News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Having to pay extra for the jumper is a scam
It's worse than a scam, it's elitist, and divisionary.
It tells supporters if you have money, you're more important to us than if you don't.

Up to 5 now - home, clash, stickman, candy stripe and indigenous.
I used to laugh at the NrL when they had a heap of jerseys.

Feel like this will be the norm for AFL, with home, away, clash, Anzac (for some), gather round, SDN round.

This really has to be seen to be believed. The 2024 official Gather Round jumper, featuring a montage of all 18 teams. This is legitimate – despite being released today, on April Fools' Day – and can be purchased from Rebel for $100.

Rebel_68621101_multi_hi-res.jpg

Rebel_68621101-00_multi_hi-res.jpg

Rebel_68621101-01_multi_hi-res.jpg

You wouldn’t believe how many people I saw wearing these and buying these at the game and activation sites just yesterday

I used to laugh at the NrL when they had a heap of jerseys.

Feel like this will be the norm for AFL, with home, away, clash, Anzac (for some), gather round, SDN round.
Last year, I counted that Geelong had 8 different guernseys. Home, Clash, Gather Round, ANZAC, Country, Indigenous Home, Indigenous Clash & Retro. Sure most of those were just simple additions to the home guernsey but they are all different. I don't know much about the AFL but I feel like the amount of guernseys has increased the last couple of years for all teams, just like the NRL has.

New jackets for Gather round like last year.

View attachment 1950744
I've had a lot to say about Saints official merch during my time as a fan, 95% of it negative.

But this... this is beautiful.

I have to say that St Kilda's colours look so much better when we use white as the background IMO - our look has vastly improved since umpires stopped wearing white!

What is an activation site?

I don't see who would wear these things? Neutrals and kids?
Places in Adelaide where there are events specifically for Gather Round, such as Elder Park in the city like 500m away from Adelaide Oval.

Judging from the Crows V Dees match, males in their 30s, and I feel like they're wearing these ironically. Usually accompanied by a bucket hat and a few drinks.

Oh, and tourists.

Places in Adelaide where there are events specifically for Gather Round, such as Elder Park in the city like 500m away from Adelaide Oval.

Judging from the Crows V Dees match, males in their 30s, and I feel like they're wearing these ironically. Usually accompanied by a bucket hat and a few drinks.

Oh, and tourists.
I'm not male but I'm in my 30s and I don't think we do anything ironically. I think things get simpler when you're in your 30s. You just do things because you don't care what anyone thinks anymore.

And now that they've sold out you know there is going to be another rendition next year. I'm hoping for even uglier.

Bucket hats were big when I was in high school so not surprised a bunch of 30+ are getting around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not male but I'm in my 30s and I don't think we do anything ironically. I think things get simpler when you're in your 30s. You just do things because you don't care what anyone thinks anymore.
Haha look you may be right there, especially here in Adelaide 😂

Last year, I counted that Geelong had 8 different guernseys. Home, Clash, Gather Round, ANZAC, Country, Indigenous Home, Indigenous Clash & Retro. Sure most of those were just simple additions to the home guernsey but they are all different. I don't know much about the AFL but I feel like the amount of guernseys has increased the last couple of years for all teams, just like the NRL has.
And yet at the same time it feels like we do less than everyone in the guernsey space. So boring. They play around with Training tops but would be nice to see something different. It's been nearly 20 years and more since these

Attachments

• Geelong-Clash-2008.gif
    Geelong-Clash-2008.gif
    18 KB · Views: 56
  • Geelong-Away-2003.gif
    Geelong-Away-2003.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Geelong-Clash-2003.gif
    Geelong-Clash-2003.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Geelong-Clash-2007.gif
    Geelong-Clash-2007.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 96
And yet at the same time it feels like we do less than everyone in the guernsey space. So boring. They play around with Training tops but would be nice to see something different. It's been nearly 20 years and more since these
It's difficult to improve on your base jumper design. I wouldn't consider any of these good jumpers.

I can't remember the Anzac kit last year, but the pic is simiar to the one that was leaked earlier (not sure why amart is there)
Yeh my bad, the mcg twitter has last years kits. Bombers are now teasing this years.

Attachments

• IMG_5645.jpeg
    IMG_5645.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 106
Yeh my bad, the mcg twitter has last years kits. Bombers are now teasing this years.
You've got to tease the tacky war memorial jumper with poppies and silhouettes to build the hype. No doubt 10 cents from every guernsey goes towards the ANZAC appeal, with the remaining profits retained, so it's a totally valid exercise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back