Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

i decided to have a crack. probably not the most accurate illustration of what the side will look like but feel free to post your own and discuss changes/inclusions/exclusions etc etc.

B: Leigh Warnett (Toc), Tim O’Dwyer (Bar), Shannon Keam (Moa)

HB: Ryan Butler (Nat), Martin Brooks (Bar), Drew Barnes (Nat)

C: Craig Frost (EU), Adam Brunt (Ton), Troy Snelson (Nat)

HF: John Jackson (Rum), Michael Roberts (Ton), Brett Vallender (Nat)

F: Bryce Wellington (Num), Duane Hueston (EU), Cameron McCabe (Moa)

FOL: Damian Dalziel (EU), Ross Sleight (Moa), Daryl Harrison (Ton)

INT: Nick Jackson (EU), Andrew Reid (Ton), Eamon Reeves (Con), Mark Quarrell (Nat)

COACH: Damien Sexton

Craig frost in the interleague team would be an absoloute joke.....

looks good mate. just one thing, since when did bartlett play for nathalia? BB, is there something you're not telling us? don't tell me bartlett has signed on with the purps at this point of the season!!??
whoops knew i'd stuff up somewhere, no bartlett isn't playing with Nathalia just forgot to change that part.

B: Adam Quarrell (Nat), Martin Brooks (Bar), Shannon Keam (Moa)

HB: Ryan Butler (Nat), Shaun Robbins (Bar), Troy Gread (Moa)

C: Drew Barnes (Nat), Nathan Gemmill (Nat), Troy Snelson (Nat)

HF: John Jackson (Rum), Michael Roberts (Ton), Brett Vallender (Nat)

F: Marc Quarrell (Nat), Duane Hueston (EU), Cameron McCabe (Moa)

FOL: Damian Dalziel (EU), Ross Sleight (Moa), Adam Brunt (Ton)

INT: Darryl Harrison (Ton), Jarrod Maskell (Nath), Eamon Reeves (Con), Troy Barlett (Nat)

COACH: Damien Sexton

QUOTE]

Would be happy if we take that side away BB. No one from Moama has trained as yet so not sure how many of them will front, Butler, Barnes and Nath Gemmill also haven't been to any so unsure on them also. Tyron Hill will be in the side from Barooga he trained Weds night, haven't seen him play but would expect him to be on the pill, also Reid would be in my side
Butler and Barnes have moved down to Torquay and Nath is in Melbourne i think. Haven't seen Hill play either and haven't heard anything about him. i din't put Reid in cause last time i saw him he was injured and said he'd be out for a few. is he back playing Hank. The Moama boys wouldn't have trained cause the coach is the only one living in Moama, don't the rest picked live in Melb

what were the results from this weekend??
The Hawks smashed Finley in both the ones and twos.They are struggling big time and it will be interesting to see what comes of it. From what Ive heard, 7 blokes walked out on the club last week so no wonder they had a couple of kids in the ones who looked as though they would be still eligble for the fourths and Reuben Sibraa, Mick Taylor and Darren Jackson (superstars in their day, which was about 20 years ago!!!) having to don the gear to get a reserve side together. No surprises with the other results. Starting to get a bit tight for that 5th / 6th spot. Cobram had a good win to keep in contact, Tonny know exactly where they are in regards to the better sides, Echuca off the mark and Nathalia comfortably but thought the margin would have been greater. Wasn't the weather just a treat as well......... Footy is a winter sport! Great to have a rest this week and look forward to seeing the boys who represent the league, go away and give a good showing!:thumbsu:

Dont usualy venture onto the Murray League forum, but i thought i would come and check out how Rumba are going. Looks like they are doing pretty well, are they any chance to win it this year?

Dont usualy venture onto the Murray League forum, but i thought i would come and check out how Rumba are going. Looks like they are doing pretty well, are they any chance to win it this year?

Yeah a chance but I have a sneaking suspicion that Nathalia will be the premiers again-will certainly finish 1-4 and in the mix with Barooga and Moama. The situation for Finley seems dire-small clubs really struggling in that area. The same thing happened at berrigan a few years back and they then joined the Picola league and are struggling there as well. Perhaps some merger talks maybe on the horizon?:(:thumbsu:

Where's Hank?:confused: You can make posts after ya get a floggin' mate! I do it every week. :D:D Don't be shy, I see Townsend got in the best for ya Tonnie boys, any chance for a vote or two towards that medal count???

