NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the monkeys at the zoo have stopped flinging s**t at each other, who wins this week and by how much
That’s actually a good analogy, I’m back in the cage and after all that S**t slinging at SM I reckon they’ll beat PH, their leg speed and quick ball movement I think will be too damaging for PH especially on the big ground

Old Eltham Turtles putting in a request to join the NFNL for season 2019 and looking to align with Research juniors. Would impact Lower big time but will help to keep Div 3 a 9 team comp in 2019.

Old Eltham Turtles putting in a request to join the NFNL for season 2019 and looking to align with Research juniors. Would impact Lower big time but will help to keep Div 3 a 9 team comp in 2019.

Doubt that Lower plenty will just hand them their junior affiliate.

NFNL would not want the Turtles. Genuine basketcase

Doubt that Lower plenty will just hand them their junior affiliate.

NFNL would not want the Turtles. Genuine basketcase
They’ll be battling again next year to survive and would get absolutely flogged in NFNL. No way known RJFC would align themselves with them. Currently about 10 RJFC life members at Lower who would be very strong in opposition to any such attempt and also on the basis the league would not allow them in if they were threatening to use another clubs juniors.

What are people basing their league voting off? Seems quite funny to judge a vote you’ve probably seen nothing but your own sides games ;)

Most get to see every side play twice a year , other things like best players and coaches POTY votes is what I went off.

They may have applied but I can’t see the league allowing them in. They struggle on and off the field and I think a couple of other clubs would be against them entering as well and I couldn’t see the league accepting an organisation that will directly weaken a current affiliate to the extent the Turtles may, by poaching their junior club. Not in the NFNL area of expansion, private school facility also which from memory may be a first in current suburban leagues and present issues of its own. We shall wait and see but would be a long shot in my opinion.

I don’t have anything against the turtles and I may be off the mark but I would have thought that Kinglake would be more likely to have a request approved.

Panton Hill over South Morang by 10 if Byron plays, otherwise flip the result around if he doesn’t. Looking forward to seeing these 2 sides smack in on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t have anything against the turtles and I may be off the mark but I would have thought that Kinglake would be more likely to have a request approved.

Panton Hill over South Morang by 10 if Byron plays, otherwise flip the result around if he doesn’t. Looking forward to seeing these 2 sides smack in on Saturday.
That’d be fun. Playing Kinglake in June/July at the top of the mountain. We all miss that;)

That’d be fun. Playing Kinglake in June/July at the top of the mountain. We all miss that;)
I played juniors vs them last year. Half the team couldn’t move their arms last year. I was so happy when they couldn’t field a team in my age group any more. But surely moving Kinglake to the NFNL is a bridge too far. Heidelberg to Kinglake is surely too broad of a range, whereas the Turtles slot right into the same area as the Panthers and all that.

They may have applied but I can’t see the league allowing them in. They struggle on and off the field and I think a couple of other clubs would be against them entering as well and I couldn’t see the league accepting an organisation that will directly weaken a current affiliate to the extent the Turtles may, by poaching their junior club. Not in the NFNL area of expansion, private school facility also which from memory may be a first in current suburban leagues and present issues of its own. We shall wait and see but would be a long shot in my opinion.

From what I've heard, Turtles are financially in the green. Should be okay in Div 3, just need to recruit hard to be competitive.

Eltham College is a fantastic ground as well... looking forward to playing on it if they get in

1 game a year at kinglake would be a great away trip I’d say. True country football, fire barrels roaring!

Rather go there than plenty of others in the NfNl
But the NFNL is a metro comp. Whittlesea probably is about as far north as the league should go and in 5 years time, Whittlesea will probably be what Wollert/Mernda/Doreen is now yet we have Kilmore in the NFNL.
Kilmore is roughly 2x the distance between Heidelberg and Mernda and I'm very much anti-Kilmore in the NFNL
Kinglake is closer to 2.5x the distance between Heidelberg and Greensborough.
Panton Hill is pushing it when it comes to how far east the league should go yet Kinglake is further.
FWIW I think the Turtles and Templestowe are more logical to allow in.

But the NFNL is a metro comp. Whittlesea probably is about as far north as the league should go and in 5 years time, Whittlesea will probably be what Wollert/Mernda/Doreen is now yet we have Kilmore in the NFNL.
Kilmore is roughly 2x the distance between Heidelberg and Mernda and I'm very much anti-Kilmore in the NFNL
Kinglake is closer to 2.5x the distance between Heidelberg and Greensborough.
Panton Hill is pushing it when it comes to how far east the league should go yet Kinglake is further.
FWIW I think the Turtles and Templestowe are more logical to allow in.
I see your point but personally I don’t see a huge issue with a few clubs a bit further away, I certainly think Panton hill belongs. I’d rather kinglake than Kilmore personally

I see your point but personally I don’t see a huge issue with a few clubs a bit further away, I certainly think Panton hill belongs. I’d rather kinglake than Kilmore personally
Oh I’m not anti-Panton Hill either, especially with them having been in for 20 years now. But the league keeps extending their boundaries an adding new clubs who are even further away with Kilmore in and Kinglake supposedly a candidate. I don’t think they should go any further until maybe the next 10 years. Add in teams who are firmly within boundaries (like the Turtles) but Kinglake should stay out, especially being so far from any urban areas and not looking like having a development like what Mernda/Wollert are now.
The further teams are a pain for the juniors especially with parents having to drive about an hour sometimes.

From what I've heard, Turtles are financially in the green. Should be okay in Div 3, just need to recruit hard to be competitive.

Eltham College is a fantastic ground as well... looking forward to playing on it if they get in
Perhaps they are, I’ve heard differently over the years. They have struggled to field two sides this season and have had to get 4-5 reserves players to play 2 games on occasions. In the old DVFL days the cronies would have accepted them very few questions asked because it was more money into league coffers, perhaps not but I’d like to think with the recent struggles of a couple of current clubs, this last thing you’d be doing is admitting a club that is potentially struggling worse. A large majority of their playing base is from suburban schools, so the recruits they may target will come from surrounding competing clubs, thus diluting the local pool. I also understand that in their submission they “have not” mentioned any juniors, which would seem strange for me. Financial stability is one thing but a viable plan to grow playing numbers would be a prerequisite I’d imagine. Is it still a rule that clubs entering have juniors or an affiliation? I know it’s been previously mentioned about Research, but I think there is a fairly strong bond between them and Lower with a healthy cross pollination of personnel and shared values. I did hear a while back that they were interested or investigating doing something with Yarrambat, not sure what or if anything came of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back