Oppo Camp Non-MFC related footy chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to hear of the passing of Freddie Cook . A real entertainer for Port Melb and a good footballer as well . RIP
Giant of VFA/VFL Football, and the game in general

Probably doesn't help they play in the summer when the ground is much harder too. It is clearly a physiological thing as you don't even see this at the amateur levels of mens footy, but the timing of the season wouldn't help either.

if the bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, its that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such

if the bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, its that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such
You do fill some sort of need on this board, A11

Good to see McCartin get another crack at it, would’ve been fairly tragic had it ended with the St Kilda delisting.

Buddy and Paddy could be a devastating spine if they can both get back to full flight.

Sorry, Paddy is never going to be a modern key forward.

Has no tank, has no awareness and his hands never even looked good at AFL level playing against men.

Might eek out 20-40 games as a below average defender but I just don't see it. If the bloke wasn't a number 1 pick he would've been delisted years ago

If that was the case I doubt Sydney would have taken the punt, they’ve got a pretty good history of recycling players.

I don't think McCartain is a bad player, he's just playing in a key position with his healh holding him back. St Kilda clearly wanted him to be their next key forward. Sydney aren't stupid, they know he's a forward, but he's not key position. He's a third tall. That and having the pressure of being #1 will affect some people

I think people also really forget the concussions, there was a time on this board where he and Brayshaw where in the same boat, the game was to dangerous to them and it was a real reality they'd have to leave the game without fulfilling their potential. Brayshaw was able to overcome and manage, while talents like KK clearly could not.

I think he can be servicable to Sydney, and i think that's what he should aim to be, Servicable. If it all goes right for him

Good luck to him but if he gets another concussion he should give it away, he was in a really bad way at one stage and it's just not worth it.

If that was the case I doubt Sydney would have taken the punt, they’ve got a pretty good history of recycling players.

Eh, Sydney have had their share of misses over the journey on recycled players. They're a great club though, so that probably ups their average a little.

I think this is an overly romantic play to keep his much better brother Tom in Sydney, as the McCartins are from Geelong I think. Sydney's key back stocks are also razor thin.

Good luck to him though, as it's sad to see a young bloke struggling with their health as much as he did with the concussions. I'm just glad the Saints let ClutchTracca slide to us.

I'm just glad the Saints let ClutchTracca slide to us.

This really was one of the first moments I felt like the worm was turning in our favour, and that we might finally be able to pull ourselves out of the decade-long rut we'd been in. Petracca was the kind of player we never saw drafted to the MFC - strong, explosive and a guy clearly destined to be a match-winner on his day. McCartin was the kind of player we always saw drafted to the MFC - a player whose only discernible value was a solid type who filled a need as a KPF, much in the mold of guys like Lucas Cook, Luke Molan, Aaron Rogers and so on. I could obviously only base this opinion on the snippets I saw of him on those highlight videos, but McCartin clearly wasn't tall, he wasn't athletic, he wasn't exceptionally skilled and so on. To this day, injuries aside, I genuinely have no idea what it was that the recruiters saw in him to justify his going top 10, let alone top 2. When St. Kilda signalled they were considering taking him with their first pick I was genuinely thrilled, and remember praying that they'd actually do it. And, well, here we are. You're welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says he couldn't guarantee they weren't Covid issues at the time yet he still picked them to play.
It's an odd comment when in the same breath he admits the doctors cleared all the players from any COVID fears.

Bizarre from Chris Scott. His comments are all over the place here. A handful of players fell ill. They were cleared of covid. He was wondering why the game didn't get postponed! Then admitted they wouldn't have beaten us anyway! Huh? Since when does a game get postponed due to a handful of players being sick? And why even comment if you admit you were never going to win anyway! Just whingeing for the sake of it. The guy is a knob..

What I do find bizarre is he expected the AFL to delay the game because they had covid symptoms. Those guys are tested on a daily basis and WA had zero covid the whole time.

I genuinely think he’s a great coach but I also think he has a habit of always putting in these little caveats to excuse poor performance.

Chris Scott is the saltiest campaigner in the AFL. Him and Selwood have got to be the worst captain-coach personality combo in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back