Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

just wondering how moama coach shannon keam went during the interleague hank. did he play? if so how did he go?

He was very unlucky tucky, did his hammy in the first 5mins of the game on Saturday. Will miss 2 or 3 weeks

He was very unlucky tucky, did his hammy in the first 5mins of the game on Saturday. Will miss 2 or 3 weeks
Hank, how did the Nathalia boys shape up last weekend. Heard a couple shaped up better than others?;)

Hank, how did the Nathalia boys shape up last weekend. Heard a couple shaped up better than others?;)

haha, i'll let that one go through to the keeper.;)
On the field they all contributed extremely well.

you become moderator of this forum and now all of a sudden you're a poet too! haha na thanks mate, that's really unlucky for him. at least all the sunbury boys and whyman will be fresh to play this weekend.

liam ryan - small, quick, exciting foward has had a top class introduction to assumption college 1st XVIII football and has already been shown interest from melbourne based afl clubs north melbourne and richmond.

coming from barooga jst wondering if any1 has watched this exciting new talent in action?

you become moderator of this forum and now all of a sudden you're a poet too! haha na thanks mate, that's really unlucky for him. at least all the sunbury boys and whyman will be fresh to play this weekend.

no not moderator of this forum tucky only the KDFL one.
Yeah Sunbury boys will be fresh, thought they may have put there hand up as they would have been closer to Stawell than the rest of us.

here's the under 18s mfl interleague team:

Nick Howe (Deniliquin Rams)
George Kontakos (Congupna)
Jack Bourke (Moama)
Mitch Curtis (Nathalia)
Jack Miechel (Numurkah)
Jayden Boyd (Tocumwal)
Adam Brassil (Congupna)
Kade Rowe (Mulwala)
Robb Jewell (Finley)
Matt Pendelbury (Numurkah)
Jarrad Denham (Tongala)
Drew Cameron (Cobram)
Michael Connors (Barooga)
Tom Van Der Mew (Cobram)
Jordan Souter (Tongala)
Matt Tyler (Tongala)
Broddy Dickson (Echuca United)
Daniel Thorpe (Moama)
Ricky Barnes (Nathalia)
Daniel Robinson (Nathalia)
William Doyle (Mulwala)
Liam Reeves (Congupna)
Mark Ryan (Congupna)
Jamie Taig (Rumbalara)
Paul McNamara (Numurkah)

daniel thorpe is the best out of these players by a long way

come off it Ricky Barnes is a gun player he'd have to be the best out of them by far.

Matt Tyler got the medal for best player for the MFL so I'll go for him. Must say was disappointed with Thorpes output over the weekend in the footy I saw. Did think he may have been a cut above, but wasn't to be.

Not only unlucky for him , apparently the motown boys got a flogging on tuesday night , some reasonably heavy running . Making up for the week off I guess or maybe taking his hamstring woes out on them , ah who cares! One things for sure they can cover him while he mends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

match of the round this week would have to the game between last years grand finalists. Hawk how's your side shaping up any injuries after the deni game, thought i'd try and find out this way cause the shepp news gives bugger all of a report on the murray league.

Whats going on, where have all the Rumblara boys gone? I hope you have had a look at the callendar and realised that the flag is won in September and not May.

Well done Tonny, would be a great boost for the club to beat a fair side that sat above you.

Gooroo

Whats going on, where have all the Rumblara boys gone? I hope you have had a look at the callendar and realised that the flag is won in September and not May.

Well done Tonny, would be a great boost for the club to beat a fair side that sat above you.

Gooroo

Rumba boys havent gone anyway mate...:confused::confused:

Yeah we know when the finals are played'...:rolleyes:

Bottom teams beat top teams all the time e.g Collingwood v. Geelong :eek::eek:

Yeah to Tonny's credit they came to play ..great bounce back from

Moama game' strang together 4 great quarters against us..& we couldent

match it!! All the big names for the Blues played well..Congrats!!

Best thing about football next week you can bounce back next week..

