NFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i despise the "PREMIER, D1, D2" set up at the EDFL, with the EFl now heading to 5 divisions with their top flight being referred to as "PREMIER" with "D1, D2, D3, D4" following... It may be time for NFNL to consider it to conform universally (WRFL & SFNL are a fair way behind IMO).

For me, it's a kin to believing in Santa BUT the perception and confusion could now be a consideration... Thoughts...?!?

As much as i despise the "PREMIER, D1, D2" set up at the EDFL, with the EFl now heading to 5 divisions with their top flight being referred to as "PREMIER" with "D1, D2, D3, D4" following... It may be time for NFNL to consider it to conform universally (WRFL & SFNL are a fair way behind IMO).

For me, it's a kin to believing in Santa BUT the perception and confusion could now be a consideration... Thoughts...?!?
I don’t see a reason to do it when there’s only 3 divisions. Makes sense for the WRFL not to do it when they only have 3. The whole having the second div called Div 1 is confusing too.

EDFL (P1, D1, D2)
EFL (P1, D1, D2, D3, D4)
NFNL (D1, D2, D3)

We may need to re-think it so it isn't confusing... That's my point

So plunkett coaching old paradians rules out the banyule rumour. Makes the Gary Ramsay one stronger
Locked at Mont 100% take it to the bank.

Is Eltham sticking by there coach?

Banyule haven’t heard much tbh. Would want to bring their A game. Whittlesea flag favourites.

Locked at Mont 100% take it to the bank.

Is Eltham sticking by there coach?

Banyule haven’t heard much tbh. Would want to bring their A game. Whittlesea flag favourites.

Eltham resigned Kingy and will stay with him.

The way Banyule played this year against the two grand finalists, the unknown of St Marys, Diamond Creek and Thomastown had on and off again seasons and should get better, yep if I was opening a book on who will be favourites Whittlesea as the demoted team would be favourites with Eltham 2nd. But running very close would be the Diamo, Thomo and the Yules. Actually think this could be a very tight 2019 so plenty to look forward to,

Has anyone heard anything of the Stars? Could not front up like that again next year. There is absolutely no youth there and no one wants to see them 30 goal floggings each week. Could they do a Lalor and ask to go down thus evening up the grades? That would make sense to me.

Eltham resigned Kingy and will stay with him.

The way Banyule played this year against the two grand finalists, the unknown of St Marys, Diamond Creek and Thomastown had on and off again seasons and should get better, yep if I was opening a book on who will be favourites Whittlesea as the demoted team would be favourites with Eltham 2nd. But running very close would be the Diamo, Thomo and the Yules. Actually think this could be a very tight 2019 so plenty to look forward to,

Has anyone heard anything of the Stars? Could not front up like that again next year. There is absolutely no youth there and no one wants to see them 30 goal floggings each week. Could they do a Lalor and ask to go down thus evening up the grades? That would make sense to me.
Eltham are a 5 goal better team if they had a descent coach. The other teams in Div 2 are very appreciative that Eltham have evened up the competition by reappointing him.

Eltham are a 5 goal better team if they had a descent coach. The other teams in Div 2 are very appreciative that Eltham have evened up the competition by reappointing him.

Can you please explain why King is not a good coach?Is he too nice to players?too hard on players?does he lack knowledge of game and a game plan his players are capable of playing to?is he not punctual,respectful,honest nor hardworking?is he disliked?
Without knowing who you are im certain Kingy has more respect within the Nfl than yourself.You wanna $hitcan the bloke now explain why.
Please reply with a decent response.I await your reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please explain why King is not a good coach?Is he too nice to players?too hard on players?does he lack knowledge of game and a game plan his players are capable of playing to?is he not punctual,respectful,honest nor hardworking?is he disliked?
Without knowing who you are im certain Kingy has more respect within the Nfl than yourself.You wanna $hitcan the bloke now explain why.
Please reply with a decent response.I await your reply.
He is just not a very good gameday coach. He goes into a game with a game plan but if things don’t work out he doesnt have a plan B. He just does the same thing week in week out. His communication skills are not up to scratch. Doesn’t want to make the hard decisions which comes from being too nice. In the last quarter against Lower Plenty in the GF I was told he may as well of been in his car driving home. He was a stunned mullet on the bench. Is that good enough for you?

Last edited:
And secondly do you see any Eltham people defending him? No, only people who know him as a person and player.
Watch the exodus of players that agree with me, it has already started.

And secondly do you see any Eltham people defending him? No, only people who know him as a person and player.
Watch the exodus of players that agree with me, it has already started.

We don't have to defend dribble. Paul is a very well respected person and coach at the Panther. He is only new to the coaching gig and learning every day and improving.

Highly doubt there will be an exodus and if players leave that shows more about them than him trust me.

We don't have to defend dribble. Paul is a very well respected person and coach at the Panther. He is only new to the coaching gig and learning every day and improving.

Highly doubt there will be an exodus and if players leave that shows more about them than him trust me.
Take the blinkers off Denny or you will find your club will be a long time resident in Div 2.

Take the blinkers off Denny or you will find your club will be a long time resident in Div 2.
I knew Kingy as a player, he's the type of guy who would never give in, Football has been a big part of his life and I'm pretty sure that given the time he will become a good Coach.
I don't think Eltham lost the Grand Final because of him and from what I've seen they have a lot of depth, their Reserves won and one of their U19 sides played off in the Prelim in Div 1.
I wouldn't write them off too quickly.

Good to see Fitzroy Stars recruiting well, Kain Proctor and Chris Johnson (ex Melbourne and Carlton not ex Brisbane Lions) already signed up.

What’s happening at watsonia and banyule regarding coach appointments?

You would think Carey gets another year at least at Watsonia. This was his first and whilst not a great year I am sure you cannot get rid of him after 1 year. I was told them advertising for a new coach was the old Constitution thing and JC was still and will remain coach.

Banyule would be attractive to any coach. A Club with some serious future so a very critical appointment one would think.

You would think Carey gets another year at least at Watsonia. This was his first and whilst not a great year I am sure you cannot get rid of him after 1 year. I was told them advertising for a new coach was the old Constitution thing and JC was still and will remain coach.

Banyule would be attractive to any coach. A Club with some serious future so a very critical appointment one would think.
Mind blowing appointment coming up for them and not in a good way if the rumors are true. Coach coming from a side who did beyond horrible last season.

I think you will find JC wont be coaching Watsonia next year as they have appointed a new coach for season 2019!! Lets see if my sources are right with the announcement coming in the next few days where the newly appointed is from within this year's Div1 Premiers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back