Oppo Camp Non-MFC related footy chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Let her get some experience at the Cats then come back to the Dees in a few years time with more qualifications.

That would be my guess BIG TIME.

Flip side I guess is that it would be a notable first in the league
Saints had a female assistant coach back under Richardson.

Peta Searle?

She got sacked from the women's head coaching role so I don't think she was that good

Yeah for Nick Dal Santo who has no coaching experience whatsoever.

Most of the fledgling AFLW sides are being thrown to the wolves because of the rapid expansion, so honestly she was never given much of a chance. It might as well be a two-tiered competition.

The AFLW is a bit backwards for off-field positions. It should be the perfect breeding ground for giving women more opportunity to get into the industry, yet opportunists who can't get a coaching gig at a mens team are using it to fill out their resumes.

Yeah very weird to be appointing a coach on the eve of the season.
Extremely. Have they lost someone?

Scratch that as a genuine question. The chances of you or anyone following the intricacies of off field Cats manoeuvres is pretty remote

Peta Searle?

She got sacked from the women's head coaching role so I don't think she was that good
Pretty sure she stepped down to pursue other oppotunities

"St Kilda Football Club has confirmed that pioneering coach Peta Searle will depart her role leading the club’s AFLW team to pursue leadership opportunities beyond senior coaching."

From what was reported at the time, the saints seemed more than happy to have her continue, she just wanted a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably need someone there to help with food hygiene, apparently they have a problem with gastro I've heard.:devil:

Or tell us how bad things would be if we didn't win the flag :hearteyes:
It feels so weird to have spent the summer celebrating the flag and feeling positive about this season, when really I should have been reminding myself what it would be like if we hadn’t won it at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back