Rumba should be thereabouts come September when the weather gets dry and fine. Just hope that we don't get a long cold wet winter. We need to see those talented indigenous boys display their skills in good conditions. On their day they will beat anybody in the comp. so look out if they do make it to the last day in September. It would be good to see them have a few high finishing years in the Murray league and get into the GV. They will get the funding for it, but probably need to be in the GV to get more quality indigenous players from ex-AFL or Darwin, WAFL etc.

Rumba should be thereabouts come September when the weather gets dry and fine. Just hope that we don't get a long cold wet winter. We need to see those talented indigenous boys display their skills in good conditions. On their day they will beat anybody in the comp. so look out if they do make it to the last day in September. It would be good to see them have a few high finishing years in the Murray league and get into the GV. They will get the funding for it, but probably need to be in the GV to get more quality indigenous players from ex-AFL or Darwin, WAFL etc.

Nathalia, Barooga, Rumbalara and Moama, everyone else just making up the numbers at this stage :D.

Where's Hank?:confused: You can make posts after ya get a floggin' mate! I do it every week. :D:D Don't be shy, I see Townsend got in the best for ya Tonnie boys, any chance for a vote or two towards that medal count???

heard a whisper that 7 of djars 11 were on young hank, no shame in that though he is a freakish player!
maybe if you trim that beard down hank you could keep up (less wind drag):).
great for us (EU) to get a win on the board finally, hopefully there are a few more just around the corner. just as good to see hueston at opt till the ugly lights came on on sat night...leading from the front again:thumbsu:

ah here we go again, if you have a look around the club you will see that we get most of our money from the private sector/sponsorship. the money we get from state government is available to all clubs not just rumba and we are very lucky that we have paul briggs to make all of this possible.

there are just as many quality koori footballers in regional/metro victoria! why would we bother wasting our time on lads that will be here for 1 year or that and piss off home.

we prefer to use the local boys and we will continue to do so and within the next 5 years we will have a very good development program in place.
where we will be targeting local boys from our region and other young fellas from other parts of the state.

heard a whisper that 7 of djars 11 were on young hank, no shame in that though he is a freakish player!
maybe if you trim that beard down hank you could keep up (less wind drag):).
great for us (EU) to get a win on the board finally, hopefully there are a few more just around the corner. just as good to see hueston at opt till the ugly lights came on on sat night...leading from the front again:thumbsu:

Yes bx went onto him after he kicked his first 4 in the opening 10 minutes, was too good for me. Wish he was available for interleague this weekend so I could sit back on the same side and watch it from a better perspective!!
Sorry Tatsean, only get on here when I have got something worthwhile to say or reply to a question, unlike some!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes bx went onto him after he kicked his first 4 in the opening 10 minutes, was too good for me. Wish he was available for interleague this weekend so I could sit back on the same side and watch it from a better perspective!!
Sorry Tatsean, only get on here when I have got something worthwhile to say or reply to a question, unlike some!!

Young Djars must be firmimg as favourite for the League Medal, wouldn't he? Moama would drop back to the pack without him that's for sure.
Hank do you think without Djars in on Saturday Moama look alot more the sides battling it out for 4th and 5th spot? Really provides there X factor.

Young Djars must be firmimg as favourite for the League Medal, wouldn't he? Moama would drop back to the pack without him that's for sure.
Hank do you think without Djars in on Saturday Moama look alot more the sides battling it out for 4th and 5th spot? Really provides there X factor.

I dont think that is the case, are you trying to say that he adds 100 points to our score each week??? The team does not rely on djars to win games, but he does make a difference. i think you'll find there is plenty of talent in moama's line up and plenty of leaders. Djars does provides that "X" factor though, not only his talent on the field but the way that he gets everyone pumped up and focused. he is awesome to have around. couldnt be happier with what he's done so far, but to say we rely on him is out of the question. definately would have to be favorite to win the medal...does mouth of alot though...ha

I dont think that is the case, are you trying to say that he adds 100 points to our score each week??? The team does not rely on djars to win games, but he does make a difference. i think you'll find there is plenty of talent in moama's line up and plenty of leaders. Djars does provides that "X" factor though, not only his talent on the field but the way that he gets everyone pumped up and focused. he is awesome to have around. couldnt be happier with what he's done so far, but to say we rely on him is out of the question. definately would have to be favorite to win the medal...does mouth of alot though...ha
kards just wondering are moama still looking to recruit any more players or are they above the budget for the year?

