NFNL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Kye Declase cleared to Hurstbridge. Is he playing full time? Fair pick up given he was on Melbourne’s list last year from the mid season draft

I heard quarantine issues may mean he stays where he is - also one of a number of Bulls at Richmond VFL
Not a Bulls supporter. But jeez they are going to have a Scary midfield with the amount of players that can go through there their year.

Not a Bulls supporter. But jeez they are going to have a Scary midfield with the amount of players that can go through there their year.
The depth there is looking very impressive

Baddley-Kelly and Matthews back at bulldogs strengthens there backline for sure

Any practice matches locked in for clubs?

My Ladder prediction

Bundoora
Montmorency
Heidelberg
Greensborough
West Preston
North Heidelberg
Hurstbridge
Macleod
Northcote
Whittlesea

Monty
Heidelberg
Bundoora
North
Greensborough

West Preston
Northcote
Hurstbridge
Whittlesea
macleod

Mont have fantastic top end talent and recruited better than most metro teams off the top of my head. Jong, Buxton-wale, honeychurch & Bzenic will be hard to top.
If Heidelberg don’t win it this year they will be very close this year and next, exciting g youth coming through. Much improved depth at North, especially in talls & defence.
Northcote probably too high and depth questionable but I know they are a proud club who have had a great summer.
Not very bullish about macleod been on a decline for a couple of years. Relying heavily on a few 30+ year olds for too long. Not much action with notable recruits.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monty
Heidelberg
Bundoora
North
Greensborough

West Preston
Northcote
Hurstbridge
Whittlesea
macleod

Mont have fantastic top end talent and recruited better than most metro teams off the top of my head. Jong, Buxton-wale, honeychurch & Bzenic will be hard to top.
If Heidelberg don’t win it this year they will be very close this year and next, exciting g youth coming through. Much improved depth at North, especially in talls & defence.
Northcote probably too high and depth questionable but I know they are a proud club who have had a great summer.
Not very bullish about macleod been on a decline for a couple of years. Relying heavily on a few 30+ year olds for too long. Not much action with notable recruits.
I think Bundoora and Mont have recruited very well and going off last years results before they stopped, Bundoora would have to be in front of Mont at this stage. Top 3

Heidelberg can be hot and cold, but picking up Sier will help that midfield and should be top 4. North and Greensborough are question marks. Still have quality, but are has there window closed?

Hurstbridge, Whittlesea, Macleod and Northcote will be bottom 4. My pick is Whittlsea get related

West is still the benchmark. Yes they have lost a few. But until teams can beat them at Preston I'm not writing them off by any stretch

I think Bundoora and Mont have recruited very well and going off last years results before they stopped, Bundoora would have to be in front of Mont at this stage. Top 3

Heidelberg can be hot and cold, but picking up Sier will help that midfield and should be top 4. North and Greensborough are question marks. Still have quality, but are has there window closed?

Hurstbridge, Whittlesea, Macleod and Northcote will be bottom 4. My pick is Whittlsea get related

West is still the benchmark. Yes they have lost a few. But until teams can beat them at Preston I'm not writing them off by any stretch
If the kruezer rumour is true for boro having Bell, Kruezer and Gorringe (if he plays consistently) they will be very very strong.

Add back a couple of old faces and a new coach they’ll be right in the mix for me.

If the kruezer rumour is true for boro having Bell, Kruezer and Gorringe (if he plays consistently) they will be very very strong.

Add back a couple of old faces and a new coach they’ll be right in the mix for me.
Kreuzer isn’t committed to playing just yet. Will see how his body holds up. Even if he does play it will only be some “guest appearances”.

Heidelberg the team to beat for mine.

Gorringe is dreadful, hadn’t played at a decent level for years

Bundoora, Monty, Heidelberg, Boro and WPL seem to be a level above the other 5 teams.

North Heid with JBK and Matthew’s back makes them stronger but not sure they can break into the top 5

Macleod, ageing list, not sure they have have improved

Hursty, again will surprise a few but not sure of there depth

Whittlesea seem to have improved list with Waite, 2 players from GVFL, still lack talls

Northcote Park have got a few back so will be better than last year. In saying that though coming off an interrupted season without a win.

NP to be relegated

Bundoora, Monty, Heidelberg, Boro and WPL seem to be a level above the other 5 teams.

North Heid with JBK and Matthew’s back makes them stronger but not sure they can break into the top 5

Macleod, ageing list, not sure they have have improved

Hursty, again will surprise a few but not sure of there depth

Whittlesea seem to have improved list with Waite, 2 players from GVFL, still lack talls

Northcote Park have got a few back so will be better than last year. In saying that though coming off an interrupted season without a win.

NP to be relegated
Whittlesea need to add a ruck.an to the nest desperately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back