North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the rumours are up and about at Heyfield with Bomber Wojcinski and Leigh Brown set to play this weekend if all goes to plan. Also rumour about that Digga Stubbe is back for good...

Pretty dissapoiting if it is to happen in this round from a competition point of view, as as Heyfield would be favoured to win regardless of the inclusions against Boisdale.

Heyfield have a few worries with a few injury concerns and players out of form at the moment...

Wojcinski won't be playing. Reported in the Sun today that he did his ACL last week and has decided to retire from all forms of football

Yeah no Browny, Bomber or Digga..

The fairytale finish won't happen unfortunately which is a shame considering the history and achievements of the boys...I know it was a dream of longtime supporters/members/administrators involved at Heyfield to have all the AFL boys play together in one game...

Heyfield at their best will make GF, then I like, in order of preference, Cowwarr, TTU and Rosedale. Glengarry can play well too but I think like Rosedale, they have a consistency problem. Woodside play a good game every couple of weeks but wont make it. Churchill underachieving too often.

Looks like a big last two weeks in North Gippy with Heyfield being the only team safe in the top 5.
Must be one of the most even seasons in recent memory.

Looks like a big last two weeks in North Gippy with Heyfield being the only team safe in the top 5.
Must be one of the most even seasons in recent memory.
They are a far superior side to anyone else in the league, just like Rosedale last year........ we all know how that ended up. Wonder if Heyfield will win the flag, or if an underdog will show up and knock them off??

Heyfield will win the GF easily. There is no real challenger standing up this year. If they do not win it it will be an even bigger underachievement than Rosedale in 2012.
I am surprised at some of the Clubs who have reportedly spend large licks of money this season, and haven't really fired a shot yet! Perhaps reward for actual performance, rather than up front contract bias, is worth implementing moreso next season.

Heyfield will win the GF easily. There is no real challenger standing up this year. If they do not win it it will be an even bigger underachievement than Rosedale in 2012.
I am surprised at some of the Clubs who have reportedly spend large licks of money this season, and haven't really fired a shot yet! Perhaps reward for actual performance, rather than up front contract bias, is worth implementing moreso next season.
Please enlighten us as to which clubs you are talking about?

Yeah, that'll work. Players will be real happy to come on board a club based on 'come to us, we'll see how good you play, then we'll work out what to pay you'. Not gunna happen.

What an end to the season. Don't think I've ever seen a ladder so close with one round to go.
Can't see Churchill beating Heyfield on Saturday so I would expect them to slip out along with the loser of the TTU/Woodside game ignoring any major upsets in the other games.
Either way there is going to be 2 good teams ruing missed opportunities by the end of play Saturday

Saw the Rosedale-Churchill elim final game at TTU today. Not sure why this venue was picked. Ground surface was like a paddock, food and drink choices very ordinary, and parking severely limited. Copped a coffee scroll that was at least 5 days old with a luke warm coffee. Egg and bacon roll was a hard fried egg with ham? and no salt & pepper or BBQ sauce. Went to leave and they had parked me in ?????? Will be glad to go elsewhere next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me how Jordan Bourke from Cowwarr goes ?
Goes very well. Has speed, but plays a pretty physical style of game. Got an excellent left foot. Could easily play a higher standard of footy. Have a feeling he may have won Cowwarr's B & F.

As for the earlier post re Team of the Year candidates - Daniel Risol and Skippy Domaille would be the only certainties from Gormy. Their full back, Brent McFarlane, should also make it, but missed a couple of games through injury, which might count against him. Was the best FB in the league from what i saw though.

Goes very well. Has speed, but plays a pretty physical style of game. Got an excellent left foot. Could easily play a higher standard of footy. Have a feeling he may have won Cowwarr's B & F.

As for the earlier post re Team of the Year candidates - Daniel Risol and Skippy Domaille would be the only certainties from Gormy. Their full back, Brent McFarlane, should also make it, but missed a couple of games through injury, which might count against him. Was the best FB in the league from what i saw though.

Thanks Pumpter, what would be the standard of footy in this league compared to some of the metro comps in Melbourne. In your opinion

Heyfield just keep churning out good young footballers. No wonder they have been so successful over the years, with such a high number of high performing players. Pretty impressive performanc by Jack Woodland, who I would guess is only 16 or 17, to finish 4th in the league B&F overnight. Pretty awesome stuff from a kid that has already played in a senior premiership and will be hoping to line up for another one in the next fortnight. They must be doing plenty right at Heyfield.

Congrats to Glengarry who won the flag by 1 kick after extra time was needed. Josh King was easily BOG and his efforts seem to have dragged his team to heights not imagined by many, including me. This was one of the best Country Footy League finals you could wish to see. Huge crowd, fantastic surface prep, terrific footy and a cliffhanger result.

Congrats to Glengarry who won the flag by 1 kick after extra time was needed. Josh King was easily BOG and his efforts seem to have dragged his team to heights not imagined by many, including me. This was one of the best Country Footy League finals you could wish to see. Huge crowd, fantastic surface prep, terrific footy and a cliffhanger result.
After round 6, they had won 1 game and were equal bottom of the ladder, awesome effort to come back from there and win the flag.

What do you think of the VCFL ruling that will allow Yarram to affiliate with the NGFNL from 2014?

Probably a 50/50 view out there, or 5/5 as the league voting on the matter would suggest.

Looks like 11 clubs will push the league into a 20 round, 2 bye system. Not too dissimilar from the AFL draw to be announced soon.

What does this mean for clubs in the Valley and around Sale? Will anyone be making requests for a mid-season Woodside/Yarram away trip that will allow a week of bonding/drinking at the Woodside caravan park / Port Albert pub? Bring your tins and tinnie.

What you can be sure of with Yarram is a competitive senior team under Griffin Underwood that finished 3rd on the home and away ladder, before being upset in the first week of finals against 6th, bowing out.

Also expect a decent ground that has hosted finals and even Grand Finals dating back to the 90s. New netball courts have been put in place recently and a Government grant to upgrade facilities.

A proposed junior program which will see 4 x junior teams (U16, U14, U12 and U10) compete under the combined Yarram/Allies banner in the local Sale competition should pave the way for stronger juniors going forward.

Overall, I hope the NGFNL embraces the Demons and what they bring. I know they are looking forward to the challenge.

More teams = stronger comp. It seems they will be quite competitive, so other clubs need to be up to speed or they will suffer some embarrassment in 2014, I would suggest. From what I hear there will be some very talented players join a few NGFNL clubs for the 2014 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back