News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not twice in QLD.

Suns.jpg
Ah you're right, at least twice worn though, they've already stated it will be worn against us (as they did last year)

People sleep on the Bears and their colours too. Brisbane already do so much to honour and represent Fitzroy and do virtually nothing for the Bears who in my opinion had superior colours and guernseys.

I agree with you but I will say the great thing for Brisbane is at least they have an away guernsey the fans and club would be more than happy to wear and win with on Grand Final Day.

I’ve been big on this for years. I don’t care if you’re Collingwood who finished first or you’re West Coast who finished last, when you’re designing your away guernsey every single club needs to ask themselves “Do we want to win a Grand Final in this?”

I reckon there are only 10 clubs right now who would be more than happy to wear their away guernsey right now if they had to without kicking up a stink. Maybe 9, not really sure on the Adelaide away guernsey.

All hell would’ve broken loose in 2021 if Port beat the Western Bulldogs and had to wear that silver guernsey in a Grand Final. This is also why Essendon away guernseys are so terrible. The chaos that’ll unfold if they ever have to wear an away guernsey in a Grand Final would be ridiculous.

Clubs need to do better.
I’d be stoked if West Coast won a flag in peril. Such great jumper(especially with royal shorts) and quite under appreciated by the club till recently when they brought it back. Would in a way immortalise the design if we won a flag in it and if the club decided to go with some other clash design it will probably cause a few head aches

I’d be stoked if West Coast won a flag in peril. Such great jumper(especially with royal shorts) and quite under appreciated by the club till recently when they brought it back. Would in a way immortalise the design if we won a flag in it and if the club decided to go with some other clash design it will probably cause a few head aches
West Coast are definitely one of the teams in my opinion who have a premiership worthy away guernsey.

I share your sentiments and would be absolutely stocked if Melbourne won a flag in the royal blue.

West Coast are definitely one of the teams in my opinion who have a premiership worthy away guernsey.

I share your sentiments and would be absolutely stocked if Melbourne won a flag in the royal blue.
Inverted colours make a decent kit or anything with meaning like brissy. A lot of clashes over the years have tried doing to much and have resulted in trash

All hell would’ve broken loose in 2021 if Port beat the Western Bulldogs and had to wear that silver guernsey in a Grand Final. This is also why Essendon away guernseys are so terrible. The chaos that’ll unfold if they ever have to wear an away guernsey in a Grand Final would be ridiculous.
I 100% agree with the sentiment here, clubs can’t be wearing clash jumpers that would look embarrassing in hindsight. But in regards to Port specifically, I may be alone when I say this but I would’ve loved to see us win a premiership in the grey clash. Winning another AFL flag while not wearing any teal would’ve been massive. I’ll take any flag if it means I see Port win a flag, but irrespective of that I don’t think the grey clash is one of the jumpers that’d be embarrassing in hindsight. I’m saying this as a big fan of that jumper, but I also know we’ve worn a lot worse than it in our time in the AFL.

Actually just on that, it also reminded me that we kind of have a bit of bad luck in our home jumper in finals. We’ve played 8 finals in it and only won 2, and those two wins were in games we had a double chance in. Up until 2020 we hadn’t won a final in it either. In that same timeframe though we’ve gone 3 from 4 in alternative jumpers so I guess I also don’t feel so attached to the home jumper through good memories that I would hate to have to wear something else.

With Freo one of the first clubs getting into the retro stuff and West coast recently hoping on the trend. Would genuinely be keen for the two teams to get together and organise some special kits next for nextbyears derby as it will be 30 years since the first derby

People sleep on the Bears and their colours too. Brisbane already do so much to honour and represent Fitzroy and do virtually nothing for the Bears who in my opinion had superior colours and guernseys.

I agree with you but I will say the great thing for Brisbane is at least they have an away guernsey the fans and club would be more than happy to wear and win with on Grand Final Day.

I’ve been big on this for years. I don’t care if you’re Collingwood who finished first or you’re West Coast who finished last, when you’re designing your away guernsey every single club needs to ask themselves “Do we want to win a Grand Final in this?”

I reckon there are only 10 clubs right now who would be more than happy to wear their away guernsey right now if they had to without kicking up a stink. Maybe 9, not really sure on the Adelaide away guernsey.

Clubs need to do better.

The port silver guernsey was fine. No issues winning a granny in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this a lot, big fan of them doing a similar thing to last year where the yoke is part of the artwork rather than just being tacked on, straight lines and all. Not a lot of Indigenous jumpers have been revealed yet but I could see this being one of the better ones this year. Would love to know the story behind the design (particularly the heart).

I like this a lot, big fan of them doing a similar thing to last year where the yoke is part of the artwork rather than just being tacked on, straight lines and all. Not a lot of Indigenous jumpers have been revealed yet but I could see this being one of the better ones this year. Would love to know the story behind the design (particularly the heart).
every heart beats true for the red and the blue?

For those who missed it getting leaked 4 months ago:
View attachment 1963857
View attachment 1963858
VERY dark for the supposed clash version. Not sure who at head office ticked this one off, I’m sure it won’t clash too much with Richmond given their yellow will be different enough, but far out. It’s as if Essendon are trying their hardest to avoid wearing clash jumpers (save for their actual clash jumper).

VERY dark for the supposed clash version. Not sure who at head office ticked this one off, I’m sure it won’t clash too much with Richmond given their yellow will be different enough, but far out. It’s as if Essendon are trying their hardest to avoid wearing clash jumpers (save for their actual clash jumper).
Yeah. If probably their coolest Indigenous jumper if it wasn’t for being a poor clash jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back