El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
icb26Ya.jpeg

In September, the NAFL is back for 2024!

For those new to the board, the National Australian Football League is a design competition where you will create professional football club based in Australia or NZ, from scratch. You'll create uniform and logo designs for this club and play off against other designers in a league style competition where winners are decided by public votes.

As per last season, this will be a fairly standard league format, with conferences if we get too many entries. I'd expect finals to be the top 8 finishers. Each designer will submit 1 team only.

Feel free to use this thread to announce a new or returning team. You can do whatever you want for your team provided it's Australia or NZ based, and all bids are automatically accepted. I'm happy with 2 teams in the same market, however try to avoid having the same nickname as another announced team. Returning teams will have preference if there are 2 teams with the same nickname.

You'll design 4 guernseys for this year's NAFL. A Home, Away, NAFLW and Heritage.

As per the last few seasons, you have a lot of freedom in terms of what you display.

All that’s required is that you display at least the front of the guernsey, and have the NAFL (or NAFLW) logo on the right chest. You may include as much of the rest of the uniform as you’d like. The NAFL logos may be re-coloured to suit your design. All other logo placements are entirely up to you.

NAFL logo, PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/TPkoHIE.png

NAFLW logo PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/wNhPV4J.png

Both logos can have the stroke outline removed if it better suits your design.

There is no bidding, your bid is automatically accepted provided you post it in this thread and don't use the same nickname as someone else's NAFL entry. I will run the competition with whoever enters, and however many entrants that may be, with a slight change of format if we get too many entries.

Entries should be submitted to me via PM in the form of a URL link from an image hosting site like imgur or flickr. DO NOT simply attach the images to your PM, because bigfooty stores them in a way that makes them impossible to re-use for putting up rounds so I have to manually upload the images for everyone who does that. I won't accept entries that aren't in the form of an imgur or flickr (or similar) link. I post this every year and every year people fail to do this. Please get it right.

I've posted this one a long way out so everyone has plenty of time to work on their entry. If you're keen, i'd suggest working on it now and not posting in this thread that you ran out of time come early September. This is another thing that happens every single season. I'll accept entries right now if you like, and then you can update them as we get closer to the due date if you choose.

Entries are due by midnight on Sunday the 1st of September 2024

Use this thread for team announcements, questions and suggestions.

potentially could be in, just depends on if i find much motivation. haven't really designed anything for a while now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back