And I dont recall non of us Rumba boys talking flags mate..

See Barooga have been active early this season. Normally they sign a handful of new players at the end of June, but this year have got in early and signed them up at the start of June. With all cash being thrown around by the Hawks and Moama this year, and a number of clubs strugglng badly at the bottom of the ladder, it will no doubt spark some conversation about the introduction of a salary cap/points system into the MFL.
I suppose it is a good opportunity for surroundng clubs in the MFL and PFL to be active and sign up the local players who have to make way for all these new recruits.

See Barooga have been active early this season. Normally they sign a handful of new players at the end of June, but this year have got in early and signed them up at the start of June. With all cash being thrown around by the Hawks and Moama this year, and a number of clubs strugglng badly at the bottom of the ladder, it will no doubt spark some conversation about the introduction of a salary cap/points system into the MFL.
I suppose it is a good opportunity for surroundng clubs in the MFL and PFL to be active and sign up the local players who have to make way for all these new recruits.

What players have you heard have signed up to the hawks?

Well done to Tonny on their surprise win, especially on Rumba's home ground. If they can retain their younger players in the next few years they should become a real force, IF they continue to improve and the older players in Mark Reid, Adam Brunt, Travis Johnstone, etc. can maintain their form and fitness.

Rumba boys havent gone anyway mate...:confused::confused:

Yeah we know when the finals are played'...:rolleyes:

Bottom teams beat top teams all the time e.g Collingwood v. Geelong :eek::eek:

Yeah to Tonny's credit they came to play ..great bounce back from

Moama game' strang together 4 great quarters against us..& we couldent

match it!! All the big names for the Blues played well..Congrats!!

Best thing about football next week you can bounce back next week..

And I dont recall non of us Rumba boys talking flags mate..

Wanga, have you guys lost a few to injury at the moment or have you just lost momentum? Would have thought you would account for tonny reasonably easy as tonny lack a bit of depth. Their top line players are quite good but I think the like of barooga nathalia will cover them when/if they make finals (sorry hank).

On the echuca united front, 2 wins in a row :D, hope we can make it 3 against deni, not to sure what we are up against but should be close enough? Whats everyones thoughts...

Wanga, have you guys lost a few to injury at the moment or have you just lost momentum? Would have thought you would account for tonny reasonably easy as tonny lack a bit of depth. Their top line players are quite good but I think the like of barooga nathalia will cover them when/if they make finals (sorry hank).

On the echuca united front, 2 wins in a row :D, hope we can make it 3 against deni, not to sure what we are up against but should be close enough? Whats everyones thoughts...
can any 1 tell me how brendan jay gose i think he plays 4 the magpies in your leauge?

Umm...well its a bitta both' we have been injury struck but there has been no doubt since the Nathatlia win..we have lost a little momentum'

Its not panic time for us though everyone has there little dull patch..

I think we sort of looked forward to the Nathalia clash a little to much..
therefore after our win and top spot we didnt take the other clashes with as much intensity..no disrepect to the lower teams!!

But well bounce back..

Yeah two on the trot for you guys..I think you played well against us..
probaly disposals into the forward hurt you a bit'..yeah Deni are no push over..came straight out of the bloicks with us think they were up 3 - 4 goals zip!!...before we showed up and started to work!!

Gooroo

when have we talked up premierships? i think that your mistaking us with another mfl team........we will bounce back, we get 4 boys back this week and you will see a different rumba....but take nothing away from tonny, they came to play and i am sure that we will meet them again come finals.

so how's your team going? looking forward to the return game against us? you will have to come in for a beer and a chat after the game.

Well done to Tonny on their surprise win, especially on Rumba's home ground. If they can retain their younger players in the next few years they should become a real force, IF they continue to improve and the older players in Mark Reid, Adam Brunt, Travis Johnstone, etc. can maintain their form and fitness.

All three had a day out Vs rumba, would expect them all to have atleast 2 more seasons in them:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back