NFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly a goal. Doesn't the game stop when the umpire blows the whistle?

The quarter finishes when any of the umpires ( including the emergency umpire) hears the siren. Not when the umpire blows his whistle and not when he raises his arms in the air.

Amazing last quarter. But what a shocking grand final. Unless lower pick up 10-12 decent players they won’t get within 10 goals of a div 1 side. But congratulations none the less great effort!

Amazing last quarter. But what a shocking grand final. Unless lower pick up 10-12 decent players they won’t get within 10 goals of a div 1 side. But congratulations none the less great effort!

The gap between the top of Div 2 and the bottom of Div 1 is the smallest it’s been in a long while (if ever).

Eltham were unlucky to be demoted last year, then added some absolute guns to their list in order to go straight back up, but lost 3 of their last 5 games.

I gave them no chance today but pay Lower Plenty some respect. They’ll pick up a few players, win a few games at home and a couple away and stay up.

Anything can happen on Preston with the wind. Most times you have 2 quarters to score and if you don’t make the most of it you are gone

And that's what happened. Eltham couldn't capitalise in the third kicking all those behinds and having so much possession and when Lower had it in the last they did capitalise.

Only hope they have is if the hurstbridge self implosion continues!
Cant see them beating anyone else even on there 20c coin of a ground

It will be interesting if Eltham lose as the fallout will be huge from what I have been led to believe. They have apparantly already signed Paul King for next year and on his resume it will read 1st year relegated from 1st division and his 2nd year losing the unlosable grand final with what I believe to be the best list in 2nd division by a mile.

Eltham do need to reassess this. With Garry Ramsay on the market he would be the perfect coach for Eltham. Eltham should have signed him over Mario a few years ago. He wanted to coach Eltham before he went to Macleod.

Are you serious?? Atrocious conditions and you reckon Lower won’t get within 10 goals of a div 1 side. We just beat a side that won 5 games the year before and would of arguably been better than 3-4 teams that played in div 1 this season. Fair enough me and and quite a few others at Lower didn’t rate our chances to highly but at the end of the day we got a win against the odds and beat a side with 3 blokes that had AFL experience and perhaps the best list in div 2 for quite a few years. We’ll obviously have to recruit, but get your hand off it, no where near 10-12.

Watching the replay I think the ball has struck his boot literally on the siren... but by the time the umpire acknowledged that the game had ended I think he had to pay a goal.
Spot on. I’ve replayed it about 6 times and reckon it was boot on ball when siren went. At the end of the day I think of it had gone into overtime Lower looked to havd the momentum to win. Lower looked as though they were in 5th gear whilst Eltham were in Neutral.

Eltham do need to reassess this. With Garry Ramsay on the market he would be the perfect coach for Eltham. Eltham should have signed him over Mario a few years ago. He wanted to coach Eltham before he went to Macleod.
I think Gary has a bit more ambition than coaching Eltham. They’ve had their chance numerous times over the years and knocked him back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Nolan credit, huge last qtr and that last play going inboard when everyone thought he’d go the other way or take it on himself and feeding it out to Sleep who kicked Fwd and gave Paterson the op probably won the game.
Must be a nice feeling not to be relegated after a sporting season.

Are you serious?? Atrocious conditions and you reckon Lower won’t get within 10 goals of a div 1 side. We just beat a side that won 5 games the year before and would of arguably been better than 3-4 teams that played in div 1 this season. Fair enough me and and quite a few others at Lower didn’t rate our chances to highly but at the end of the day we got a win against the odds and beat a side with 3 blokes that had AFL experience and perhaps the best list in div 2 for quite a few years. We’ll obviously have to recruit, but get your hand off it, no where near 10-12.
But Eltham do have a horrible coach, and his brother is the worst assistant coach in the NFNL. It's laughable that they have them again next year, more pain to come.

Not linked to Eltham at all and long long time non poster but I find it funny how all of a sudden everyone blames the coach.
I’m sure if they won it the same people would have said he had nothing to do with the win because they had the best list in the comp so should have won regardless. Funny how people think.

Not linked to Eltham at all and long long time non poster but I find it funny how all of a sudden everyone blames the coach.
I’m sure if they won it the same people would have said he had nothing to do with the win because they had the best list in the comp so should have won regardless. Funny how people think.
Well known fact that the guy can't coach but you have to also blame the circumstances on how he was appointed. The President and his men should be held accountable for their actions. Questions need to be asked by the members and supporters. He was the presidents mate who was appointed under unusual circumstances. They then sign him up for 2019, crazy. The club knew his shortfalls so they had Neil Codger Connell come in pre season to teach him some game styles but you need to be capable of changing things up on game day. Paul King and his brother were grossly out of their league yesterday and it showed. The warning signs and cracks appeared in this team weeks ago but he didn't do anything about it, he thought it would fix itself. Make no mistake, this team underperformed this year. They're hurting at the moment, new start required. Pay him out his money which surly wouldn't be much and advertise for a new coach while they are still available.

Spot on. I’ve replayed it about 6 times and reckon it was boot on ball when siren went. At the end of the day I think of it had gone into overtime Lower looked to havd the momentum to win. Lower looked as though they were in 5th gear whilst Eltham were in Neutral.
lower plenty.png
I think this sums up 5th gear vs neutral. How Lower ended up with a 3 on 1 in the dying seconds is incredible.

But Eltham do have a horrible coach, and his brother is the worst assistant coach in the NFNL. It's laughable that they have them again next year, more pain to come.

Give us a spell. If Eltham has kicked straight the game would have been over at 3/4.

Not P.K or Brian’s fault they kicked poorly.

The poor bloke couldn’t win either way y’day.

If they won by 20 goals everyone would have said anyone could have coached them to the flag. But lose, and it is the coaches fault.

Give us a spell. If Eltham has kicked straight the game would have been over at 3/4.

Not P.K or Brian’s fault they kicked poorly.

The poor bloke couldn’t win either way y’day.

If they won by 20 goals everyone would have said anyone could have coached them to the flag. But lose, and it is the coaches fault.
Ha ha you must be Paul or Brian. You have no idea what you’re talking about. That loss was something that had been brewing for weeks.

Last edited:
Ha ha you must be Paul or Brian. You have no idea what you’re talking about. That loss was something that had been brewing for weeks.

Don’t know how much footy you played but a coach never stopped me from getting a kick or kicking straight when given the opportunity.

Whether PK is Ron Barassi or not, the players have to take responsibility for the loss yesterday.

Bad kicking is bad footy, especially at Preston in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back