I dont think that is the case, are you trying to say that he adds 100 points to our score each week??? Not a 100 points but I on average around 30 to 40 though. The team does not rely on djars to win games, but he does make a difference. Makes the difference in beating the better teams ie" Barooga (6 goals) and smashing the middle teams ie: Tongala (11 Goals) when on fire Moama win by more than i think they would, hence around the bottom couple of finals teams. i think you'll find there is plenty of talent in moama's line up and plenty of leaders. yes recruited well. player wise and you get what you pay for, I guess. Djars does provides that "X" factor though, not only his talent on the field but the way that he gets everyone pumped up and focused. he is awesome to have around. couldnt be happier with what he's done so far, but to say we rely on him is out of the question. definately would have to be favorite to win the medal...does mouth of alot though...ha

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see when/if he misses a game.

Just a question, How did djars go in the loss to Nathalia?

No doubt he makes a big difference to their side, still think they would be ahead of the sides fighting it out for 5th and 6th, but without him they may struggle to beat the top 3.

ah here we go again, if you have a look around the club you will see that we get most of our money from the private sector/sponsorship. the money we get from state government is available to all clubs not just rumba and we are very lucky that we have paul briggs to make all of this possible.

there are just as many quality koori footballers in regional/metro victoria! why would we bother wasting our time on lads that will be here for 1 year or that and piss off home.

we prefer to use the local boys and we will continue to do so and within the next 5 years we will have a very good development program in place.
where we will be targeting local boys from our region and other young fellas from other parts of the state.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was talking about just government funding, I just meant to imply that you would be able to finance yourselves in the GV through funding from anywhere, private or otherwise. I know you have great facilities there at Rumba already. I was just trying to get a point across that it would be great to see more guys like Betheras coming to your club to play. Guys like Winmar who went to the Gippsland League. If you were in the GV why wouldn't he have considered to play up here? How great would it be in 5-10 years time watching Neon Leon, Chris Egan, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Shaun Burgoyne playing for you guys in the GV?:thumbsu:

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see when/if he misses a game.

Just a question, How did djars go in the loss to Nathalia?
I only watched the first 1/4 when they played Nathalia and he was ok but didnt stand out until the 1/4 time address from the coach, I dont think the coach got much of a word in with him there.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was talking about just government funding, I just meant to imply that you would be able to finance yourselves in the GV through funding from anywhere, private or otherwise. I know you have great facilities there at Rumba already. I was just trying to get a point across that it would be great to see more guys like Betheras coming to your club to play. Guys like Winmar who went to the Gippsland League. If you were in the GV why wouldn't he have considered to play up here? How great would it be in 5-10 years time watching Neon Leon, Chris Egan, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Shaun Burgoyne playing for you guys in the GV?:thumbsu:
nah thats fine, but when people on here generally talk about rumba/facilities/players, there is always a mention of money from government. i don't think people realise the hard work the club is doing. i mean the club is an all year round footy club/organisation, that is trying to bridge the gap between koori and non koori people in the health,sport and education areas.

it would be good to have all of those ex koori afl players playing at the club, but most of them (with an exception of afew) are after the money and have alot of baggage which we don't want.

rupert betheras has been with us since our inception into the murray league and has been great. derek murray came along this year, his brother alan played the 1st game and i am sure that he will be with us next year too.

we spoke with djars at the end of last year and had sean charles doing the pre season with us, only to go to other clubs for money. thats fine, but i think that rumba offer a whole lot more than those other clubs. it would of been great for them to work with our young kids (at the munarra institute), i don't think they realise how much they have got to offer to there own mob.

i think that rumba within the next 10 years will have the best facilities/set up of any club outside of the afl in victoria and alot of the people who don't wanna be apart of the club now, will be kicking themselves in the future. thats my own opinion on things and i will be doing what i can to help rumba achieve these and so will all that are involved with the club now.

Stars...hada win on the w.end ay' ...heard young Lelly Bambletts been rippen it up this having a couple best on grounds!!

Gud ta see ya's back on the W' list

How is KB' injury going I heard he hada good one on the w.end missed bitta match fittness...

Good Luck with dream time @ the G' curtain raiser dont Take the the Tiwi

Islanders lightley boys can play lol' last year we Rumba V Tiwi..Islanders

...Well not going to put the score but lets say it didnt go down to the wire

..then we backed it up with a loss against Deni..

Good Luck though ay'

I still wreckon it should be Rumba v. Fitzroy Stars Curtain raiser...

Love the Darwin..boys and great oppunity for them but stars & us

(Rumba) are the 2 only Aboriginal clubs in Vic...so we should be going at it

before the Bombers Tigers game...would fitted right in with our Inter -

League bye...this week!!

Just chasing up some info on Ben Ugle from Tongala. Does he go ok?

has had a slow start to the season shows ability in patches but i think he lacks fitness.............dont rely on him being to the match on time either got a bad habit of being late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back