are always there , Glen will win today as they should have a lot of motivation to play well.

i am starting believe you guys do not believe rersults and are very very parochial . sale to beat woodside i would love to be your bookie .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back